Keep Your Kids Out of My Gym!

As if it's not hard enough to get a good workout in, your kids are making it unbearable.

woman trying to workout and kids playing with drinking fountain

Guest blogger Childless Bitch: I know you're trying to stick to your New Year's resolutions (great, you're hitting the gym about five years too late), but just because you've decided to start a new journey in your life, doesn't mean it should affect what I have been diligently doing for ummm ... about 15 years. I pay good money for my gym membership, and the last thing I need is this:

1. Your kids spend like 30 minutes drinking water at the fountain. What? You don't have any water at home?

2. Speaking of the water fountain, they spit on it. Ew. Disgusting.

3. I do not want to see your Miley Cyrus-looking daughter jumping around in my aerobics class. She should be watching the Disney Channel instead.

4. The ONE place that is supposed to be relaxing in the gym is the steam room. They're sitting around in bikinis making ME feel like I shouldn't be naked. I don't want to hear about your kid's text message to her 5th grade boyfriend.

5. Keep their time in the locker room to a minimum. Their hair and stuff is everywhere and they leave a mess.

6. The treadmill is for walking and/or running, it is NOT an amusement park ride. If they fall off, I will not stop my workout to help them up. Sorry. They shouldn't be on it in the first place.

7. There are signs to wipe off equipment after using it. Your kids left snot and God knows what else behind on the handles. At least teach them to clean up after themselves.

Since you bring your kids everywhere, including the nail salon (that's a whole other story), the gym is the last place left for a little "me time." Do you mind just leaving them at home next time? Or find a gym with day care. Thanks.

next: Was Caylee Anthony a Child of Incest?
cheapviagra8105 August 30, 2010, 7:45 AM
insanity January 31, 2011, 9:16 PM

Fitness exercises can increase your mental wellness. It’s fundamental to understand that stress and anxiety could possibly have a negative impact on the health of the body and mind. Stress not only leads to depression, but it also causes specific ailments and weakens the immune system.

TurboFire Johnson February 4, 2011, 10:04 AM

Nowadays, everything is so competitive and this causes stress. To cope with stress fitness plays an vital role. If you’re healthy and fit, you without difficulty manage your tension. Most consumers are losing their weight to maintain themselves fit and healthy. It is really critical for folks to understand that being physically fit and becoming thin aren’t always comprehensive.

Revabs Brett Hoebel February 4, 2011, 1:33 PM

When you are physically fit you sense enthusiasm in life and thus become self-confident. You can even fight mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression.

Insanity workout review February 10, 2011, 12:09 PM

While we are discussing about topics relevant to Keep Your Kids Out of My Gym! | momlogic.com, The best motivation is somebody else with a like goal that wants to accomplish what you want as well. When you feel down and out and not really into it, this person might pull you along. When you can’t get that last rep out, they are there to give you a spot. It’s so much easier to have a training partner you can trust that motivates you. If they are a little competitive that might not hurt either. You can both use each other’s energy to push yourself. When you are accountable for something, it’s harder to back out.

coco March 3, 2011, 10:31 AM

i work out at my gym at home in my appartment complex and moms will come in with their children which really bothers me because its hard enough to get in my groove and when theres a child running around picking up equepment it really gets on my nervs also my last straw was when the child unplugged my machine! i complained to the manager and he said he cant do anything aboout this… does anyone know if there is a law in the state of washington to not have a child under 16 in the gym it would be great to know!

p90x Recovery Drink March 7, 2011, 4:00 PM

As we’re on Keep Your Kids Out of My Gym! | momlogic.com, To set yourself up for success, consider planning a nutritious diet as a number of little, manageable actions relatively than 1 big drastic change. In the event you approach the adjustments gradually and with commitment, you’ll possess a healthy diet sooner than you believe.