When the Holidays Kick Your A**

If you're a mom who needs a little new year motivation, we know EXACTLY how you're feeling.

xmas_keeled.jpg

When life shifted from vacation mode back to reality mode, we were bummed at how little we accomplished during our "time off." The daily workouts we intended to do, the little projects around the house we planned to tackle. How did two weeks go by and none of it was done?

Before you pull the covers over your head and give up, take this weekend to make a new start. We turned to power mom Janice Bryant Howroyd, founder and CEO of the Act•1 Group, and a work/life balance expert for a little advice on getting moms motivated. "It's important for moms to remember -- women who do big things in big ways still have to deal with small problems. We all have them."

Here are some tips from Janice that you can put into play this weekend:

FORGIVE YOURSELF: It didn't happen, we need to accept it and move on.

TAKE STOCK: Evaluate what needs to happen first. If you make a list and find that you're making everything number one, then alphabetize those things.

DIG IN: Planning is not acting -- pick something and do it.

GET HELP: Don't be afraid to engage other people. Women feel like they need to be SHEroes. Sometimes you need to let somebody else do it. It may not be done as well as you would do it, but it'll get done and you can cross it off your list.

MOVE AHEAD: Women who are heads of large organizations seem to have it all together -- "seem" being the operative word. One thing they're able to do is forgive themselves for the past and plan for the future. It's an ongoing process for women -- we're always learning to forgive ourselves for things not done.

Janice adds, "Remember, when people look back on their lives and feel regret, it's mostly for the things that they didn't do for themselves. Each mom needs to remember that being in good spirits herself is vital to the family."

Does your weekend include pulling down all of those holiday decorations? When positive thoughts and motivation aren't enough to make it happen... Here are some tips for packing away the festive decor and it even includes having a party. We just love when organizing solutions involve having a party, don't you?

next: What You Need to Know About the HPV Vaccine
video projector March 22, 2011, 7:31 AM

A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a little bit evaluation on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If potential, as you develop into experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with more particulars? It’s highly helpful for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog submit!

debt assistance March 22, 2011, 8:53 AM

Great luck with your websites, and i loved reading this one.

nintendo 3ds forums March 22, 2011, 10:11 AM

See, its great to finally see somebody applying some sensible logic to this. Thanks.

Salome Malkin March 22, 2011, 3:10 PM

Many thanks just for the information in the article not to mention in other folks opinions.

commission crusher review March 22, 2011, 4:57 PM

Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

Jobs Finder March 22, 2011, 9:16 PM

I will use your advice from now on. Jaap

atlanta painters March 22, 2011, 9:18 PM

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from being stolen? I’d really appreciate it.

ocala palms March 22, 2011, 9:35 PM

Usually I do not learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very great article.

Preston Banas March 22, 2011, 9:48 PM

I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thanks again

Beats Solo HD Red March 23, 2011, 5:09 AM

Wow, that looks so gifted!Peradventure you from changed your treatise not too covet ago? Mainly because I could include sworn it was not the unchanging the antecedent time I was here…unless I am intelligent of a several web site.

cheap wedding dress March 23, 2011, 6:07 AM

Hello! I saved it to my PC^^ Sweet post.

snow boot shop March 23, 2011, 1:39 PM

Thanks for putting it. I am certainly going to search for a copy.

dead space 2 cheats March 23, 2011, 4:03 PM

Thank you for sharing. I’m pretty excited about this so hope you’re not wrong.

evo March 23, 2011, 5:50 PM

This is really nice idea dude.iam really proud of you . Do u have twitter?? i want to follow you .thx

assistance debt March 23, 2011, 8:06 PM

Hello! I have read some of your post here and found it interesting and it makes a lot of sense. Plus i love your theme here. Thumbs up! Keep on sharing!

Jobs Finder March 23, 2011, 8:09 PM

Strange this post is totaly unrelated to what I was searching google for, but it was listed on the first page. I guess your doing something right if Google likes you enough to put you on the first page of a non related search. :)

review March 24, 2011, 12:29 AM

thanks for this awesome post

credit March 24, 2011, 12:44 AM

I thought your post was cool and will visit often.

Russell Armstrong March 24, 2011, 12:57 AM

Oh yeah whats the latest on Middle East notable news what do you really wonder … Rgds Russell Armstrong

fitness March 24, 2011, 1:15 AM

wow this appears really great do you thoughts if i share this?