Doing it on Valentine's Day doesn't have to be a "must." It just has to be fun!
Wedding night. Anniversaries. New Year's Eve. Valentine's Day. All very big nights. All expected to result in one thing: SEX. Everyone knows that you haaave
to "do it" on your wedding night ... and it's only polite to
commemorate your love by "making it" on your anniversary ... and you
certainly have to go out with a "bang" on New Year's Eve ... And
Valentine's Day? Well, screw the romance. You should just want to screw on V-Day. Period!
But the truth is, these big nights can often lead to high expectation and lots of disappointment on both ends, literally. So how do you take the obvious, robotic, must-do sex out of these nights and make it fun and spontaneous? Well, with Valentine's Day just a couple days away, we asked Karrine Steffans to weigh in. Karrine says, "There is no one special day for romance and there can be no spontaneity in a day earmarked for it. What Valentine's Day can be, however, is a reminder to make everyday the perfect day to show your mate how unconditionally you love them."
Karrine's Fab Five Ways to Make Valentine's Day Great (in and out of the sack!):
1. Find 100 Ways: Present your partner with a list of 100 things you absolutely love about him. It may seem like a lot, but once you get going, you'll realize just how easy it is to find 100 reasons why this guy is your guy.
2. At Your Service: Serving someone does not make you subservient. The gift of service is a testament to your love and devotion to one another. Do whatever he asks of you and allow yourself to be served, as well.
3. Be Still: If your lives are lived on the move, take this time to simply be. Between kids, jobs, family and friends, there is always so much to do and so many people to talk to! Block out the outside world (even your kids for a bit, if you can), and enjoy the silence with no pressure of doing anything at all!
4. We Are Family: Valentine's Day doesn't have to be all about you and your man; it can also be a day for you and your children. If you can't or won't have a sitter for the day, include your kids with cards, cookies, movies and games. Reiterate to them they're a huge part of your love for one another.
5. Freaks Come Out at Night: Whether you relaxed all day or spent it out and about, at the end of it all, you and your hubby will wind up in bed together. Nothing beats the tried and true bubble bath, music, champagne, strawberries, whipped cream and a kick-ass lingerie set! Set your inhibitions free and try something you never have before. Shock and amaze your lover, and don't wait a whole year to do it again!
|Karrine Steffans is a stay-at-home mother of two. A New York Times best selling author, she is a pop culture figure who has injected her real life experiences and advice into a new generation of women and demographics commonly overlooked.|