Lisa Bonet's Baby's Crazy Name Takes the Cake

If you thought Bronx Mogli Wentz, Hermes Gustaf Daniel Giersch or Pilot Inspektor Lee were odd celebrity baby names, wait until you see this one!

Lisa Bonet and Husband

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz named their son, Bronx Mogli. "Gossip Girl" actress Kelly Rutherford has a son named Hermes -- yes, after her favorite designer. And of course "My Name is Earl" star Jason Lee has a son named Pilot Inspektor. Momlogic even rounded up 2008's weirdest celeb baby names last month. But, "The Cosby Show" alum Lisa Bonet takes the cake. Huffington Post is reporting she just gave birth to her third child and named him Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. The father is Jason Momoa of "Stargate: Atlantis."

Bonet actually changed her name to Lilakoi Moon in 1995. Her two other children are 20-year-old Zoe, whose father is Lenny Kravitz, and 20-month-old Lola, whose father is also Mamoa.

Congrats! And good luck teaching him how to spell it.

next: School Asks Parents to Donate Toilet Paper
Hawaiian Mother January 8, 2009, 4:10 PM

To the person who wrote this “article”. You are a complete moron. This baby’s name is not WEIRD. It is simply not easy for you to pronounce apparently. Perhaps you are unaware that with the exception of the “Wolf” portion of his name, the remainder of his name is in the Hawaiian language. Since when does that make a child’s name “CRAZY”? If you were EDUCATED enough to know it was in Hawaiian and further knew what these names meant, you’d know that this is a very strong, meaningful name for a son. Get educated - it is 2009 for crying out loud.

Sherry January 8, 2009, 4:18 PM

I am so glad you spoke up and said something Hawaiian Mother! I was also thinking that this write-up was offensive. It’s not some random weird made-up name, I thought it was very obvious that it was a name that comes from an entire culture of people who could - and should - be offended by this.

There are plenty of celebrity baby names that truly are weird, but just because a culturally inspired name is unusual to someone doesn’t mean that it’s WEIRD.

Anonymous January 8, 2009, 4:33 PM

just because it’s hawaiian doesn’t mean it’s normal

Anonymous January 8, 2009, 4:34 PM

just because it’s hawaiian doesn’t mean it’s normal

Anonymous January 8, 2009, 4:38 PM

Lisa Bonet always was a little strange.

Tracy January 8, 2009, 6:14 PM

I’m disappointed people. Jason Momoa is Hawaiian and thus the Hawaiian name. Personally I find the article a little racist. If Kim Kardashian names her child something in Farsi will that be strange? It’s the United States people. Lots of languages. Lots of cultures.

Mom of Old January 9, 2009, 1:14 AM

It’s funny but people with money seem to pick the stransest names for their kids. And yes Hawaiian mom it is normal if they lived in Hawaii. My sister saved me from making the same mistake. They want their children to be memorable, but if they had any sense they would know that it’s not the name but who the child becomes. I have two great kids, and people always remember them, not because of their names but their personalities.

Anonymous January 9, 2009, 1:20 AM

sadly there are just to many stupid and ignorant people in the world. there is nothing crazy or strange about the babys name.a lot of children born in hawaii have long beautiful names like this. The person who wrote this article as well as the people who wrote the 2 previous anonymous comments need to get educated fast!

PamJ. January 9, 2009, 1:35 AM

Duh! Who cares? Her child, her choice. Isn’t there alot more important things in this world to worry about. Besides when the child grows up you can bet if they don’t like it they will adopt a nickname.

debra January 9, 2009, 2:11 AM

I have often wondered why celebrities claim to want to be left alone, but continue to do things to get attention.

Sarah January 9, 2009, 2:24 AM

Nah - the words MORON come to mind… this kid wont get beat up on the playground will he.

ecolied January 10, 2009, 1:21 PM

These names only seem weird to people named Bob, Tom or Sara. We have a President elect named barak.

PalagiChick January 11, 2009, 7:24 AM

Not only is the article uneducated, so are some of the comments. What, it’s okay to honour your culture so long as you stay home but if you come to America you need some stupid whacked out ‘Anglicized’ name like Katelyn? He’s Hawaiian, his surname is Momoa and you think it’s ‘weird’ that his kids have Hawaiian names even though dad lives and works in LA. Yeah, okay. Does that mean we can ship Paris Hilton to France and let them try to instill some class in her? How stupid and insular some Americans are. My cultures remain with me, living in the US, being born in the US, doesn’t erase that connection, especially for Native Hawaiians or Indians who didn’t want to be part of the US anyway.

ES from WI January 11, 2009, 5:00 PM

Ive always admired Lisa Bonet as an actress..Shes very down to earth. I believe she has a reason for the names shes choosen for her children. I think they are very unique and amazing…..Who said we all need to think inside the box?

Good luck and Congrats to the happy parents!!!

PA girl January 11, 2009, 5:27 PM

ENOUGH ALREADY!!! If parents want to name their children something different then let them! Yes it’s funny to hear people try to pronounce these name, but with a little practice they’ll get it. Beside 9 times out of 10 parents just shorten the name after a while. So RELAX!

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 3:50 AM

fine they named him somthing from their culture but if he attends an american school i hope he starts school with a nickname because kids can be very mean and they dont understand the meaning of a names they just know to make fun of a persons name cause kids are kids but it does hurt which will have him coming home everyday hating his name and asking his parents WHY they name him that.. it wont be until he gets older will he respect his parents choice on his name this is speaking from experence my name is Vajania pronunced Va-Jah- knee- Ah and i was always called the Vajay jay or vagina or any other varation and that sucked when i was a kid

Terumi Grace January 23, 2009, 4:04 AM

I know this post is kinda old but I felt that I needed to comment on it. I know that the name may seem weird to a lot of people but it really is a very beautiful name. I know that whenever I tell people that my name is Terumi in person they think it’s very pretty because they hear me pronouncing it, but when I spell it over the internet people always think its weird when really its a very popular name in the Japanese heritage(I an half Japanese).

angelins March 27, 2009, 11:18 AM

these r some fn crazy names but not the one i’m looking for.

Michiko April 1, 2009, 9:29 AM

hi! Hot picture alert! If Paris Hilton is your fave, then I have a website for you to see. Who wants it?

Maurice April 23, 2009, 12:23 AM

Hi all! My favorite is Jennifer Aniston and I will marry her someday. Whos your favorite celebrity and maybe I can get to the unofficial personal site or some nudie shots.