Shocking Info Released in Casey Anthony Case

Documents link crime scene evidence to Casey Anthony's home.

caylee-envelope.gif

The State Attorney's Office has released more than 1000 documents today in the Casey Anthony case, including a F.B.I. reports and photographs.

Many of the photos are of the area where Caylee's body was found on December 11 and of evidence found in the Anthony home. Casey Anthony remains in jail charged with her daughter's murder and is being held at the Orange County Jail.

Here are few highlights of the findings:

• Duct tape found on Caylee's skull is from the same roll found on the gas can Casey "stole" from her father's shed.

• The FBI says the duct tape residue -- in the perfect shape of a heart -- was not hand drawn and is consistent with the adhesive side of a heart-shaped sticker. The FBI says it appears the sticker was put on the tape intentionally.

• A canvas laundry bag found in the Anthony's garage was same make of the one in which the remains were disposed.

• When Casey Anthony was informed of the remains being discovered, but before they were officially identified as Caylee, the documents indicate Casey "hyperventilated" and was given medication.

Casey Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez does not agree with the findings and issued a statement:

"The States forensic report on duct tape, plastic bags and other items is a one-sided law enforcement-generated report and is biased and speculative. It uses junk science, the kind of flawed comparative analysis."

What do YOU think is the truth?

Momlogic will post the relevant documents as soon as they're made available.

See Also:

next: Amy Fisher, Mom of Three, Turns Stripper
christine February 18, 2009, 3:50 PM

OK…I personally think the girl is guilty. Of WHAT exactly, I do not know…but definitely guilty. BUT for arguments sake…this diary entry could be referring to her choice to leave her parent’s home and try to start a life independently. If you believe she is guilty…this looks guilty. If you believe she is innocent…this could be read innocently.

Roberta February 18, 2009, 3:58 PM

The date on the diary entry is ‘03 which is covered up in this picture, the original shows the date in the upper left hand cornor.

Michael Kelley February 18, 2009, 4:05 PM

Christine I agree with you,especially the last part Michael

mollysmom February 18, 2009, 4:06 PM

um hello?? her daughter is “missing” for a couple of days already supposedly and she’s writing about how happy she is??!! would someone please just let her walk out of jail so hopefully someone can do the same to her. yes i do believe in an eye for an eye.

sunshine February 18, 2009, 4:06 PM

If the fingerprints are on the tape, what more proof do you need. She is guilty and it is almost getting a little silly. The best thing Baez can do is go for insanity plea.

RPMom February 18, 2009, 4:32 PM

The whole thing is so very sad. I too believe she is guilty.

Linda from Jersey February 18, 2009, 4:36 PM

Well Roberta, what major life decision would this low life unemployed piece of humanity have made at the tender age of 17 if according to you this was written in 2003. At the ripe old age of 22 she was still unable to be on her own, at least without stealing from everyone who was ever unfortunate enough to have loved or come into contact with her. She did it…period.

LINDSAY February 18, 2009, 4:38 PM

I wanted so badly for her to be innocent..I never wanted to think a mother could do this to her baby..I’m so connected to this for some reason..I would give anything to give that baby girl a hug..I have two kids - 3 year old boy and a 5 month old girl…Everytime I see Caylees picture I squeeze them and tell them how much I love them…God Bless that Baby Girl and her family..

Casey Anthony - I have no words for you..other than how could you…she was a BABY - a HUMAN BEING!!! and you thought of her nothing more than an object…You will get yours when they finally put you in General Pop…See how those other mothers react to you…they would give anything to be with there babies and you took your with your own hands…

Amy February 18, 2009, 5:00 PM

I knew she was guilty the day the story broke in the news. Who waits for days to report that here child is missing. She has lied about everything to the police. Lock her up and throw away the key.

Linda Lee February 18, 2009, 5:01 PM

How do u know that the diary was from 2003?

julie February 18, 2009, 5:15 PM

I viewed the photo of the entry as well, and on the upper left hand corner it says ‘03 plain as day on the left page. The right sided page is the entry in question. I’m really not sure what to make of this. I don’t know who skips 4 years in between journal entries and resorts back to the same journal when they decide to write. Its so vague and could be referring to anything. My opinion: I think she is guilty, however I don’t think this proves it. It’s most likely not a current entry. Crazy or not I just don’t think thats how she would word things after killing her child and much less enter it into a journal. Anyone with me on this?

Penny February 18, 2009, 5:26 PM

i suppose more importantly…what is this photo of the purple envelope with the heart shaped sticker thing over the address. who is this from? what is inside? its hard to tell but to me it almost looks like that is the outline of where a sticker was pulled from and was cut out from a page and the sticker that was found at the crime scene looks like it would fit right inside. Has anyone noticed this?

Dina February 18, 2009, 6:04 PM

After they reported that she waited to report her missing, I knew that she was guilty, if nothing else, she failed to protect her daughter from harm. It makes me sick and I just look at my 2 year old and I cannot for the life of me understand how she could have done such a horrible thing to her daughter. The location that they found her remains and the fact that the tape matches is all that they needed, Baez does not have a prayer. May god have mercy on her soul - that is the only prayer she has left. I honestly feel for the anthony family as they have to deal with a loss of Caylee as well as the fact that their daughter could do such a diabolical thing to her own child!!

Helen B. February 18, 2009, 6:22 PM

Maybe the Anthonys will climb off the denial train now. With so much evidence against Casey, there is little doubt that she is guilty. I had felt that the duct tape held an important piece of information, and it did. We still do not have full disclosure so there is even more evidence that will come out in trial. If I were Casey, which I am grateful I am not, I would do either of two things. Either go ahead and end it all, using a sheet knotted overhead or come clean and take what lies ahead. Why even go to trial? No way that anyone, anywhere, under any circumstances could do such a perfect job of a frame up. She did it!

pilar February 18, 2009, 7:01 PM

i saw the 2003 written on the top left page in another picture and i have a couple of thoughts. one is was the left page the first page in a diary or truly in order from the beginning of the year? and my other thought was her being such a sociopath i can see her writing 2003 to throw people off. i mean who writes the year on the top of a page unless it’s at the beginning of the year??

Louise February 18, 2009, 10:16 PM

Right now she is still innocent until proven otherwise. I think it’s wrong to presume guilt and to condemn and judge her before she’s been proven guilty in a court of law. We were all young once and probably pretty irresponsible, we all do things we’re likely to regret when we’re older and wiser, it doesn’t make us killers.
Yes it’s true that it doesn’t look good for this young mother, if you’re following the case, the evidence and her behaviour does seem to be indicating guilt of at least playing some part in her daughters death, but she still deserves her day in court to at least try and prove her innocence or to provide some explanation of her role in what happened to her beloved baby girl.
I really dislike the lynch mob mentality when not all sides have been able to present and until this does go to trial, no one really has all the information needed to make a fully informed decision on true guilt or innocence, no matter what our gut instincts are telling us.

wedge56 February 18, 2009, 10:38 PM

Guilty, guilty, guilty. I don’t care what the note says. They’re not going to find video of her killing her kid. Between the duct tape residue, the kid’s blood in the trunk of her car which she abondoned in the same timeline of the kid’s disappearance, the fact that she spent most of the time between between when the kid disappeared and when she bothered to report the kid missing, the laundry bag used for the body matching the laundry bags in Casey’s house, the multiple lies to the cops… c’mon… I don’t care if the kid was murdered or died due to neglect…her mom did it. Punish her.

court February 18, 2009, 11:47 PM

There was no blood found in the trunk of her car. Who doesn’t have black garbage bags in their house or at least had them at one time. The journal entry did say 03 on it and we do need to keep them mentality that she is innocent until proven guilty let God do the work to her if she is infact guilty. How would you feel if you were put in this position. Say your child was kidnapped and you were told that they would kill her or your family if you told authorities.. what would you do..and everyone in the world things you killed her!?! I don’t necessarily agree with her… but just think about it! I feel so horrible for Caylee having to go through anything she did and it is so sickening and sad I cry about her everytime I think of her as I have a daughter her age. Think, if Casey didn’t do think.. and all Caylee wnated was her Mommy! Poor girl. If Casey did do this.. she deserves the worst possible sentence .. death penalty or let her loose in a crowd of mothers and let them have at her! BUT until it is proven.. just pray for justice for the person or persons who did this to that precious little sweetheart!

Anonymous February 19, 2009, 2:22 AM

Of all the circumstantial evidence, and there is a ton of it….you CANNOT dispute the decomposition in HER car, the fact SHE didn’t report her child missing, and NEVER would have, if not for her mother doing it….AND her behavior while she was doing her own search for her)..like the BABY frequented BARS,CLUBS,LIQUOR STORES AND TATOO PARLORS…..please, and the close proximity to her house where the remains were found….A FINISHING TOUCH,A heart shaped sticker on the duct tape (yeah, cold blooded killers do that, and kidnappers,molesters etc NOT!!!!!!!!)…..should I go on and on…..or should we now go into all the little pieces that will make up the pie????

itty February 19, 2009, 3:32 AM

Did Casey Anthony think she could commit the perfect murder at the ripe age of 22?. There is only one reason why she did’nt report her daughter missing for so long, and those who want to give her the benefit of the doubt better go stand next to the waco parents who raised her. The apple dosen’t fall far from the tree!!!!