Mom Publicly Admits That She Never Loved Her Daughter

momhatesdaugher270.jpg

A mother told the Daily Mail that she never loved her 11-year-old daughter.

"I hate myself for the way I feel, but whatever it is that makes a mum want to hug and kiss her child, I have not felt it. Catherine has always felt like someone else's daughter," said Shelley Price, 33, of her oldest child.

Price said that Catherine felt "dirty" to her when she was born and that she didn't allow her daughter to call her "Mum" for years.

The mom does claim to love her two-year-old daughter, Poppy, who is the "love of her life."

Price reaches out to other mothers who might feel the same way. "I'm speaking out because I'm convinced I'm not alone," she said.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Pepper Spray Used to Break Up Snowball Fight at University
Emerald January 23, 2009, 4:07 PM

That is pathetic. No mother should ever be that selfish. Even if she didn’t truely love her daughter she should have showed some compassion towards her, even if it’s forced. Maybe she should keep her legs closed and not bring an innocent child into her pathetic life. People like that should be alone, forever.

Jenny January 23, 2009, 4:39 PM

If she doesn’t love her daughter than she should give her up to someone who would. That is just sick!!

anon January 23, 2009, 6:12 PM

I read this yesterday, I was even more sickened by the way she exploites her child. She put a picture of herself and her (poor) child in the article. I hope that CPS can take this child away or a family member will step in and give this child the loving, nurturing home she deserves.

Horrible= January 23, 2009, 7:54 PM

What a pathetic excuse as a mother. Like Jenny said she should give her up for adoption to someone that WILL love her. She should not keep having kids.

judy Christoffers January 23, 2009, 10:51 PM

when i was 12 yrs old, i read that book mommy dearest, it took only a week, i couldn’t believe how any mom can think , feel, it was amazing book. now that i am older this person now may have a illness, a mental one and needs help, if she is already getting it, then they should be taken away. at 12 to read that book in a week, its a big book, i hated reading but that is how intense the book is……..i hope she gets help that she needs or the kids get a great home.

sage January 24, 2009, 12:30 AM

can this woman be reported to authorities ?I have been following this story and am very upset by it. Poor child is being subjected to “emotional”abuse according to the law in the uk.This woman should be accountable for this horrific act of self vindication at her lovely daughters expense…i hate her.

Erica January 26, 2009, 7:40 PM

Some people will do ANYTING for publicity and this is the perfect example!! This is as bad, in my opinion, as people selling their kids for drugs!! That child should be taken away from her and she should go to jail for emotional abuse!!!
She is sick and I am sure she makes most mothers sick!!
Erica

ChiefTruthTeller January 28, 2009, 12:02 AM

White people are sicko’s!

Brittney May 23, 2009, 8:10 AM

For a parent not to love their own child is a scary thought, and the fact that it happened means it’s indeed possible. I just pray that when I have children, every single one of them will be the loves of my life.

Jessica May 6, 2010, 5:31 PM

Ive learnedfrom personal experience of how this situation feels( from the daughter’s point of view) i think she should give up her daughter, all you ever feel is a haunting lonliness and feeling o uselessness that follows you around. Get that daughter out before she has suicide thoughts!

Aron Topi March 16, 2011, 12:29 PM

This post seems to get a good ammount of visitors. How do you get traffic to it? It gives a nice individual spin on things. I guess having something useful or substantial to post about is the most important factor.