The pony-hawk-sporting 'Idol' cast-off's album is called "Dancing To The Music In My Head." His book, which shares the same title, is being published by Pocket Books and is described as a memoir.
"Sanjaya takes readers back to where it all began," reads the book's official press release. "Sanjaya treats readers to a behind-the-scenes look at his unlikely rise to fame on one of the biggest shows on television." Among his revelations are:
- A step-by-step recount of his audition process and week-by-week analysis of his time on the show
- Pointers and inspiration from musical mentors Diana Ross and Jennifer Lopez
- The ponyhawk: did consecutive ponytails save him from elimination?
- "J," the anti-fan who went on a 16-day hunger strike to vote Sanjaya off
- Ashley Ferl, and why she couldn't stop crying during Sanjaya's performances.
Here are some samples of the album's sounds. Is it just us, or does "A Quintessential Lullaby" have some potential?
"A Guy Like Me"
"I Got It For You"
"A Quintessential Lullaby"
"Tell Me Who I am"
The album will be available on the Simon & Schuster website on January 20th, to coincide with the book's release. Will you buy it?