Jessica Simpson's Trainer: We All Gain Weight

When we saw photos of Jessica Simpson rockin' some mom jeans with a noticeably bigger booty at a recent concert, we were surprised. But according to Simpson's personal trainer Harley Pasternak, "she has curves where a woman needs to have curves!"

jessica simpson fat and her trainer

Harley, who has worked with celebs such as Eva Mendes, Halle Berry, and Jennifer Hudson, defends Simpson to "EXTRA" in an exclusive interview. "We all go a little bit up and a little bit down. But she's healthy. She's still sexy. She's still a beautiful woman. And I have no problem with the way she looks" adding, "I think if more people looked the way she looks now, the country would be a lot healthier."

Pasternak, whose book The 5-Factor Diet made the New York Times bestseller list, worked with Simpson on the flick "Major Movie Star" and says, "Jessica was a fantastic client. I think Jessica has a really healthy perspective on her healthy body image and looks like a woman. I would take her body any day over somebody who's emaciated and looks unhealthy."

Tune in to EXTRA tonight to hear more of Harley's interview!

next: Team Octuplets!
Doris January 27, 2009, 8:17 PM

She’s HAPPY!! Fat and happy! :D

carlos January 27, 2009, 8:25 PM

Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk!!

John January 27, 2009, 8:59 PM

Shes happy till Romo trades her for a better model

anon January 28, 2009, 1:15 PM

Nothing wrong withher weight, but there is something very wrong with that outfit! Its soooo unflattering!

toomchtodu January 28, 2009, 2:18 PM

I don’t consider the weight a problem……It’s the clothes!
Dress to flatter the figure.

Barbie January 28, 2009, 2:53 PM

She looks happy and healthy. She looks like a woman in love. She is a petite girl, so even so a very small weight gain is noticeable, but she is NOT FAT AT ALL. She looks GREAT! I think maybe what she was wearing emphasized her small weight gain.

teraa January 28, 2009, 8:42 PM

you know what i think shes beautiful no matter how heavy she is! she is an amazing singer, as long as shes happy thats all that matters!

oscar January 30, 2009, 11:40 PM

I think she still looks great.As long as Romo isn’t complaining,than its all good.

lynda January 31, 2009, 11:32 AM

WoW! how sad that any one thinks she is fat, and as far as the jeans, higher in the waist 80’s style, but quite possibly the belt creates the illusion of that too. but not ugly, come on people Jessica Simpson is gorgeous! That’s one of her gifts, Gorgeous! A lot of the younger twenty something girls they are so skinny and the drug use is apparent on their disgustingly skinny malnourished bodies! and when they put implants on those bodies, Yuck.I personally think the Marilyn Monroe kinda girls are much more beautiful! Not Fat!
We all have frumpy days,But this is not one of them for Jessica, like her trainer said more women should have curves like her (and I!) Being short emphasizes them more but a little exercise and weight training keeps us beautiful and she is beautiful and so am I!

Le January 31, 2009, 3:59 PM

Jessica looks great - what is a few pounds here and there - who cares! Give her a break already…ggeeesssss

Amber February 3, 2009, 7:01 PM

she’s still a lot skinnier than me…HOWEVER you’ve got to admit, that outfit looks TERRIBLE and WAY TOO TIGHT - her stylist should be fired

Haley  February 4, 2009, 4:15 PM

Simpson might have gained weight but she still is the same person, if she is happy with who she is it shouldn’t matter if she has gotten bigger or not, her voice is still the same and the way she acts is still the same. I think people need to stop and think abut the things they say about these celebrates. We teenagers look up to them as role models, they have all over come something and become great, but now fat, girls that may be a little bigger as well are looking at themselves as, “wow im fat.” They get enough critisum at school from the teenagers, now adults. People wonder why there is a high amount of illness for weightloss. When will people grow up and know that perfection is a goal that can never be reacted. We are all humans we’re made to make mistakes, that is how we learn. We are not perfect, Simpson has the life, large or skinny she is still the one with the voice and she is still the one who things tuna is the king of the ocean. So give it a break!

hey February 7, 2009, 12:19 PM

she is beautiful

short formal dresses November 9, 2010, 6:55 AM

Hey, excellent web site. I really discovered this on Bing, and i am pleased I did. I will definately be coming back right here more regularly. Desire I could add to the conversation and provide a bit more towards the desk, however am simply absorbing just as much info as I can at the moment. Thank you