When the Holidays Kick Your A**

If you're a mom who needs a little new year motivation, we know EXACTLY how you're feeling.

xmas_keeled.jpg

When life shifted from vacation mode back to reality mode, we were bummed at how little we accomplished during our "time off." The daily workouts we intended to do, the little projects around the house we planned to tackle. How did two weeks go by and none of it was done?

Before you pull the covers over your head and give up, take this weekend to make a new start. We turned to power mom Janice Bryant Howroyd, founder and CEO of the Act•1 Group, and a work/life balance expert for a little advice on getting moms motivated. "It's important for moms to remember -- women who do big things in big ways still have to deal with small problems. We all have them."

Here are some tips from Janice that you can put into play this weekend:

FORGIVE YOURSELF: It didn't happen, we need to accept it and move on.

TAKE STOCK: Evaluate what needs to happen first. If you make a list and find that you're making everything number one, then alphabetize those things.

DIG IN: Planning is not acting -- pick something and do it.

GET HELP: Don't be afraid to engage other people. Women feel like they need to be SHEroes. Sometimes you need to let somebody else do it. It may not be done as well as you would do it, but it'll get done and you can cross it off your list.

MOVE AHEAD: Women who are heads of large organizations seem to have it all together -- "seem" being the operative word. One thing they're able to do is forgive themselves for the past and plan for the future. It's an ongoing process for women -- we're always learning to forgive ourselves for things not done.

Janice adds, "Remember, when people look back on their lives and feel regret, it's mostly for the things that they didn't do for themselves. Each mom needs to remember that being in good spirits herself is vital to the family."

Does your weekend include pulling down all of those holiday decorations? When positive thoughts and motivation aren't enough to make it happen... Here are some tips for packing away the festive decor and it even includes having a party. We just love when organizing solutions involve having a party, don't you?

next: What You Need to Know About the HPV Vaccine
tattoo equipment lucky7 March 27, 2011, 1:56 PM

I’d like to write like this too

tattoo kits March 27, 2011, 3:20 PM

I’d like to write like this too

p90x exercise program  March 28, 2011, 4:13 AM

I have a comment here although not about this submit, it really is about the web site design. I believe you should adjust on occasion to create it intersting to individuals.

tattoo kits March 28, 2011, 7:45 AM

Thanks for sharing it. I’m for sure going to look for a copy.

Final Phase Fat Loss March 28, 2011, 11:32 AM

magnificent points altogether, you just received a new reader. What could you suggest about your post that you just made a few days ago? Any sure?

vimax March 28, 2011, 7:13 PM

What youre saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here. They fit so well with what youre trying to say. Im sure youll reach so many people with what youve got to say.

Russell Armstrong CFP March 29, 2011, 4:26 AM

Your photos truly are a beautiful reminder of the warm days to come

online estate agent scotland March 29, 2011, 7:37 AM

I’ll right away seize your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me recognize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

internet affiliate marketing March 29, 2011, 11:28 AM

Throughout this great pattern of things you’ll get an A with regard to effort. Exactly where you lost me personally was first in the particulars. As they say, details make or break the argument.. And it could not be more true in this article. Having said that, let me tell you just what exactly did do the job. The authoring can be pretty powerful and this is possibly why I am taking an effort in order to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, whilst I can certainly notice the jumps in reasoning you come up with, I am not necessarily confident of just how you appear to unite your ideas that produce the actual final result. For now I will subscribe to your issue however hope in the near future you link your facts much better.

used audi Princeton NJ March 29, 2011, 12:30 PM

Adoring the website plus design and style, are you able to let me know if this is a personalized style or just a common style that could be downloaded?

Contractor News March 31, 2011, 12:15 AM

Hi there, just changed into alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it is really informative. I’m gonna be careful for brussels. I will be grateful in case you proceed this in future. A lot of other people might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

best video games March 31, 2011, 2:27 AM

Hey! May I add this post to my forum? It’s really useful post, I would like to share it with others^^

PB-H1215D March 31, 2011, 7:13 AM

Mate. This website is cool! How did you make it look like this !

ali March 31, 2011, 8:54 PM

bye bye

hasan April 1, 2011, 7:14 AM

thaks

ask büyüsü April 1, 2011, 9:00 AM

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing…

Elvera Glasser April 2, 2011, 1:06 AM

F*ckin’ tremendous issues here. I am very happy to look your post. Thank you a lot and i’m looking forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

Dusty Dannis April 2, 2011, 7:57 AM

I am not so rapier-like to be efficient to post noteworthy stuff like you do but I am trying to pay it back so hoepfully this will cause you a smile of recognition or make you burst into laughter or at the very least give you a thought for the day? : I’ve had fun before. This isn’t it.

retail price April 2, 2011, 4:44 PM

Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

Endo board April 2, 2011, 6:55 PM

quite helpful material, in general I imagine this is worthy of a bookmark, many thanks