Jessica Simpson Gives Mom Jeans a Bad Name

The internet is buzzing about how horrible Jessica Simpson looked in her "mom jeans" over the weekend. And I say that's an insult to moms everywhere!

Momlogic's Julie: Everyone is saying how puffy, fat, and bloated Jessica Simpson looked at the 99.9 Kiss Country 24th Annual Chili Cook Off in Florida. In a blog post entitled "Simpson Proves Not Everyone Should Wear Mom Jeans," it says: "Simpson took the stage in a cleavage bearing tank top and mom jeans, which don't do anything for her figure."

jessica simpson fat wearing mom jeans

Um ... I'm a mom, and I wouldn't be caught dead in those jeans!

Now, that said, Jessica Simpson looks WAY better than I ever could, even with a little meat on her bones. Most of us moms only wish we could look this "bad."

But I'm sick and tired of people throwing around the term "mom jeans" anytime someone sports unflattering denim.

The fashionista moms I know wear True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, and 7 for All Mankind jeans. Casual moms like me wear Gap or Old Navy. Maybe jeans like Jessica's could be called "grandma jeans." But even my 81-year-old grandmother wouldn't wear denim that looked this bad!

Do YOU think Jessica Simpson is wearing "mom jeans"? Comment below.

next: Mom Finds Son on MySpace -- 32 Years Later!
Katy January 28, 2009, 11:41 PM

I think the high-waisted thing can be okay, say if it’s a 40s style outfit, but generally should be steered clear of. She’s not fat, she just needs a stylist or something. Really just plain black pants would have worked with the cinched in waist, kind of Sandy out of Grease thing.

km January 29, 2009, 12:18 AM

nothing wrong with being a size 8, but at least look good in what you where. She is dating a football star. When the media gives her crap it reflects him also and the way he plays. Look he has played crappy all season. So if she would just look in the mirror before she gets into public this kinda stuff wouldnt happen. She chooses to be in the public eye. So dress the part.

birdsfly January 29, 2009, 3:16 PM

Also, i think the problem is that belt, not the jeans (though I probably would never wear them).

Gina123 January 29, 2009, 10:13 PM

I don’t think she’s fat, I do think she is out of shape and overweight. That outfit makes her look to top heavy. She is squeezing out of her tank top. Now I know what she has been hiding underneath the sweats and long dresses. If she is happy with her weight, then fine, I do think she needs to dress more appropriately for her weight.

A Guy Who Likes Curves January 29, 2009, 10:40 PM

OK, first thing… Gina, your first sentence seems just a wee bit contradictory to me…but I digress. Anyway, I LIKE high waisted jeans and HATE the low rise ones. Muffin tops are ALWAYS a bad look, and the high waisted jeans show off a woman’s natural flowing hip curves -can you say delicious?! Low rise jeans mess up God’s wonderfully engineered lines and would give even Kate Moss an apparent belly roll. Yick.
Seriously though, I think Jes looks great, but if at any time it takes 2 belts like that to hold in the bulging belly, it’s time to reconsider our fitness plan.

Anonymous January 29, 2009, 11:15 PM

its winter the girl needs a few extra lbs to keep warm the way the media is going on u would swear she gained 100lbs all she needs to do is take a crap and it will be gone wow kill the girl for having a positive body image in hollywood i say YOU GO GIRL.

meh January 30, 2009, 3:13 AM

She looks like every other rodeo tramp that hangs around those dirty, crap filled arenas. Cute but pudgy. That dukes of Hazard movie really tainter her with all that hee-haw $hit-kicking, tobacco-chewing, red-neck non-sense. If you like country music, you’re a hick, and are probably married to your cousin, whether you know it or not, haha

Tanya January 30, 2009, 11:47 AM

I find it interesting that celebrities expect to be praised for their looks and sexiness and don’t mind being scrutinized if they are given a good report on their looks but suddenly become very offended if they are criticized. So…they want our opinion, but only if it’s good? Jessica Simpson has intentionally created a sexual image for herself to cash in on, obviosuly she will be judged by that standard.

randomguy January 30, 2009, 5:52 PM

Holy sh1t, she really let herself go….. now she needs to let herself go to the gym and not burger king lol

pleasantly plump January 30, 2009, 8:03 PM

Tanya you are absolutely right, if she looked like that at the start of her career we’d all appreciate her for her talent and not care about her size, then when she lost weight we’d all accuse her of having an eating disorder. You have to be tough to make it in show business, I’m sure all this recent chatter about her weight gain just rolls off her back. She obviously seems very comfortable with herself, good for her.

average guy January 30, 2009, 8:12 PM

She’s still a hottie to an average guy like me. I only date girls who have some girth. The skinny b!tches are way too much maintenance and are usually so full of themselves, they think they can have any guy they want and that I’m just so lucky to be with them.

Shelly January 30, 2009, 11:39 PM

WHO came up with the dumb term mom jeans, moms are younger now then they use to be, I prefer her wearing these jeans then the ones that show your whole crack when you bend over. mom jeans dumb. I think its jealousy she looks great and healthy.

Denise January 31, 2009, 10:52 AM

The only reason for this term “Mom Jeans” is b/c it’s high waist. In the years before say ? 2002 , there were no low rise jeans. All the teenagers only wore high waist jeans b/c that is all there was.I was a teenager in the 80’s & that’s all the teens wore. The term is so stupid.These high waist jeans are coming back in style anyway. Jessica Simpson’s jeans are just plain UGLY . No one would look good in these.

mom of 3 January 31, 2009, 11:03 AM

I think she looks great. I know I wouldn’t want to be placed under a microscope everytime I wear something that might not be flattering. I’m sure she doesn’t care for it either. No matter what she wears or how much she might weigh, she is still a beautiful person, that comes from the inside…..

Dear Prudence January 31, 2009, 11:23 AM

I knew after seeing the Victoria Secret fashion show that high waisted panties/pants were the new “in” thing. I think they are so ugly. They don’t even look good on someone so pretty as Jessica Simpson. NO one can pull off “mom” jeans. I think it’s crazy for the media to focus on her weight. So, she gained a little? It’s better then being a skeleton! Hollywood is way too shallow.

natalie January 31, 2009, 11:23 AM

ok i saw this pic yesterday with the celebs face blacked out… i thought it was mariah carey in her fatty fase. oops. so what if she put on a few lbs. who hasn’t. so what if she’s a celebrity. first and foremost she’s only just human.
it really has no impact on my life so celebs can do what they want to themsevles. as long as they can sleep at night knowing how they live their life more power to them

Big Ron January 31, 2009, 11:32 AM

She is Hot anything she wares..
Love HER

Brianna January 31, 2009, 11:34 AM

I dont know why it is such a big deal for her to gail a little weight! I dont think she looks fat at all, she may have gained a little but who is anyone to judge the life she lives, maybe she wasnt happy being skinny and wanted to put on some weight, celebs, get criticized for losing weight and now they complain when they gain it too? come on leave her alone.

david January 31, 2009, 11:41 AM

first off where do you all get off calling them mom jeans secondly do you all have nothing better to do then to cut down jessica simpson becuse YOU think she has a few extra pounds so what she is still the same awsome person she was before that is what you should be looking

a person wieght does define who they are as far as the jeans jessica most likelty wears what is comfortable to her there is no written law that says she has to wear any thing othere then what she feels comfortasble with you don’t like it tough its not your life you should all owrry about your lives and let jessica live hers

Sarah J January 31, 2009, 2:16 PM

I THOUGHT ANNA NICOLE SMITH WAS DEAD?