Jessica Simpson Gives Mom Jeans a Bad Name

The internet is buzzing about how horrible Jessica Simpson looked in her "mom jeans" over the weekend. And I say that's an insult to moms everywhere!

Momlogic's Julie: Everyone is saying how puffy, fat, and bloated Jessica Simpson looked at the 99.9 Kiss Country 24th Annual Chili Cook Off in Florida. In a blog post entitled "Simpson Proves Not Everyone Should Wear Mom Jeans," it says: "Simpson took the stage in a cleavage bearing tank top and mom jeans, which don't do anything for her figure."

jessica simpson fat wearing mom jeans

Um ... I'm a mom, and I wouldn't be caught dead in those jeans!

Now, that said, Jessica Simpson looks WAY better than I ever could, even with a little meat on her bones. Most of us moms only wish we could look this "bad."

But I'm sick and tired of people throwing around the term "mom jeans" anytime someone sports unflattering denim.

The fashionista moms I know wear True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, and 7 for All Mankind jeans. Casual moms like me wear Gap or Old Navy. Maybe jeans like Jessica's could be called "grandma jeans." But even my 81-year-old grandmother wouldn't wear denim that looked this bad!

Do YOU think Jessica Simpson is wearing "mom jeans"? Comment below.

next: Mom Finds Son on MySpace -- 32 Years Later!
Christine January 31, 2009, 2:52 PM

She wants everyone to look at her and comment on her when she is stick skinny so now that she has gained some weight people are openly going to do the same. I think she has opened the door for it. To be honest I think this is what her body is naturally supposed to look like and it’s beautiful. It’s all in what you wear. People that are plus size can look gorgeous too. It all depends on how you carry yourself and if Jessica embraces her size it could really open a lot of people’s eyes to women of weight being beautiful. What’s funny to me though is she is probably a size 8 and we’re all making such a big deal of nothing.

Bill January 31, 2009, 5:43 PM

I dont understand this. I think she looks hotter now. This is what REAL women look like.

Tanya Cunningham January 31, 2009, 8:40 PM

I think it just shows she is secure in herself.. I hate all this crap that everybody is saying.. People are making it sound bad to be a mom.. Jessica is beautiful and I would give my right arm (well!) something to look that good again! So what, she may just love these jeans.. Not my favorite, but too each his own.. Learn to love people and not limit them to your wardrobe..These jeans don’t define her..

Jessica and her family are from my hometown.. I just think she’s great..

samantha stevens January 31, 2009, 8:40 PM

2 pounds of baloney in a 1 pound bag. Hey Darrin, Gladys Kravitz is looking in our windows again.

heidi February 1, 2009, 1:05 PM

Who cares how she looks? The point I can’t get past is the fact that Jessica Simpson is now working the chili cook-off circuit! That’s even worse than state fairs. Ouch.

mac February 3, 2009, 7:31 AM

I don’t think Jessica Simpson had anything to do with the already poor reputation of mom jeans. Do folks really know what the definition of fat is? She’s fine.

sunnygirl February 3, 2009, 11:30 AM

I just have to say that I do not know why they call them mom jeans. I would not wear anything like this. I only wear Levi’s. And I think that Jessica looks just fine at this weight. Why can’t people realize that happiness is what matters.

Anonymous February 3, 2009, 11:46 AM

She’s not fat. She’s probably normal sized and just looks big because everyone else in Hollywood is anorexic looking.

Jade February 3, 2009, 1:48 PM

I do not understand all the deal with this. I think she looks great and maybe for once in her life that she is happy and not worrying about her weight. I think people should get past being a size 0. That being regular size is not overweight!

SesshoumausGirl February 3, 2009, 10:31 PM

She is NOT fat! Sure, the outfit isn’t doing her any favors, but some of you are just assine. Women are meant to have hips, breasts and some booty. She looks normal and healthy.

I’m right at 130 and have some curves … and hubby woudn’t want it any other way.

For all the curvey ladies out there, embrace it, be secure, be happy and be heathly.

coffee February 4, 2009, 2:13 AM

Jessica Simpson is now in a perfect position to show what a good singer she is…

monica February 5, 2009, 12:24 PM

dang people she looks good!!!! leave her alone!!!!

Laura Schmidt February 6, 2009, 2:13 AM

I guess I’m way confused because as long as she felt comfortable about being dressedlike that who cares. And as far as Gap, Old Navy and 7 for manknind, as a heavier set women, yes America we are not all born to be pencil thin, most of these don’t make jeans in womens sizes for one for two not everyone can afford a pair of jeans for even under $30.

ISB February 6, 2009, 8:33 AM

I think she looks great, even though the pants and the belt are horrible! ROCK ON JESSICA ROCK ON!

Wenfery February 6, 2009, 8:23 PM

She didn’t need the pockets on the jeans. But really she’s gained more in the middle and top than the bottom, so I don’t see why so much fuss is on the jeans themselves.

Wenfery February 6, 2009, 8:29 PM

I’m sure she got sick of working out like a banchee all the time and wanted to eat something. I don’t envy the pressure these women have in Hollywood.

Cindy February 11, 2009, 12:44 PM

Why do the feamles thiunsk she looks great but the guys think she looks fat. Depends on who she wants to impress, IF she wats to impress. F-A-T

Audly1 February 13, 2009, 4:38 PM

So, Cindy, are you a “feamle”? ‘Cause if so, you’re invalidating your own assertion…

marylee February 14, 2009, 5:56 PM

Jessica’s jeans are fine.I wore these exact same jeans in 1972. Long before I became a mom. I think I had the same belt too!

Kicjxeaj June 25, 2009, 11:43 AM