Octuplets Mom Has SIX Other Kids -- No Dad?

OMG ... CBS News has learned the mother who gave birth to the octuplets has SIX other children! And there's still no mention of Dad!

Newborn babies

Doctors say the octuplets born Monday outside Los Angeles are doing well.

But when they go home, it will be to a truly full house.

CBS News has learned the mother who gave birth to the octuplets has six other children.

An acquaintance who didn't want to be identified told Early Show national correspondent Hattie Kauffman the mom has four older boys and two girls.

"She is young," the acquaintance says, "fairly young. She has six children already. And in those six children, she has a set of twins."

While the hospital where the octuplets were born, Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center in Bellflower, Calif., some 17 miles southeast of L.A., hasn't confirmed that the mom used fertility drugs, there are no documented cases of naturally conceived octuplets, Kauffman points out.

Doctors say the babies are all breathing on their own. But all weigh less than four pounds and are expected to remain in the hospital for weeks.

The woman and her children live in a tiny house on a cul-de-sac with her parents. Yes, WITH HER PARENTS!

A man who came to the door of the family home confirmed to Kauffman that he's the grandfather of the octuplets, but refused to speak to her.

"From what you know about this family, and this household, do you think they'll be able to support 14 kids?" Kauffman asked the acquaintance.

"Well," she responded, "so far, they've been fine with the six they have. Fourteen, I don't know."

Kauffman says the neighborhood has homes with just two or three bedrooms.

"It will,"  Kauffman concluded, "be tight!"

OMG ... can you even imagine? And still no mention of a dad. Is the octuplet mom a single mother? We will bring you more details as this story develops.

next: Valentine's Dinner ... at White Castle
Sam February 1, 2009, 9:12 PM

This lady needs more kids like she needs a hole in the head. What in the world was she thinking? what’s even worst is what the hell were the Doctors thinking giving her fertility drugs when they had to know she already had six other kids all under the age of eight years. Stupid, stupid and stupid. The doctors should be held accountable!!!

Chrissy February 2, 2009, 6:56 PM

According to ABC News - tghe women is divocred, unemployed.
We already know that she was living with her parents with her six kids.
Now her mother is moving out and her father is going back to Iraq - a dangerous sitution.
It was been reported but not confirmed that her other six kids do not share the same father.
Even if she did want “just one more” that’s one more that she’s able to support on her own.It’s been rumored but not confirmed that she is going to college. How? She’s not working. Who’se paying the tutition? Bet it’s it’s the taxpayer. And if she is going to college, at 33 - what was she going prior to 33? Oh, wait, haivng a bunch of kids …
And exactly how was she going to be going to college when she was already planning on having another baby?

This women has made spectacular bad decisions - for whatever reasons.
And certainly hasn’t thought about her children first. Nor has she thought about her parents.
Sorry no one would want seven people invade their 2 bedroom home indefintely. They did so most likely because they didn’t want to see their six grandkids homeless or in foster homes.
So let’s talk about the fathers to her six kids. Where are they? Are they supporting their kids?
It seems if they wanted to be in their kids lives - now is a good time to seek custody.
They may be able to support their kids in a better manner and demonstrate better judgement than this mother.

notselfish February 2, 2009, 7:39 PM

Human beings are NOT supposed to have litters! This is a selfish and likely unbalanced woman who deserves the stress and heartache that 8 premature babies will bring. The doctor who implanted her should be thrown in jail IMO!!!!

Heather February 2, 2009, 9:41 PM

ALL of her children were conceived via artificial insemination (according to the news reports) and she used the same sperm donor.

Children are a blessing. I wish I could have more, 5 or 8 more. I only have 1 little girl and my eldest daughter died during delivery due to a doctor’s mistake. I wanted a big family. I have 8 brothers and sisters who I love dearly.

However, the one nice thing about being artificially inseminated is that you won’t have to fight an exspouse for custody. For that, she is a very lucky woman.

And how many men and women stay in marriages that are terrible for the sake of the children? How many women are stuck with awful husbands but stay to keep their children off welfare or social services? How many people are miserable & married and chose not to have any more because they are planning on leaving when the children are grown?

At least she does not have to worry about these things.

Those 8 babies are miracle babies. I would love to be able to have 8 babies all at the same time, just one labor. I experience two painful labors without any medications and only ended up with 1 baby girl that lived.

I was a teacher, so I know, groups of children the same age can be very fun to teach since they are all on the same level. Boy, their birthday parties should be fun - 8 babies & 6 siblings. My daughter is lonely because she does not have any siblings. I am so blessed to have 8 brothers and sisters.

Husbands, Wives, Spouses, Parents, & Friends don’t last. But many times, siblings relationships do.

Lisa  February 3, 2009, 7:29 AM

I the woman is completely off her rocker. However - she can and probably will keep popping out babies - and let the taxpayers keep paying and paying and paying for her immaturity and irresponsibility. If there every was a case for mandatory birth control for welfare mothers — this is definately it. I have not beef with people who want to have lots of children — but — IF YOU CAN’T FEED EM —- DON’T BREED EM!!!

Tami February 3, 2009, 8:38 PM

What kind of doctor gives fertility drugs to an unwed mother of 6?

Erika  February 5, 2009, 10:51 PM

It’s no one business how many children was conceive through Invetro. Apparently people like you are wishing it was you that are in the spot light. STOP it and mind your business people that critize are main that have issuses at home so get over it. I said it before this her life and not yours and again stop working if you think or believe that your taxes are going to help raise her children you miserable old hags. Leave her the heck alone and stop commenting on dumb stuff like this comment on the war or what Bush has done to put us in reccession but this here is bickering children stuff unless you are going to help raise her kids. Again mind your business and deal with you own issues at home.

Anonymous February 8, 2009, 8:47 AM

For those of you on here stating “this family obviously wants to be left alone” LISTEN UP! If that were the case she wouldn’t have done this little “stunt” for attention! If she had a “man” and he left causing her to “move in” with her parents that was her “clue” to keep her ankles together and stop having what I LOUDLY PROCLAIM TO BE “LITTERS OF PUPPIES”! We as the public AND as a society have a right to speak out about her since it’s mine/yours and our tax dollars that will be forever till death do us part be taking care of and paying for this STUPID WOMANS RIGHT TO SPIT OUT AS MANY KIDS AS SHE CAN! PLEASE someone wire her legs shut!

Anonymous February 12, 2009, 9:39 PM

have love people , babys are a gift from god. everything you have belong to god any way . i pray God blessed her.

kim MI February 14, 2009, 10:55 AM

I don’t see how she can take care of 14 kids by herself cause i have 4 now and one on the way and i need all the help i can get and i was a single mom when i had only three and it was hard. so if you ask me i think that you shouldn’t be able to have that many when your a single mom cause how are you going to take care of all them by your self and when you don’t work and wont everyone else to help you pay for them.. If you can’t take care of them on your own then don’t have that many cause it’s not far that eveyone else has to help you pay for your kids cause you can’t.And anyways she’s not hurting anyone but them little baby’s by doing this and that’s not right and maybe someone should step in and take them and give them a good home and a good life,someone who can take care of them and that has a job or the money to do so..

Anonymous February 17, 2009, 1:54 AM

I think the doctor should pay for all the medical bills because what he did was so irresponsible! The Mom isn’t going to be able to take care of all 8 babies! Not to mention she has 6 other kids! Maybe she should consider giving some of the 8 children up for adoption…?

- worried and concerned

bev February 17, 2009, 8:28 AM

What is truly sad is the fact that the taxpayers of California will have to support these children all 14 till they reach 18.

Jwhrouro June 27, 2009, 9:46 PM

asJYVI comment1 ,

cheapviagra2018 August 30, 2010, 11:26 AM
High School Science Fair Project Topics November 25, 2010, 1:21 AM

Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter.

Wedding Fan Program Template December 15, 2010, 2:08 AM

I guess what I’m trying to say is, I don’t think you can measure life in terms of years. I think longevity doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with happiness. I mean happiness comes from facing challenges and going out on a limb and taking risks. If you’re not willing to take a risk for something you really care about, you might as well be dead.

Rent A Truck Los Angeles January 6, 2011, 2:42 PM

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Suellen Supplee February 6, 2011, 8:00 AM

Very nice info and right to the point. I don’t know if this is actually the best place to ask but do you people have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thanks :)

Forum grossesse March 5, 2011, 11:47 AM

An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of analysis on this. And he in truth purchased me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If attainable, as you develop into experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with more details? It’s highly useful for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog put up!

Ahmad Clift March 29, 2011, 7:49 PM

I cling on to listening to the news broadcast lecture about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the most excellent site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i find some?