Baby-Faced Boy Becomes a Father at 13

As if the craziness of the octuplets wasn't bad enough, now comes news that a 13-year-old boy has become a father. What is this world coming to?!?

Alfie Patten, Chantelle and baby

Baby-faced Alfie Patten may be 13 years old, but he looks like he's 8 -- and just a few days ago, he became a first-time father. His much larger 15-year-old girlfriend, Chantelle Steadman, just gave birth to their 7 lb. 3 oz. bouncing baby girl, Maisie Roxanne, reports the UK's Sun newspaper.

Alfie and Chantelle had a one-time sexual encounter when Alfie was 12. What was Alfie's reaction when he found out Chantelle was pregnant? "I thought it would be good to have a baby," said Alfie in a prepubescent voice that has yet to break.

Neither Alfie nor his "girlfriend" seem to have the remotest clue about how having a child at such a young age might affect the rest of their lives. And Alfie, who doesn't even get an allowance yet, admits that he doesn't even know how much diapers cost, but says, "I think it's a lot."

Alfie, who is just 4 feet tall, revealed how scared he was to tell his mother about his impending fatherhood. "When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble," he recalls. "We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react. I didn't know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it."

Alfie's father Dennis admits he doesn't think that his son really understands the enormity of his situation -- but says Alfie seems desperate to be a devoted and responsible father. Dennis says that Alfie wanted to be the first to hold Maisie after the hospital birth. He tenderly kisses the baby and gives her a bottle. "He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation," Dennis says. "But he has been at the hospital every day."

13 year old father

Maisie was conceived after Chantelle and Alfie -- just 12 at the time -- had a single night of unprotected sex. They found out about the baby when Chantelle was 12 weeks pregnant. The young couple kept it a secret until six weeks later when Chantelle's mother Penny, 38, became suspicious about Chantelle's weight gain and confronted her.

"We didn't think we would need help from our parents," says Chantelle. "You don't really think about that when you find out you are pregnant. You just think your parents will kill you."

But Penny figured out what was going on after buying Chantelle a T-shirt that revealed her swelling tum.

Chantelle admits she and Alfie -- who are both being supported by their parents -- will probably be accused of being grossly irresponsible. "We know we made a mistake, but I wouldn't change it now," she says. "We will be good loving parents.

"I have started a church course and I am going to work helping other young mums," Chantelle says. Even though they're only teens dating, Chantelle says, "I'll be a great mother and Alfie will be a great dad."

What do you think about this unbelievable story?

next: Game: Cupid Needs Your Help
Pavi February 26, 2009, 11:04 PM

oh ,god ,wt is this…..:(

Jazmin February 27, 2009, 11:45 AM

OMG! WHAT iS WRONG WiTH PEOPLE NOWADAYS? i KNOW TEENAGE PREGANCY HAPPENS i MEAN iTS iNEViTABLE BUT THE FACT THAT THE GiRL KNEW HE WAS FiRST OF ALL TOO YOUNG SECOND OF ALL HE LOKS LiKE HER LiTTLE BROTHER iS SO DiSGUSTING TO ME..iM 15 AND EVEN iF i DECiDED TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX iT SURELY WOULDNT BE WiTH A LiTTLE BOY!

iTS BENJAMiN BUTTON iN REVERSE WiTH HiM!!

Debbie March 3, 2009, 5:26 PM

I think this has to be a scam. He doesn’t even look like he is capable of fathering a child…he hasn’t even developed. I think it will come out as a fake, or there wll be some spin to it. If it is true, these parents are totally irresponsible and I pray for the child. I knew what my son was doing at that age!

Loki March 10, 2009, 12:16 AM

i know its kinda weird but i have a fantasy when i was 10 that i want to have sex with a girl and have a baby with her, of course i know that having a baby at my age is impossible because i know that i have not reach puberty yet… i still fantasize about it when i am between the age of 12 and 13…i know the fact that i can have a baby at that time but i decided not to have one yet… becoming a father at his age needs all the love and support he can get… i started to have sex at a young age… i don’t regret it but i am not proud of it either…

Loki March 10, 2009, 12:18 AM

sergio March 19, 2009, 12:37 PM

i cant belive what i read i mean so young but i gues it is sord of all right i mean there gonna have parents by their sides and they said they were gonna take care of the baby so as long as they are a happy family it is sord of ok

STANLEY LOWE March 23, 2009, 2:57 AM

I KNEW A BOY IN KINDERGARDEN WHO HAD TO HELD WITH A BABY SISTER TO CHANGE DYPERS. I BELIEVE THE FATHER WAS DEAD OR GONE AND THE BOY HAD TO DO THE SHOPING AND RUN OTHER ERONS. THE BOY DROWN IN A LAKE AND THE MOTHER WENT MAD AND DIED LOCKED UP. ANOTHER STORY I RAN INTO INVOLVING A BOY with 2 TWIN BABY SISTERS BUT HE DIDN’T DIE. MANY DETALS TO THE STORY ARE MISSING ON EVENTS FOR THE BOY RAISING HIS 2 SYSTERS. THE STORY RESUMS WHEN HE IS 16 AND FALLS FOR A GIRL 14 HE HAS SEX WITH AND GETS PREGNET. THE GIRL’S FATHER A POLICEMAN HAS THE BOY SENT TO JAIL TRIED AS AN ADULT BUT THE STORY TAKES ON A TWIST.THE GIRL GETS HER FATHER’S GUN AND TAKES SOME PEOPLE HOSTAGE TREATENS TO KILL THEM IF THE BOY IS NOT RELESED AND MADE TO MARRY HER. THE GIRL IS CAPTUED AND SENT TO JUVIE AND THE BOY LEARNS OF EVENTS AND USES IT FOR RE-TRING HIS CASE ON RE-VERSE RAPE. FEMALE ON MALE RAPE. A JUDE HERING THE CASE OVERTURNS THE BOYS CONVICTION AND HE IS RELEASED. THE BOY GOES TO WORK AND SENDS THE GIRL’S FATHER PART OF HIS PAY CHECK EVERY WEEK. THE FATHER ASKS THE BOY WHY AND HE REPLS ITS FOR THE GIRL,HE WILL WATE FOR HER AND WILL MARRY HER WHEN SHE SHE TURNS 18.
NATUE PUSHED THE BABY BIRD FROM THE NEST TO FLY AND FEND FOR ITS SELF AS SOON AS IT CAN OR TO GET UP AND RUN AS NOT TO BE EATEN. WE HUMANS BELIEVE WE ARE ABOVE NATURE, GODS SPECIAL CREATION AND SHOULD BE KEPT BACK TO BE CHILDERN AS LONG AS POSABLE.

Bex March 23, 2009, 8:02 PM

Not just 12 years old and up. About 4 years ago my aunt was telling me about a relative of ours who teaches 5th grade, well that’s when you do your first “family life” class here. It mainly just goes over the reproductive organs. Anyway, a known 10 year old couple came up to her and asked how you “stop the squishing noise when you are having sex?” They were serious. 10 years old. Now, I was capable of reproducing at the day before my 10th birthday, but I never thought of it. I was naive until high school on even the physical logistics. It’s a sad world, but it’s true. To deny it is to make room for more similar situations. Parents should start educating their children early.

persin March 28, 2009, 4:53 PM

i just cant belive this, but like the father seems proud and they both look sooo cute! soon, in 20years it will be normal to have a baby during teen years because its getting more and more worse! but like i guess we have to get over that

concern citizen March 30, 2009, 2:58 PM

I worked at a summer camp and I cant imange any of my younger campers having babies of their own when they look as young as this kid is. This gives new meaning to the phrase babies raising babies. If I was the boys father I would request a DNA test to make sure that the son was the father. I mean who knows the girl could be triking the boy so she could get some money from the press to raise some ones els’s kid

Apaxclhr June 22, 2009, 5:09 PM

eC5PzA comment1 ,

John1702 July 2, 2009, 6:26 AM

Very nice site!

Pharmk77 September 13, 2009, 2:46 PM

Very nice site!

shantelle December 9, 2009, 2:43 PM

at first i was realy realy disguisted that they were even aloud to sleep together( well i still am ) but i’ve just read soething and it said he isnt the fater.It turns out she had actualy slept with other people, they dont know who the father is so they need permission to do a DNA test on the other boys she slept with.But the DNA test proved it isnt him…the pour boy, he was so excited but nonetheless he is still going to look after the baby as he has been the one there for her.

jelena February 24, 2010, 5:06 AM

wel if they want to hav a kid it is non ov any 1 business x

Anonymous March 9, 2010, 10:38 PM

…um…i was nt thinkin about sex at 12 and 13…i feel kind of bad looking at him because he look so young. She also looks young but not like him. They were having sex for real?