Most Desirable Women ... According To Men

Think you understand what men think? Think again...

most desirable women

momlogic's Jenny: Yesterday, I stumbled upon askmen.com, a website I can only assume is geared towards, duh, men. Apparently, every year they compile a list of the Top 99 women from the year. Last year, Katherine Heigl was named the No.1 Most Desirable Woman. This year, men must have been as annoyed with the dead-Denny-Duquette-sex plot line as I was, because she came in at No. 81. Ouch.

Every year, voters from all over the world are asked to look beyond sex appeal and beauty to pick women who have the characteristics they value most in a potential companion, like "intelligence, humor, charisma and ambition." Based on those attributes, you'd think Tina Fey would come in at least in the top 10, right? Nope. Tina ranked No. 97 Most Desirable Woman of 2009. Apparently, men do like funny women. But "witty" sort of pales in comparison when put up next to Jessica Alba's slammin' post-baby bod ... she came in at No.15.

Go figure.

Some stats: Anne Hathaway was ranked #5, while the curvaceous and gorgeous Beyonce Knowles was ranked #50. (Apparently, men do not appreciate being told they've gotta put a ring on it.) I didn't even see the sexy Salma Hayak on the list and was also shocked to see Angelina Jolie rank #42. New mom Halle Berry came in at #13. Britney Spears, #90, finally made it back on the list after being off since 2005. (Apparently, men do not like crazy.) I was most disappointed to see my girl crush Kate Winslet coming in dead last at #99, when someone like Anna Paquin (seriously?!) ranked #71.

According to men, the top ten Most Desirable Women of 2009 are:
10. Kate Beckinsale (Totally hot mama!)
9. Kristen Bell (Ehh...)
8. Rihanna (Sure, why not...)
7. Scarlett Johansson (Hot.)
6. Alessandra Ambrosio (Pretty.)
5. Anne Hathaway (Uh, booooring.)
4. Keeley Hazell (32DD-26-32. Duh.)
3. Marisa Miller (Sexy.)
2. Megan Fox (Gorg.)

And the No. 1 Most Desirable Woman, according to men around the globe, is ...

EVA MENDES.

When I asked my husband what he thought of Eva Mendes as the Most Desirable Woman of 2009, he quickly said: "WHO?!"

Thus, it is official: I will never understand men.

see more photos see more photos see more photos
Celeb Mom Beach Bods Hollywood's A-CupPut Some Clothes On

next: Massive Peanut Butter Recall Widens
Carleen January 22, 2009, 9:13 PM

My husband has a big crush on Tina Fey. He is now googling Eva Mendes to see who she is.

Chef Keem January 22, 2009, 9:22 PM

And then I met someone completely different from my (then) “most desirable” image. We talked, fell in love, got married. Then she fell very ill, over the course of 18 months. I took care of her, and I’ve learned more about love in those 1 1/2 years than during the previous 57 years of my life. None of these listed women could possibly hold a candle to the most desirable woman in my book - my wife.

My point: Life is different from lists. We can’t “schedule” our hearts to align with our lusty minds. Love happens, and then we need to nurture it. Or lose it.

marsha January 22, 2009, 9:38 PM

EVA MENDES????? Rihanna and Megan Fox, yes. But EVA MENDES?? sigh….like you, I don’t think I will understand men either.

roy January 22, 2009, 11:54 PM

Where’s Gabrielle Union…she should be no.1. Eva Mendes is a good choice though

M January 23, 2009, 10:08 AM

What’s wrong with Eva Mendes? I can see why she appeals to men: sultry and tough.

Ben's Momma January 23, 2009, 10:22 AM

This really goes to show you that we will never understand men. Half of these women I didn’t even know, and really come on now, Eva Mendes, she’s hot and all but ‘The Most Desirable’ - not even close. And Keira Knightley - she’s a stick - how can that be disirable?

Kristen January 23, 2009, 12:09 PM

This was the best! Too funny! I will never understand men either. But I suppose that much the same as it is for women, a man’s taste is a personal preference.

Audrey February 3, 2009, 9:47 PM

I laugh at all of this and at the same time is saddens me. It’s so not important. Placing so much importance on these people in our culture has brought us down as a country.
At least Eva is a woman with a healthy figure and not some emaciated stick.

Vdmnbciu June 30, 2009, 3:57 PM

CIgKIX comment3 ,

Jackie November 12, 2009, 10:58 AM

Eva is hotttttt! Nice body, nice complextion , exotic she’s beautiful…… Men know what they want.