You Won't Believe This Text Addict Teen!

OMG! One California teen sent 14,528 text messages in one month. "I was bored!" she said.

Reina and her dad

Think your teen is text crazy? Then you should talk to California dad Greg Hardesty, whose 13-year-old daughter sent an astonishing 14,528 text messages in one month.

WTF?

"First, I laughed. I thought, 'That's insane, that's impossible,' " Hardesty, 45, said. "And I immediately whipped out the calculator to see if it was humanly possible."

Upon studying AT&T's 440-page bill, Hardesty broke down his daughter's text habit to 484 text messages a day -- that's one every two minutes of every waking hour.

"Then I thought maybe AT&T made some mistake on the bill," said Hardesty.

When reporters asked Reina for her take on the matter (the interview was conducted via text message, natch), she had this to say: "Well, a lot of my friends have unlimited texting. I just text them pretty much all the time."

For example, when Reina threw a karaoke birthday party, she was texting her best friend -- who was sitting right next to her.

What's more, she even texted her friends to brag about how many messages she sent when her parents got the bill.

When asked why she sent so many messages, Reina said: "It was winter break and I was bored."

Reina's phone plan includes unlimited texting for $30 a month. Otherwise, Hardesty says he would have owed AT&T $2,905.60.

Reina's punishment? Hardesty has placed limitations on Reina's cell phone use, saying she cannot text after dinner.

Tell us -- is Hardesty's punishment too lenient? Comment in the momlogic community.

next: Hey J Lo, Being a Mom Doesn't Make You Better!
Anon January 12, 2009, 6:07 PM

In most cases yes. My gosh, she’s texting someone sitting right next to her - that’s just down right nuts! My child would loose the phone. Yet he does have unlimited texting for $30, so…it’s his child.

Susan R. January 12, 2009, 6:24 PM

Someone please find the humor in this because I’m shocked. The teen in question is laughing like this is funny and what’s worse the father seems to be laughing too. If I received a 445 page phone bill I wouldn’t be laughing much less smiling.
Her punishment is that she is not allowed to text after dinner? Are you kidding me? My kid would be brought back to the dark ages really fast if that happened in our house. Unlimited texting isn’t the point.
I’m not against cell phones and for the most part find them usefull. However, having said that, I think we’ve created a society of people that have lost the ability to communicate verbally, cell phone or not. They can text for hours, but the minute they are face to face they have nothing to say. Give me a break!

Nicey January 12, 2009, 6:48 PM

That’s nothing compared to my little sisters bill that we received today actually and it was over 19000 text messages. I don’t find this funny i think its a bit disturbing. I did the math and she has to be sending at least 600 a day. Who does she really have to text 600 messages a day too? Not to mention my sister isn’t doing that great in school. I think this a serious issue and I’m hoping my mom does something more effective than taking her phone away after dinner. I’m all for just having the thing shut off.

Jim P. January 12, 2009, 6:58 PM

OMG I have several teenager, all with cell phones of course. I agree with Susan R. My kid’s also have unlimited texting in order to avoid the “month end surprise” but their ability to communicate verbally is challenged. Howevere, as a teen from the 70’s ….pre call waiting and cell phones etc. I can remember countless fights with my parents to get off the phone in case someone needed to call for an emergency. I do not have a solution…..It seems like it will never end

Wendi January 12, 2009, 7:01 PM

I think this is just insane!! I have an 11yr old and a 13yr old and they have phones that are only pay per use type. I spend $10 every 3 months for them to have 30 minutes. The ONLY reason they have a cell is if I need to get ahold of them or in case of emergency. I think that they do not NEED to talk to kids all the time. We do have a home phone if they want to call their friends, but honestly they do not have any interest in it. I make it a point to keep my kids busy and stay on top of their grades. They are in sports and have school, that is enough to keep them going. If a kid has that much time on their hands, then the parent needs to be more involved and MAKING them do other things besides sitting aroung texting.

Sherry January 13, 2009, 2:27 AM

I honestly don’t see why she’s being punished. I mean, why get her texting if she can’t use it at certain times? She already had unlimited so it’s not like she caused him to pay any extra money.

Mugxrlfw July 1, 2009, 1:01 AM

PEsl35 comment6 ,

Disgruntled Teen March 4, 2010, 10:10 AM

I am a text addict teen. Last month I had 22,000 texts sent betweeen the 27th of Jan and the 27th of Feb. I’m 19 years old and have a life. Feel free to attack me about this because I kno all of you overprotective mothers will. I text all hours of the day, I go to school, work fulltime, and sleep maybe 3 hours a nite. It is MY life and I use it how I want. This girl is 13 so it may be a bit out there for her to have that much freedom but I kno what I’m doing and I sure as damn well will do what I want, and my mother is trying to tell me I can’t.

anon July 18, 2010, 10:47 AM

what the ——!? do people even text while they’re using the bathroom? (“hey. wats up. im peein rt now” *send* )
its like people are living inside their cellphones and not in the real world.
people think cellphones improve interpersonal communication, but in reality communication is degrading…no one wants to talk anymore, text writing isn’t any good, now people are texting people sitting right next to them, and also sexting.
people even text while driving their car and they don’t even care how dangerous it is. (only thing that might make them listen is to tell them they can’t text if they’re dead from an accident). good grief!

(fyi:I am a teen, not an overprotective mother)

cyclory November 4, 2010, 8:12 PM

Great to get here, one of the best looking forms I’ve seen in terms of design.Hope I can get to meet a lot of you, read a lot of good knowledge and donating my own share.

I am unclear whether this is allows but I am seeking to http://newmoviereleasesdvd.info/ - watch free movies online, thus I am living a link in my signature that has tons usefull tips relevant to that issue.

Edivabitovoro November 13, 2010, 7:15 AM

flipping real estate can be very profitable. short sales in san diego

stevofromjack November 18, 2010, 5:17 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to share a xrumer forum that has FREE databases, tutorials, help, and a lot more!

Join this community and help out each other in succeeding at black hat seo.

Link databases such as the one we used to post on this forum will be available too :)

Thanks!

inscrierii in directoare manual November 25, 2010, 9:07 AM

I was wondering what is up with that weird gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I’m not looking my best at that hour, but I hope I don’t look like this! I might however make that face if I’m asked to do 100 pushups. lol

Kitchen Lighting Plans November 30, 2010, 5:43 PM

edqfiby - Thank you, cyociyh.

Constance Agramonte November 30, 2010, 7:55 PM

I have been posting here for long, I did find this post really worth of publishing to another forums and share with other friends, well I do it on your permission, coz I think this will help several other webmasters as well. If you will like this to shared on other forums as well, I will really like to help. I will post it with your name to make your work really help full for you as well! Keep up the good work, post more topics like this and I know the forum will really be proud of their best resources.

Immatadug January 3, 2011, 2:45 AM

Buy at some of these hugely inexpensive (Literally a little fraction of the amount)!!!!!
Email message me at buybreastactives @ gmail.com, so I can tell you how much. Please feel free to query for any products that are not on this catalog.
(These arent every thing… there are about 25,000 total titles availalble.)

Sexual Chocolate - Direct Game - MP3]
TDD - TroyDizonDating.com - Student Success Stories
T. Harv Eker - Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind 1MB]
Master the Vibe - The Very First Episode >CD - MP3]
Napoleon Hill - Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
The Predatory Female - A Field Guide To Dating And The Marriage-Divorce Industry (pdf)
Robert Ringer - To Be or Not to Be Intimidated?: That is the Question.
Tzu Sun - The Art Of War
Carlos Xuma - Alpha Lifestyles > DVDs - MP4]
Ross Jeffries & Vince Kelvin - Dallas Lair DVDs Feb 2007 rip - 3 AVI]
Major Mark - The New Curriculum - AVI, Audio - MP3]
Chuck Palahniuk - Fight Club: A Novel
Emmet Fox - Living Heaven on Earth inner game] > audio - wma]
POSE Method of Running
2007 - Global PUA Summit (8DVDs - divx)
David Lieberman - How To Get Anyone To Do Anything > MP3s]
Ian Kerner - He Comes Next: The Thinking Woman’s Guide to Pleasuring a Man - PDF]
Tyler Durden - 05-2005 NYC Lair Presentation (Enhanced) > MP3]
Real Social Dynamics - RSD Mastermind 17 >CD - MP3]
Hon Wong and Gordon Fang-Wong - Zap - AVI]
Real Social Dynamics - Tim’s Flawless Natural DVD1 - AVI]
Glenn P. - Are You Having A Text War? - MP3]
Tariq Nasheed - The Art of Mackin - PDF]
Psychology - Social Reality (TV Rip) - MPG]
Steve Banachek - Psychological Subtleties - PDF]
Eckhart Tolle - The Journey Into Yourself - MP3]
Eckhart Tolle - The Power of Now - PDF]
Wallace D. Wattles - The Science of Getting Rich (for Practical Geniuses) — Multimedia Study Course
Systema - Vladimir Vasiliev - Improvised Weapons (3 Volumes)
Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen - The Aladdin Factor - MP3]
Stanislav Grof - The Transpersonal Vision (Audiobook) - MP3]
Swinggcat - Real World Seduction 2.0
Marks - English Pronunciation in Use > PDF - CD-ROM]
Igor Ledochowski: Hypnosis Masters
David DeAngelo - Interviews With Dating Gurus - Sean Newman (Pickup 101) bitrate mono mp3]
The Science of Personal Achievement By Napoleon Hill
Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom > MP3s]
Real Social Dynamics - Superconference Series - Foundations - Slides > PDF]
Ross Enamait - Ultimate Training For The Ultimate Warrior - PDF]
Ellusionist - Ninja > AVI]
Lovedrop - Revelation (Leaked Chapters) - PDF]
Paul Scheele - Euphoria! > CDs - MP3]
My Brilliant Brain
J. D. Fuentes - Sexual Key II: Outward Spike - XVID, AVI]
Scott McKay (X&Y Communications) - Interview with Kia ‘The Hot Chick’
Seduce & Destroy > PDF]
Sean Messenger - Get the First Kiss and More (complimentary for the podcast) > doc]
Jay Julio - Cool Guy With Women (7 eBooks - pdf)
Ratisse - Text game podcast > wma]
Chris Mulzer - Business Practitioner (German) >6 CDs - MP3]
Matt Furey - 101 Ways to Magnetize Money Cards - DOC]
David Wygant - Phone Sex
Name (Rating)
Richard La Ruina (Gambler) - Stealth Attraction > DVDs - AVI]
Joseph Matthews/Thundercat - ELIMINATING REJECTION - January 2008 Interview Series
The Secret : Attraction Accelerator
Mystery - Mind of Mystery >1 DVDs - AVI]
George Ritzer - Encyclopedia of Social Theory Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 > eBooks - PDF]
Lovers.And.Sex.Guide.The.Essential.Lovers.Guide
Mehow - Get The Girl! Infield Insider! (2008, March: featuring David Wygant) - AVI]
Mehow - Get The Girl! Infield Exposed! (2007) > DVDs - AVI- 4.37GB]
Mike Brescia - Think Right Now - Conquering Social Anxiety
Keys to the VIP - Episode 12 Rip - 1 AVI]
Trafficology - Increase Web Traffic (Recommended by Eban Pagan)
Bad A** Alpha Male Natural Game Pick Up Artistry - AVI]
Venusian Arts - Zen of Cool > DVDs - MP4 + MP3]
Conquer Your Campus Masters Interviews: Christian Hudson Interviews Francis Adams - MP3]
David DeAngelo - interview with David Wygant ]
Dream - The Dream Way > ebooks] - PDF
Salsa Fuerte - Salsa Figues & Songs >1 Videos MPG, 12 Songs MP3]
Mystery - Video Archive Encyclopedia > DVDs - AVI]
Encyclopedia of Prostitution and Sex Work
Ross Jeffries - ALL speed seduction patterns
Mark Stevens - Rich is a Religion: Breaking the Timeless Code to Wealth - PDF]
How to Make Love All Night (and Drive a Woman )
Patrick Redford - Prevaricator ( 1 DVD - DivX )
Hale Dwoskin - The Sedona Method: Effortless Creation >3 CDs - MP3]
John Cleese - Wine for the Confused >004] rip - 1 avi]
Brad P. Presents: Glenn - Better Hair - MP3]
David DeAngelo - Interviews with Dating Gurus - Tim Ferriss >3 MP3]
Hemi-Sync - Metamusic - Voyage To The Other Side > CD - MP3]
Get The Attitude - Get The Women
Scientific American Mind - Special Collection on Sex (July 2009)
Hypnotic Techniques for Dating Success.pdf
Lance Mason and Zan - Deep Rapport - MP4]
A. Hurwitz - Learn to dance Bachata - Vol.2{AVI]
Byron Katie - The Work on Relationships > CDs - MP3]
Any Woman Anywhere
Joe Vitale - Beyond Manifestation > MP3 + 7 PDF]
Female Masturbation Series: Every Woman’s Orgasm is Unique, Clitoris: The Key to a Woman’s Pleasure & Pleasures of a Woman in Orgasm > AVI]
Kyusho Sex Poins For Sex Enhancement > DVD Rip - Avi]
Jack Hanley - Let’s Make Mary - Pickup Instruction Guide From 1937 - Amazing!

incaltaminte January 7, 2011, 4:32 PM

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

aiPKgg January 30, 2011, 7:09 PM

hLGQppaA

Charisse Summerhill January 31, 2011, 4:59 PM

There are some fascinating deadlines on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them heart to heart. There may be some validity but I’ll take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as effectively

digital products review February 11, 2011, 5:36 PM