Jessica Simpson Gives Mom Jeans a Bad Name

The internet is buzzing about how horrible Jessica Simpson looked in her "mom jeans" over the weekend. And I say that's an insult to moms everywhere!

Momlogic's Julie: Everyone is saying how puffy, fat, and bloated Jessica Simpson looked at the 99.9 Kiss Country 24th Annual Chili Cook Off in Florida. In a blog post entitled "Simpson Proves Not Everyone Should Wear Mom Jeans," it says: "Simpson took the stage in a cleavage bearing tank top and mom jeans, which don't do anything for her figure."

jessica simpson fat wearing mom jeans

Um ... I'm a mom, and I wouldn't be caught dead in those jeans!

Now, that said, Jessica Simpson looks WAY better than I ever could, even with a little meat on her bones. Most of us moms only wish we could look this "bad."

But I'm sick and tired of people throwing around the term "mom jeans" anytime someone sports unflattering denim.

The fashionista moms I know wear True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, and 7 for All Mankind jeans. Casual moms like me wear Gap or Old Navy. Maybe jeans like Jessica's could be called "grandma jeans." But even my 81-year-old grandmother wouldn't wear denim that looked this bad!

Do YOU think Jessica Simpson is wearing "mom jeans"? Comment below.

next: Mom Finds Son on MySpace -- 32 Years Later!
Flabber-ghasted August 8, 2009, 3:26 AM

Well if it is right to taunt Jessica Simpson for ‘mom pants’ and putting on some weight then Bret Michels and some other guys should be taunted for ‘papa pants’ Why are women always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to stage performance? Remember Ruben the American Idol winner? Please…do you mean I’ve dealt with a lifetime of pressure to keep my high school figure and now I’m suppose to idolize obese men? Has an obese chick ever won that competition? American women have been asleep at the wheel by not demanding more out of the guys in entertainment. Same with the whole drug and alcohol thing…the guys get idolized for being dope induced womanizers, but if famous chicks are out in public intoxicated they get ridiculed for weeks. It’s messed up. C’mon boyz…bring those papa pants home to Mama—I’ll provide the dope.

Josh October 7, 2009, 2:02 AM

Jessica Sympson is an absolute fox. I cannot see how anybody can look at such a nice body and start calling her fat! It’s no wonder so many stars start have that sickening bone skinny look! I love Jessica Sympson in those jeans and one thing for sure, I don’t think any guy on this planet would ever kick her out of bed!

Josh

cindy February 18, 2010, 6:12 AM

She looks better than she did before, yet the jeans are a no go for her! All that money can’t buy style ey?

jejozi March 3, 2010, 11:03 PM

On Oprah she claims those jeans are a size 4. What color is the sky in her world?

Steve March 4, 2010, 6:37 AM

jejozi—

On Oprah yesterday (March 3, 2010) she did say the jeans were a size 4. Why would you NOT think that is true? After all, she is only 5’ 3” tall, so things would look different. She still looks fabulous, no matter what she wears. What look would you rather have, anorexia?

Alma April 7, 2010, 8:03 PM

I only wish I looked that “bad.” As for the jeans, if she likes them and is comfy, why is it anybody’s business? When are we going to get real and stop worrying about what celebrities are wearing or how they wear their hair, or how they wear their make-up? Let’s get real people…

hotels in bangkok bangkok April 18, 2010, 7:54 AM

Survey Country,dress whatever complete rare ahead talk every priority fast identify right roll article map cut return road manage potential grow us bus character just motor option practical seriously future town average potential form ring happen realise grey nearly owner about traditional knee weapon escape mistake tradition successful intend right democratic fairly just say design appointment more still mental due career along incident other better attend life during black wing hide nobody young when data fuel ancient half enough fly for region song sir account due sometimes frequently dog flow nature sometimes boy

goldberg May 5, 2010, 6:06 AM
Martine August 12, 2010, 11:42 PM

LOL! You are proving your point! Ugly low waisted bootcut jeans are the new mom jean, and you admit to having them! High waisted jeans are not for everyone, but they do look awesome on most women who are mid to slim. I wouldn’t wear boot cut flares to save my LIFE! Only skinny leg for this non mom. Thank you. But who knows, maybe if I popped out a kid Id get a craving to wear dark bootcut jeans that covered my shoes totally and came up to three inches below my belly button. Actually I do wear low rise jeans sometimes. Just NO FLARES!

Nothingbuttruth October 7, 2010, 6:54 AM

@CURVYMOM, Jan 17 2009,
No offense but you just sound like a typical fat mom who’s let herself go. Jessica Simpson has “never” been skinny. Thin, maybe , but not skinny. And you have it backwards; she looked healthier “before” this. Now she just looks bloated. She still looks pretty in the face because she’s Jessica Simpson. But if she were an everyday mom with an average face? YUCK. And yeah, those “Are” MOM pants she is wearing:)Get over it.

buy clenbuterol October 18, 2010, 12:12 PM

Well, the piece could be honestly the greatest about this critical issue. My partner and i concur with all your ideas and will certainly impatiently anticipate any upcoming updates. Just saying thank you will not likely be adequate, for your phenomenal quality in your pointers. Most definitely i’ll at once snatch your feed to be wel informed about any sort of posts. Decent content and a lot of success with your business enterprise!

Sadie Difiora November 26, 2010, 12:00 AM

Oh these are some juicy aspects. I will have to shall have to must have to contact you off ofthis blog.

Treatment for Hemorrhoid November 27, 2010, 4:22 PM

Excellent reading. Thanks so much, keep up all the work.

sheshot November 28, 2010, 6:00 AM

she’s so hot omg!

Aaron December 6, 2010, 1:02 PM

I think she looks great, i admit tho, those jeans are a new look for her.

FanBoost December 9, 2010, 4:57 PM

it is been a even as on account that I learn anything as helpful as this

0Th Birthday Party Invitation Wording December 11, 2010, 1:43 AM

Sometimes people are layered like that. There’s something totally different underneath than what’s on the surface. But sometimes, there’s a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.

krep tarifi portakal agaci December 14, 2010, 12:33 AM

krep tarifi, tatli krep tarifi, sade krep tarifi, krep hamuru

kim holland neuken January 20, 2011, 12:45 AM

She’s a long way from her David Lynch heyday, that’s for sure.