Casey Anthony's Brother Could Get Immunity

Lee Anthony could get immunity.

lee-anthon.jpg

CNN reports there's a chance Casey's brother Lee might get immunity. Lee's attorney Thomas Luca is reportedly concerned his client could possibly face obstruction charges or aiding and abetting charges and is trying to seek a subpoena for Lee -- which, in the state of Florida, grants you instant immunity.

"If he is given this immunity," defense attorney Hugo Rodriguez told CNN's Nancy Grace, "He has to take the stand in the murder trial. He cannot plead the Fifth. He has to get up there, tell his story, tell exactly what he knows. If Casey did give him inside information, he has to spill it all on the stand during that murder trial."

Lee, if subpoenaed would only be offered what's referred to as "use immunity" which means anything he says cannot be used against him in a subsequent prosecution. He could, however, still be tried with testimony from other witnesses. That's why it's rumored Lee's attorney will want what's called  "blanket immunity" or total immunity.

Make no mistake, says Judge Jeanine Pirro, "Lee has information they need or they wouldn't  want him to be subpoenaed in the first place."

In other Casey Anthony news, Roy Kronk is very appreciative to Mark NeJame, the Anthonys' former lawyer, for his generous gift of $5,000. Apparently, Mr. NeJame received $5,000 for his earlier involvement in the case and has decided that since Roy did find Caylee, the money should appropriately go to him.

See Also:

next: Obesity Shouldn't Get You a Parking Space
KHOLLER January 15, 2009, 5:31 PM

CAYLEE ANTHONY SHOULD GET THE DEATH PENALTY AND HER ENTIRE FAMILY SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH BEING IDIOTS.

SanSmith January 15, 2009, 5:44 PM

Don’t you mean Casey Anthony should be charged? Caylee’s the victim.

007 January 15, 2009, 5:48 PM

SanSmith: I’m sure that is what Kholler meant. You know that. Everyone knows that. Come on!

CHICKIE2465 January 15, 2009, 5:48 PM

Does anyone else think this is strange??????

I was just reading the transcript of Lee Anthony’s first police interview, and something struck me as odd. When he was describing the smell coming from Casey’s car in the garage he says, “The windows were rolled down to what I assume ventilate the horrible smell that I had just, just uh, smelled for the first time.”

I wonder why he would feel the need to say that he had just smelled the smell for the first time. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to describe how horrible the smell was, and not mention that he was smelling it for the first time?

007 January 15, 2009, 6:13 PM

Chickie, YES, that is an odd comment. Why would he feel compelled to say that?

Maribeth January 15, 2009, 6:21 PM

Maybe he just meant it was the first time he had ever smelled something that sickening.

beej January 15, 2009, 6:33 PM

@Maribeth
That is what I was thinking.

Sally January 15, 2009, 7:55 PM

Even if he gets immunity, how does the prosecution know he will tell the truth? I doubt if Lee would roll over on his sister. He told her he would protect her and she was his second priority after Caylee. Since Caylee is dead, I don’t think Lee would have any trouble lying under oath to protect his baby sister. I think the prosecution should charge him with obstruction of justice and then as a part of the plea agreement he would agree to testify against Casey. If not, he gets a stiffer sentence.

mrrealist January 15, 2009, 10:01 PM

Lee Anthony is a dork that thought he was smarter than law enforcement, just like the rest of the Anthony clan. Cindy is a sick sick controlling woman, george is a puppet and casey is a self absorbed bit$h that cares about no one else.
I believe Lee was on the phone with the PI and they all knew about it.
I hope they are all prosecuted for their ongoing nonsense.

Jill from Western Australia January 16, 2009, 4:51 AM

Hello..I must be stupid..we all know that Casey was involved with the death of Caylee…we all know that George/Cindy/Lee are supporting Casey..am I the only one who doesn’t believe the snivelling rantings seen on today’s video???…CASEY you need to ask LE to visit..take a plea..spend the rest of your life in jail…sadly if you choose not to do this then you will be “shanked”…willing to put money in the commish for the rest of the life who took yours!!!

SquirrelFinders January 16, 2009, 7:22 AM

Casey is hiding more than murder, and Caylee could talk. Ask Lee.

maeby January 16, 2009, 9:02 AM

I agree with Sally. Lee wont say anything to incriminate his sister. Of course he’s going to lie. He’s just as worthless as the rest of the Anthony’s.

Surefooted_1 January 16, 2009, 10:32 AM

They shouldn’t give anyone immunity. The Anthony’s are guilty of aiding and abetting. Moreover, there’s already enough evidence to convict Casey. Although it’s very likely Lee tipped off the PI about the remains, they don’t need that to convict Casey. I can’t wait until the cell phone subpoena shows he wasn’t talking to some psychic but Lee.

007 January 16, 2009, 11:54 AM

I, for one, am leery of that psychic woman. I recall her initially saying that the place where Caylee could be find was by wild flowers. Hmmmmm, are there/were there any wild flowers in that area? While I’m not big on psychics, I’m respectful of those who are. If the media wanted to insert a psychic into this situation, I think they could have selected someone more reputable. And, why would a psychic need a cadaver dog? Seems quacky to me.

jill January 16, 2009, 1:03 PM

It is going to be pretty funny if the evmeter reader put evidence from the body indicates that someone other than Casey did this……even funnier if the meter reader did it since they reasigned the cop Kronk said was rude to him. What if meter reader put the body there but not untill after he had cops come to see nothing. Perhaps he is trying to make fools of the cops. If Henry Lee says the evidence proves the body was not there for more than a month?????????? He should not have been given the reward untill the case is concluded.

Tme January 16, 2009, 1:46 PM

HOW ABOUT THIS TRICK??? If Lee gets criminal immunity and testifies from the stand that he had anything to do with the crime (he was supposed to watch Caylee and didn’t; he was supposed to pick her up from Casey’s car and forgot…..blah blah)WELL GUESS WHAT??? His story puts doubt in the jury minds about Casey’s actions AND he can’t be prosecuted (Immunity) AND CASEY GOES FREE…..talk about a scheme from the CREEPY LYING ANTHONY’s—poor Caylee—poor sad lucky child to escape these people…..

Jess January 16, 2009, 1:51 PM

Does anyone know when this case is going trial? Or is that still up in the air?

Josie January 16, 2009, 2:38 PM

SquirrelFinders your post gave me the chills. Can you say anything else?

007 January 16, 2009, 2:49 PM

Josie, I didn’t understand Squirrelfinders post. What did he/she mean? Is the comment about Caylee’s paternity?

S Sykes January 16, 2009, 9:32 PM

Wake up, people!! Lee is Caylee’s father. He needs immunity against Charges of incest and aiding and abetting.