Jessica Simpson Gives Mom Jeans a Bad Name

The internet is buzzing about how horrible Jessica Simpson looked in her "mom jeans" over the weekend. And I say that's an insult to moms everywhere!

Momlogic's Julie: Everyone is saying how puffy, fat, and bloated Jessica Simpson looked at the 99.9 Kiss Country 24th Annual Chili Cook Off in Florida. In a blog post entitled "Simpson Proves Not Everyone Should Wear Mom Jeans," it says: "Simpson took the stage in a cleavage bearing tank top and mom jeans, which don't do anything for her figure."

jessica simpson fat wearing mom jeans

Um ... I'm a mom, and I wouldn't be caught dead in those jeans!

Now, that said, Jessica Simpson looks WAY better than I ever could, even with a little meat on her bones. Most of us moms only wish we could look this "bad."

But I'm sick and tired of people throwing around the term "mom jeans" anytime someone sports unflattering denim.

The fashionista moms I know wear True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, and 7 for All Mankind jeans. Casual moms like me wear Gap or Old Navy. Maybe jeans like Jessica's could be called "grandma jeans." But even my 81-year-old grandmother wouldn't wear denim that looked this bad!

Do YOU think Jessica Simpson is wearing "mom jeans"? Comment below.

next: Mom Finds Son on MySpace -- 32 Years Later!
kim January 27, 2009, 3:49 PM

Not everyone can afford to wear True Religon ,etc…. There is nothing wrong with shopping at JCP. That being said yes they are ugly jeans but I’m sure they were hundreds of dollars but as long as she’s comfortable with herself who are we to judge.

birdsfly January 27, 2009, 4:02 PM

Some of the women in charge of Momlogic seem sort of out of touch with normal moms. I’m sure it’s nice to buy top clothing brands and get regular mani/pedis but I’m pretty sure that the average reader can’t always relate.

every guy January 27, 2009, 4:03 PM

I would still bang her like a screen door in a hurricane.

rugbymom January 27, 2009, 4:16 PM

every guy…bah-ha-ha!!! Who wouldn’t!

ash January 27, 2009, 4:18 PM

Yeah she looks bad there, but she’s always bounced back and forth.
As for mom jeans..I think it’s a reference to the super conservatives who do wear the high waisted jeans. And you can buy a pair of 7 for all mankind’s at Kohl’s for less than $30 :)

smoore January 27, 2009, 4:33 PM

yes, she has gained a few pounds. the only reason she looks not so great is because she looks uncomfortable in the tight jeans and shirt. she looks squeezed in.

the jeans wouldn’t look so bad if they were not so tight. i don’t think they are supposed to be tight. why would you put carpenter pockets on tight jeans.

Dionne January 27, 2009, 4:45 PM

I’m always amazed when a guy makes a comment. Most of the time because it’s a very crude comment. Secondly because this is a female site ie moms. No one wants to hear who you would bang. Even if you were a lesbian female. I still don’t care to read that you would bang someone. Where is the tastefulness?

curvymom January 27, 2009, 7:07 PM

I’m wondering if she really did gain weight or if the ‘mom jeans’ just make her look a little fluffier?

Personally, I think she looks better (and healthier) now than when she was skinny as a stick. The jeans are a little unflattering, but who really cares, as long as she’s comfy.

VenusHHope January 27, 2009, 7:41 PM

Well they are not flattering per se yet that is not what is important at the end of the day! Wear those jeans and show you are for real…

‘cause you are woman and we hear you roar …
a woman’s beauty comes from within. We women have been told that again and again
So Jessica you are willing to be for real… and because you are just being you we women like you more!

April January 27, 2009, 7:48 PM

I’m really not that concerned with the jeans. I think it’s the combination of the tucked in tank and huge eye-catching belt creating the “muffin-top” that is so disturbing.

As for comfort? I go for comfort when I’m lounging around my house… not while performing on stage.

Lightenup January 27, 2009, 8:03 PM

Yo Dionne,

Lighten up - the difference in opinion with “every guy” isn’t very much at all.. the dude’s really saying that he still finds her desirable despite all the internet pap. Crude, yeah a little bit, but the honesty is pretty easy to deal with compared to the alternative…

Don’t dismiss it out of hand…

Dawn January 27, 2009, 8:34 PM

Those jeans couldn’t be comfortable with how tight they are. And the high belt does NOTHING for her. While we’re nitpicking, she could use a better bra for some.. lift.

I always think of the reference to “Mom jeans” as the jeans *our* moms would wear. LOL So yeah… grandma jeans. ;)

Don’t stars have “people” who would make sure they don’t go out of the house in things like that?

mom_of_2 January 27, 2009, 8:54 PM

I’d give my eye tooth to look as good as Jessica. We all have bad-clothes days. Let’s give her a break.

Anonymous January 27, 2009, 9:10 PM

I am more concerned with people thinking THIS is fat! As if! But the jeans are ugly. Of course I didn’t really see them for a while b/c my eyes were drawn to the belt.ugh.

ggalNV January 27, 2009, 10:24 PM

Country singers arent known for their great fashion sense…I guess she is trying to fit in. High waisted jeans are common in that genre. Good Luck Jessica

Anonymous January 28, 2009, 1:47 AM

True religon,Seven..Excuse me

ashley January 28, 2009, 9:35 AM

She’s gotten a little bigger and comfy because she’s had a boyfriend for so long. It happens to all of us. But really you would think someone would’ve told her that outfit looked bad and didn’t fit.

t333 January 28, 2009, 11:51 AM

Jessica looks older in these pictures. Sometimes with age comes the dreaded 20-25 pounds. Also shes probably happy and has gained her obligatory “happy relationship poundage..” It’s a shame most of it went to her mid section which makes her look closer to 40 than she’d like I’m sure.

jodie January 28, 2009, 3:30 PM

I guess she’s on Tony Romo’s diet… Have you seen the latest pics? Jeez…
Jessica Simpson Fat

liz January 28, 2009, 4:16 PM

I think she looks great. She still looks good