Travolta Family Speaks Out

An official statement made on Kelly Preston's website thanks those around the world for their support.

Jett Travolta and Kelly Preston

"We would like to extend our deepest and heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences.

Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us hope for a brighter future."

John Travolta and Kelly Preston's son Jett died Friday after hitting his head in the bathroom. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow, then the body will be flown to Florida for Tuesday funeral services.

next: What is Kawasaki Syndrome?
Mitra January 4, 2009, 5:38 PM

Im so sorry for the family,i know it very hard to lose a child ,but i am sure he is in a better place.God bless you Jett and rest in peace.

sandy January 4, 2009, 11:47 PM

I’m so sorry for the lost of your son. May you both find peace in this hard time. God bless you and God bless Jett, may he rest in peace…My heart goes out to your family…..

Ruben January 4, 2009, 11:56 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family

Irany January 5, 2009, 2:40 AM

Dear Kelly & John,
So Sorry, that you lost your beuaitul boy! my heart goes out to you and your family.
Jett is in our Lords arms.
God bless you.
Irany

Massoud January 5, 2009, 3:07 AM

Hi
I am so so sorry for your loss ,my heart goes out to you and your family ,
GOD bless you and your family
Massoud

Shauna January 5, 2009, 3:23 AM

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I hope all the best for you and your family. Keep smiling, God Bless.

dr_subahi January 5, 2009, 4:24 AM

well, I am so sorry for this tragedy.
Let me first introduce myself Iam Dr. M.M subahi Iam Muslim from KSA. I wanted to let u know that even if we have different religions, different languages and different cultures still tragedy is a tragedy. We people in KSA feel sorry for every sad things could be happened to any one in the world, eventhough, we are called terrorists and primitive people but still we are human we feel , we suffer as any one in this universe. Think of this situation John do not let this event break u down , make it a point of total change in ur life and the same goes to Kelly. May Allah ( GOD ) help u to get over this catastrophe.

manoballs January 5, 2009, 5:03 AM

Your family is fantastic Sorry for your loss.

Phoebe January 5, 2009, 5:31 AM

sorry for the lost of your son i have a friend that left on a bus yesterday to go to georgia because they found her 10 year old grand daughter dead the same morning you found your son her cause of death is unknown again i am very sorry for your loss and my friends too

ROSA January 5, 2009, 7:48 AM

sorry for your loss and I don’t know how hard it was to loose a son, but my prayer is with your family in many ways, it was sad to hear what happen.

Claudia January 5, 2009, 12:53 PM

Am so sorry for your loss I don’t know how to loss a child but it has to be very hard.My prayer to your family and a lot of hugs and kiss to y’all. Our hearts are with the family and God bless you all.

Love
The family Soto

Linda January 5, 2009, 5:50 PM

We are so sorry for the loss of your son.I cannot begin to know how deep your pain must go.It is so painful for a parent to go thru.I hope and pray in the near future that your family finds inner peace. God Bless you and your family always,we thank you both for all the great times that you have given your public fans.
Linda and family
texas

Anonymous January 5, 2009, 8:15 PM

From the depths of my heart I want to express my sincerest condolences and prayers to you and your families. Having almost lost a child who suffered a traumatic brain injury (he did survive after a year in several hospitals and will never be the same- I am now his sole caregiver) I can only begin to understand the ordeal you are living and I am holding all of you close in my heart and in my prayers.
With love and prayers,
Joann -
Mahwah, New Jersey

Jeanne January 6, 2009, 10:16 AM

My our loving God hold you all in his arms and comfort you. May you know Jett is in a wonderful place and he will be waiting to see you again! God prepares us a place before we ever leave this earth. He is there now, with a promise of no more tears, hunger, night, rivers of gold! The lose of a child is one that leaves us aching in our soles, I have lost a child myself,I understand, fill the hole with wonderful memories and thoughts that will make your heart run over with joy and love. Laugh at good times through your tears, it will be healing for you! He’s not gone, he is in your hearts forever. Give yourselves time to grieve, love Ella, and each other and share again good times. I know you are loving and giving parents, God shine his light on you. I am praying for you all. My Love, Jeanne

Linda January 6, 2009, 8:47 PM

I am so sorry for your loss of your Precious Jett. My son died at the age of 25 in 2001 and I know the Pain. It has been the hardest thing in the world for me to deal with. I am still here though and you will be too.
God Bless you and your family and I pray he helps you every day get through this.

Linda, Mom of Raymond

realhope January 8, 2009, 6:04 PM

I would like to give my condolences to the Traviolas,What a loss.
We never know when we may lose a love one in this life,
thats why we need to enjoy each day ,Which you can enjoy now Because both of your children knew you loved them and they both looked very happy ,
He is with God,And no tears or pain are there.

Kerri January 9, 2009, 2:12 AM

I have always admired you John and am so sad to read about the passing of Jett. I wish you and Kelly and Ella Blue my heartfelt condolences. You are a very special family.
Kerri

Barbara January 9, 2009, 1:40 PM

There are no words to express the loss of a child to a parent.John,Kelly and Ella you are in our hearts.

Barbara

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 3:52 PM

Interesting post! Nice reading. I’ve just got a single opinion to submit about funny shirts.