Casey's Reaction To Remains Caught on Tape

WESH: Investigators arranged to videotape Casey Anthony's reaction in jail when she learned that a child's remains were found near her family's home, a source told WESH 2 News exclusively on Thursday.

woodedarea270a.jpg
Anthony doubled over twice and appeared to hyperventilate, according to the source who has seen the tape.

Investigators said the tape shows Anthony's consciousness of guilt, because it was days before the remains were identified as her daughter Caylee.

The remains, which were later identified as Caylee's body, were found by a meter reader in a wooded area off of Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home.

WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing reported Thursday that Casey Anthony was purposefully taken to a jail nurse's station in December and seated where she could see breaking news coverage on TV about the child's remains. A video camera documented her reaction, a source said.

It was more than a week before the remains were identified as Caylee who was reported missing last July.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with Caylee's death. She is in Orange County Jail on no bond awaiting trial later this year.

Watch Casey's reaction to the news here.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: UPDATE: 'Real Housewives of Las Vegas' Rumor -- Debunked!
jenn5079 February 20, 2009, 9:08 AM

i think the little girls mother had something to do with the murder of her daughter..people r very sick i dont know how they couldnt even think about doing something like this..i have 3 children myslef and i couldnt ever even think about doing that to my kids

Julie February 20, 2009, 11:09 AM

I’m sorry but whatever happened to Innocent until PROVEN guilty? The facts need to be put together first before it is clear if she did murder her child or not. If she is guilty then it will be proven. There have been MANY cases were the parents have been accused yet have been innocent. Just my opinion. I would just hate to be in the same situation where I was accused of killing my daughter when I did not.

linda61 February 20, 2009, 11:35 AM

The only way they could have more eveidence is if they had a tape of Casey actually killing Caylee…..
All the evidence can’t be wrong and if she did not do it, she would have helped and not hindered the investigators. Sick of hearing from all the people to refuse to see the OVERWHELMING evidence…..Remember the time she waas out of jail and did not even lift a finger to help with the investigation. Sorry, in my book she is guilty as sin and a public hanging would make me very happy.

IGWas February 20, 2009, 12:44 PM

I look forward to the trial … Then Caylee will have Justice!
I want to see Casey’s face when the verdict is read. I have no doubt she killed Caylee.

Anonymous February 20, 2009, 2:04 PM

I supect Lee of being the father of Caylee. It seems Casey named her after herself and him (Ca-Lee). Lee is so emotional and in love with CMA.

Anonymous February 20, 2009, 3:33 PM

JULIE
Innocent until PROVEN guilty by rear end. HA! even if she is innocent, which I highly doubt, please do not forget the fact that she was missing for WELL over a month before she ever said a thing. Yes, you would hate to be accused but I am sure you would at least report your child missing, wouldn’t you?

Anonymous April 18, 2009, 11:23 AM

casey anthony; fits the crime.she is a cold hearted and no remourse what so ever. she knew what she did.she deserves the DEATH PENALTY.Caylee did not deserve what her mother did to her.I think also Cindy, George and Lee do know what Casey did to her little girl.I find the ANTHONY family very strange,they are hiding something and I think they are as much GUILTY as CASEY is.my sympathy goes out for CAYLEE.