Michelle's Inauguration Day Outfit - Gorg!

First Lady Michelle Obama chose yet another Cuban American designer for her husband's swearing in ceremony.

michelle obama inauguration dress

She's been wearing Cuban American designer Narcisco Rodriguez for several Inaugural festivities, but this morning she stepped out in a shimmery yellow Isabel Toledo ensemble.

The brocade dress, 3/4 coat and matching sweater all in the same hue are tres chic, we must say! And the green gloves?? Fab!  And don't worry about Mrs. Obama getting cold -- we hear the entire ensemble was lined in warm pashmina, so she could walk the parade route without a coat. Genius!

Check out what Michelle Obama is wearing at the inaugural parties!

see more photos see more photos
Barack Obama Obama Family's Matching Style

next: Mom at Inauguration: In Awe...
maggie January 20, 2009, 12:45 PM

Sorry - but I think the first lady’s choice of attire was gawdy and totally inappropriate for the occasion.

jackie January 20, 2009, 1:28 PM

absolutely loved the yellow, so fashion forward yet still somewhat conservative. her daughters looked adorable too. I can’t wait to see what she’s wearing tonight!

lisa January 20, 2009, 1:58 PM

At first I thought it would be something more glamorous, but then I realised it was perfect. She looked more gorgeous than ever by the way, i was like wow look at her, can’t wait to see tonight’s dress, inaguration was so amazing

kmac813 January 20, 2009, 2:09 PM

Was something wrong with either
a. Your glasses
b. Your television
c. Your objectivity

I think she looks weird - what’s with the diamond thing around her neck?

lesle January 20, 2009, 3:34 PM

Despite the obvious love fest for the Obamas by this site That is one ugly outfit! Besides today is about her husband hopefully making a positive first impression as President not her ghetto fabulous outfit.

chrissie January 20, 2009, 3:44 PM

Didn’t like it.

lisa January 20, 2009, 3:47 PM

how could you not though? it was clean, classy, sparkly, risky and just beautiful. she didn’t do an ugly hair pouf like all the other women usually do. She kept it classy.

and her girls were to die for too.

Anonymous January 20, 2009, 3:49 PM

I liked her dress. However, I felt Jill Biden’s dress was too short and casual looking for the ocassion. She looked a bit uncomfortable.

jackie January 20, 2009, 4:17 PM

jill biden was wearing hooker boots

Anonymous January 20, 2009, 6:43 PM

Mrs. Obama’s outfit is gorgeous, simple,classic,elegant, ever heard of, “less is very much more.” She’s a pretty lady.
Libby

Liz January 20, 2009, 7:18 PM

She was very pretty today and if she wear that more power to her.

LaVonne January 20, 2009, 7:26 PM

Michelle looked fabulous today…very classy for the occasion. She looked every bit the part of a First Lady!!! Do your thang First Lady…more Power to You!!!!

tammy January 20, 2009, 7:32 PM

I did not like Michelle’s dress. I thought it was UGLY and not the dress of the First Lady. Obama on the other hand looked FABULOUS and his daughters are adorable! I think that the whole Biden family looked great.

Anonymous January 20, 2009, 7:37 PM

I wish Michele wore a nice grey wool coat with a red scarf. She look freezing. The dress was nice. But not for a winter day in Wasington DC when you husband is president.

Caprice January 20, 2009, 7:41 PM

Are you others so blind or what, First Lady looked more gorgeous today, well then again we are all entitled to our own opinions!!
she looked absolutelt fab!!!.

Anonymous January 20, 2009, 7:43 PM

She is very smart not to be to over fashion zealous with the state of mind our crippled country is induring.I think aretha’s hat goes off to her.

carolina January 20, 2009, 7:47 PM

I did not like the dress that Mrs. Obama wore. Was it lace?. It appeared to shine (the fabric), not appropiate for the hour of the day. In addition, I think the diamond “thing” she was wearing was not appropiate for the day. It was cold; the dress was not a dress for a winter day. In summary, a mistake. I like her and our President, but I am sorry, I do not always approve of her choice of chothes (example, the black and red dress!!!!). I hope she wears an appropiate gown tonight. Mr. President looked good. The girls looked beautiful in her dresses.

xgirl January 20, 2009, 7:50 PM

how could someone say it was gawdy & inappropriate? i thought this was supposed to be a festive occassion. i think if she wore something somber, black and matronly, it would have been worse. i think she looked very nice today!

Kay January 20, 2009, 7:54 PM

I thought the dress was very pretty & looked nice on her.

Angela January 20, 2009, 7:59 PM

I’m not one a person that goes gaga over a famous persons dress but I will say that this dress was totally appropriate for the occassion. I like this dress over the red and black dress she wore when the President Obama became president. I think it’s classy and the the color yellow is bright and warm color. Every one is also saying that she looked cold and it was not appropriate for the weather, come one ladies we all know that dresses can be made to be very warm for the winter