The Latest on the Travolta Tragedy

UPDATE: While an autopsy and funeral arrangements are planned, we're learning more about just what happened to 16-year-old Jett Travolta, the son of John and wife Kelly Preston.

john_travolta_son_dies_pm.jpg

TMZ reports Jett's death was caused by hitting his head on the bathtub, toilet seat, or both. Sources also say that police reports claiming Jett's fall may have gone undetected for hours are completely false and that the fatal injury occurred "very shortly" before Jett was found on the bathroom floor.

One thing not known is whether Jett, who has suffered from seizures in the past, hit his head as a result of a seizure or had a seizure after falling or slipping.

After Monday's autopsy, there will be a local viewing on Tuesday before flying the body will to Ocala, Fla. for burial.

next: Wintertime Wondermeals
Nancy January 3, 2009, 3:33 PM

My prayers are with the Travolta family. R.I.P. Jett

Kira January 3, 2009, 6:31 PM

This is so sad, Our prayers go out to the Travolta family!

Vita January 3, 2009, 8:16 PM

This is so tragic, My prayers go out to the entire Travolta family.

DEBBY January 3, 2009, 9:34 PM

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE TRAVOLTA FAMILY I AHVE AN 18 YEAR OLD AND CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE WHAT IT MIGHT BE LIKE.I ALSO HAVE A 25 YEAR OLD BUT OUR KIDS ARE OUR EVERYTHING.THIS IS WHAT KEEPS US GOING.

Diana Hill January 3, 2009, 10:27 PM

Dear Kelly and John,
I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your son … I know that getting thru grief is so very difficult to do.. I have been there..please try to focus on his life, his loves and do what you can to support others in this struggle he suffered from.. Consider being a spokes person to draw attention to this disease and hopefully find a cure for other children. You have to find a way to turn your loss into a postive flow of energy. Also helps release the pain.
My prayers are with you at this most difficult and painful time.
Diana

Lisa Chapman January 4, 2009, 5:15 PM

Dear Jihn, Kelly and Ella

I have a daughter who has started having seizures and I know how distressing they can be. I am afraid of losing her. I cannot imagine your pain and grief. I know aht its like to have a child with life threatening illnesses.

I am thinking of you and your extended family at this time. My God give you the strength you will need in the coming months.

God bless

Lisa

Josie January 4, 2009, 5:52 PM

Dear John, Kelly & Ella,
I can’t even imagine how deep your sorrow must be. Pray to God so He can give you the strength to aliviate the pain. May God bless you. My prayers go out to your whole family.

Katie Guindon January 4, 2009, 9:39 PM

The Family of Jett Travolta,
The world sees you as a famous family that has everything. Until now. We know that you hurt like we hurt and our sorrow and sympthy goes out out to you in thoughts and prayers. May god bless you during this time and always.
-Katie Guindon

Sylvia Arguijo January 4, 2009, 11:55 PM

To the Travolta Family:

May God Bless ya’ll. My prayers are with you always.
Sylvia >

Tracie Perrin January 5, 2009, 12:23 AM

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I have followed all of you since I myself was a child. I have always admired you all and your family dynamic. May God bless you all and may God keep Jett safe in his arms until you meet.

Tracie Australia

cris January 5, 2009, 4:44 AM

So sorry about your loss Travolta family. There are no words that can express how horrible and sad this is. God Bless you all.

Giovanna Tasch January 5, 2009, 8:20 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. May God give you the strength, calm, warmth, healing and love that you need, to surpass what your are all going through.

Bless you all always

Stephaney January 6, 2009, 6:06 PM

I recently lost my husband, my best friend, my everything. I’m 43 yrs. old and my children will be off to college in a year or so. We (my husband abd I ) planned our whole lives around our golden years and what we would do. I saw a sign recently that made things a little easier for me and I hope it helps you and your family:

Don’t be sad that it is over, just smile that it ever happened at all.

Mary Ellen January 6, 2009, 6:38 PM

To the Family of Jett Travolta,
Everything is so painful and raw at this time but remember Jett will always be with you through the wonderful memories you have of him. Those memories will keep him forever alive and right by you side. He looks like a great kid! My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Mary Ellen

Lisa January 7, 2009, 12:39 PM

My sincere prayers go out to the Travolta family. I was blessed with meeting them once long ago when Jett was a small boy during a trip to the Bahamas when the Travolta family chartered a yacht i was working on. They are a beautiful family and Jett was a precious angel taken too soon.. I am so sorry for their loss..
Lisa