Posh's Handbag Costs HOW Much?

Hubby David Beckham reportedly gave his lady a bag that costs more than some of our homes ... we're not kidding.

posh_handbag_pm.jpg

The word recession apparently doesn't exist in the Beckham household. David reportedly gave his wife a $122,000 (or about a week's pay for Becks) diamond encrusted Birkin handbag (called the "Himalayan"), one of only three made in the world. Isn't she totally freaked out to be walking around with a bag that expensive? Does she have to have an extra bodyguard just to protect it?

Seriously, even if you had a ton of cash, would you ever spend this much on a handbag?

next: Four-Year-Olds on Facebook
Sheila January 15, 2009, 6:38 AM

I sure hope he remembered to donated at least that much to homeless children who don’t get ANYTHING for Christmas!

Moon January 15, 2009, 7:11 AM

LOL..Both David and Victoria have contribute a lot to charities..especially to unfortunate children. They have their OWN children foundation called David & Victoria Beckham’s Children Foundation and a lot of children around Britain especially have benefited from their money. The only reason that you and a lot of people didn’t know about this is because they were DISCREET while doing it. The news about this only spread out coz the benefited families decided that people should know about Beckhams’ generosity so they told the media about it. I’ve never heard any of their charity works came from the Beckhams but rather from the benefited children and families.

Anonymous January 15, 2009, 11:13 AM

My house costs more than that purse.

Anonymous January 15, 2009, 11:35 AM

Well If her and hubby do contribute to charities then hey if they’ve got the money why not good for her…. lucky woman she is to have a husband like that .Good for her.

Peggy January 15, 2009, 12:52 PM

I don’t care how much money you have,to be so frivalous as to spend that kind of money on a purse is disgraceful. People are loosing there homes and starving, but Victoria Beckham has a 122,000.00 purse.

Pam Murray January 15, 2009, 1:46 PM

It makes me puke to listen to the drivel some people put out on this site. If you are so concerned about the plight of the world expend YOUR EFFORT. What people choose to spend on themselves or to give away is a personal choice. It is despicable to hate people for what is theirs by right.

JOhanna January 15, 2009, 1:54 PM

I don’t think he had to pay for it, Berkin would pay her to model the bag. That’s the life they lead!

Bill Murray in Operation Dumbo Drop January 16, 2009, 11:37 AM

OMG! Rich people are buying expensive things! Since when! At least she was fully clothed, unlike those Urban Outfitters models!

Jill January 17, 2009, 5:00 AM

The Beckhams are in fact rather generous with their money. And David is a *very* good tipper.
I have a waitress friend who waited on him and a number of his friends one evening. He left her a $400 tip and she said he couldn’t have been nicer.

If he wants to buy his wife a ridiculously expensive handbag, well, he can afford it, can’t he?

Dionne January 23, 2009, 4:31 PM

I too agree with most of the remarks. Why hate people when they spend money that they worked hard for. It’s not her falut that someone states away is losing a house that they couldn’t afford in the first place or that they didn’t save up money for emeregenies. (But yeah she proably recieved the bag for free. So many people are going to want to buy a bag by that designer now).

Paulette January 28, 2009, 6:24 PM

while that price maybe a little extreme, if you want something and can aford it buy. You only go around once be happy an expensive purse I would buy if I like. The most expensive one I purchased is $300.00 but I did see a purse for $1500.00 In the airport of Michigan. It was just a wish

lisa April 10, 2009, 4:02 PM

the bag is by Hermes which makes the most expensive bags out there. All are hand crafted. Personally if i had the money I wouldnt spend 122,000 on a bag but hey, its their money.