Apply for the Best Job in the World

In a time where corporate downsizing is daily news, there is one dream job available.

71044989.jpg

Australia is reportedly looking for an "Island Caretaker" for the Great Barrier Reef. One candidate will be selected to tour around Hamilton Island (part of Australia's Whitsunday Islands) for six months -- and a $100,000 salary.

This job opening is part of a $1.7 million campaign to increase tourism in Australia's Queensland state. Yahoo reports the Island Caretaker will have free housing in an oceanfront villa.

Job duties include posting photos and videos on a weekly blog of his/her experiences strolling the beaches, snorkeling, swimming and participating in other island activities.

Thousands are expected to apply for this opening, and 11 finalists will be flown to Hamilton Island in May for the selection process. The job begins in July.

Job seekers may learn more about the application process on the Tourism Queensland website.

Is it okay if we bring our kids along, too? Sign us up!

next: Mother of 4 Loses Over 200 Pounds
Bill Wood January 13, 2009, 3:28 PM

well like everyonelse, i would love to have the job. It would be like geting out of hell, and goin to heaven for 6 months. May I bring my dog? hope to hear from you. Bill Wood.

Robert McDaniel January 13, 2009, 3:30 PM

I think I would be good for this job because I am not working at this time, I hurt my back on the job then they laid alot of us off. So I think I would be good for this to lose weight and for the money as long as I could pain pills for my back I would like to try for the job. Thank you very much for listening to me. Yours truley Robert McDaniel

Eileen Banks January 13, 2009, 3:49 PM

I would love to do this job My husband is from Australia and has given his life here in America to preach and serve in a church… He is an amazing communicator and can do all sorts of sports. It would be a dream come true. Where do we apply?

Eileen Banks

Sheila Augustine January 13, 2009, 4:12 PM

I have 2 kids in college, and my sister and oldest son are now living with me. I could use some time to just get away, and see a different part of the world. I am a well-read, well-written person, so I would be able to share this experience with others.

Rez Khalid January 13, 2009, 4:39 PM

I’m friendly, ambitious,enthusiastic, speak in public, communicate verbally, pay attention to detail. The bottom line I’m good communicator and good witer.

Rez Kahlid

James Miller January 13, 2009, 6:21 PM

Being born on in the Pacific Island of the United States, I am privileged to to know that I was born in the same hospital in the same month as the new President Elect for the United States. Not in the same year though.

Privilged in working in the entertainment industry, speaking to the public is second hand for me. I enjoy being out doors and love working on the computer.

After my graduation this coming June, going to an Island and working for six months would be an honor.

Charles A. George January 13, 2009, 8:01 PM

Your search has ended! I was just surfing the net and found this perfect opportunity. As a retired U.S. Navy veteran, I spent a good part of my career on tropical islands worldwide. It has been a dream of mine to visit Australia, in particular, “The Great Barrier Reef”. For some reason, I’m having difficulty accessing the application web site. I will keep trying at this chance of a lifetime. Any assistance you may be able to provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

Ricky Marshall January 13, 2009, 10:26 PM

HI! Im 20 years old about to turn 21, I feel im most qualified for this opportunity because im fun a nice intelligent guy who gets along with anyone and everyone also im always willing to try anyting. Im a hard ambitious worker who gets what needs to be done before fun. My whole life i have traveled all over the country seen many things and Australia is number one on my list of places to go. You wouldnt regret choosing me.

Sara Tanger January 13, 2009, 10:36 PM

this job is beyond perfect for me, i love the out doors and hae always dreamed about living in another country, also i am a film major so i know how to use video camera and the basic camera, please pick me!!! you wont go wrong smart and athletic what a combination!

Jason  January 13, 2009, 11:24 PM

I need this job. I was laid off and have 3 kids to pay for. I have to get out of the frozen tundra that I live in MN

I am a couple hunderd dollars from being broke and without having any ins for my family.

so please island of warmth and sun pimp my life.

jrevier431@gmail.com

Charles Palacios January 14, 2009, 12:52 AM

Absolutely Perfect Job 4 me esto es lo que yo estaba esperando vivir en un Paraiso por Corto tiempo aqui en la Tierra de esto ya no hay por ningun lado es mas ni les Cobro por estar en Queensland lo hago gratis ..atte : C . P .

Arpita Vyas January 14, 2009, 1:52 AM

HI my name is Arpita Vyas, and im from India.Wel im intrested to go for this profile because i think i can make this place more intresting by using my creative mind.

kamal ahmed  January 14, 2009, 3:49 AM

i am kamal ahmed from india now i am working in kuwait on oil company i want this job and i am intrested to go for this job

Faylene Wolcott January 14, 2009, 4:00 AM

Hi Mates my name is Faylene it means wild animal.
I am not your typical tourist. Every where I go something wild happens. If you are looking for a different tour promoter, ITS ME. I live for adventure.
Moved to Saudi Arabia for 10 years. Camp in the desert near Iraq and found Casumma diamonds. Walked the beach in Ras Tanura and was flashed 3 times. Husband was detained due to me being exposed at the neckline. I don’t think my neck is that ugly.Husband got a porking ticket yep pig, due to buying to much pork. Husband received a prescription from Dr for more sex due to his prostrate problem. I flashed the butler in Hong Kong due to my ignorance. Seen bears mating in AK. Climb a 5000 ft mountain, and had snot cicles 2 inches long. So you see with me you will have a tour promoter of a lifetime. I really need the Worlds Best Job, because I have had plenty of the Worlds Worst,

MARY January 14, 2009, 4:31 AM

hi i,m a nurse diploma nurse originally from pakistan now working in kuwit it will be like a dream come true plz help me

Keith Jacobs January 14, 2009, 8:55 AM

Hi my name is Keith. I know you must have received thousands of emails by now from people wanting this job. I’m a 37 year old construction worker, and I am currently laid off from work. I’m a friendly, likable, athletic person, and I need some adventure in my life. I love the outdoors and outdoor activities. I’m not married and have no children, so moving for six months would not be a problem. I live in Ohio, and I have not traveled that much in my life. This is a once in a life time opportunity that I would fully embrace. Where do I apply? Hope to hear from you. amishchops@yahoo.com
-Keith

Stephen W Batesb January 14, 2009, 9:31 AM

I am a certified scuba diver, have a degree in bradcasting and have done TV and Radio commericals. I am in good shape and have excellent communication skills. I love the Sea; and have travaled to some beautiful locations in the world to dive. This is the job for me.

loraine Reed January 14, 2009, 11:04 AM

I would love to have that job.I have two children who is driving me crazy must get away from them .I no I will do a great job you wont be sorry .
deserving and desperate.
Loraine J Reed
USA

tichoo January 14, 2009, 12:20 PM

i would love have to job in australai

Regina January 14, 2009, 4:31 PM

I would love to have the job because I am definitly willing to try new things and I have not left the state of Florida but once in my life time. I’m sure I would be your perfect candiddate.