First Look at the Octuplets!

The octuplets' mom was on the Today show again this morning, and showed off her babies on camera. Take a look.

In the video, Nadya says her baby's names are: Noah, Maliah, Jonah, Isiah, Nariah, Jeremiah, McCai, and Josiah. The babies were all given biblical names, according to their grandmother.

What do you think of Nadya's latest interview?

next: Smoking Pot May Increase Risk of Testicular Cancer
Sara Jane February 9, 2009, 11:01 AM

You know what, this woman is rational. For all our ‘gasps, what the ….?!’, she really seems to be a caring person. From all the interviews/reports from family and neighbors, no one has said she was a bad/uncaring/unloving/unsupportive/self involved b*tch of a parent. She is educated and intelligent. So lets give her a break. Yeah her situation is not ideal. But who knows? 22 years from now when her babies are graduating from college, what will they be saying about their lives and their mom? Who are we to judge? This is a miracle. Granted, a scientifically produced miracle, but new life is still a total blessing. Yeah, we may end up having to give her a 24 your in-home aides/nannies on the dime of the state for the next 10 years. But you know what? She is not a Cindy or Casey Anthony!!! So these babies have a good chance at surviving!

theboyzmom February 9, 2009, 11:28 AM

I know plenty of loving parents who are still totally irresponsible. I saw her mother interviewed and I thnk that gave more insight to the situation than anything…and her mother was not thrilled with all this. She said her daughter never thinks to help with the house (either in payment or help at all), that she spends all her money on toys (yes she loves her kids), but nothing in the practical things the kids NEED.

Proud to be a mom February 9, 2009, 2:30 PM

This woman is amazing… I know I speak for alott of woman when I say good for you Nadya. Go after what you believe in. Don’t let the media or your mother for that fact stop you from living your dream. You are an amazing stepping stone for alott of woman who want big families, also for woman who want children without a spouse. We are woman of the 21st century and we are built strong. I am fully confident that you will Love these babies with all your heart and for the rest of your life, make sure they are cared for.

Bad Carlton February 9, 2009, 2:34 PM

the names are all similar, but McCai who is similar with senator McCain, good luck with the confusing : Noah & Jonah, Jonah & Josiah..and the girls have only 2 differents letters !!

theherbalkitty February 9, 2009, 3:17 PM

People reading this post are going to think I’m just as crazy as they’re accusing Nadya of being but she just became my hero. Well, not so much if it comes out she’s using the welfare system to support this enormous brood; I can understand everyone’s outrage about that. But what a beautiful family. I’m in my 40’s and my baby-making days are winding down to a close. I always wanted a large family but, after 2 failed marriages, I’ve accepted this will never happen (at least not the traditional way with a mother and a father present). I confess I have often dreamed about doing exactly what Nadya has done: IVF and possibly fertility drugs to make it happen. I was an only child until the age of 12 (overjoyed when I finally had a brother!). I grew up with a Mom who was one of 11 in a 3 bedroom house. It was tight but they managed (of course this was before we got spoiled where everyone had to have their own room and Nintendo box…) The posts about Nadya not being able to give 14 children enough love and attention is bogus; my grandparents always had enough of both to give their children—and the 26 grandchildren that followed. My grandfather’s mother birthed 24 babies during the last Great Depression; 18 of whom survived. My great-grandfather died shortly after the last child was born and she raised all 18 of them by herself on a small farm, also raising many goats (she was known as “The Goat Lady” in the town), chickens, cattle and horses besides vegetables and fruits to supplement their food bill—in addition to taking care of her enormous brood. It definitely wasn’t easy but she did it. Anything is possible. And I don’t think it’s fair to judge Nadya or accuse her of abusing the welfare system, etc. We don’t know yet her circumstances. And I applaud her for having the courage to live her dreams. Two failed marriages for me were the result of a lack of trust, having been raised with a sexually abusive stepfather and an absentee father (who was also physically abusive to my mother while she carried me, even so far as to burn her stomach with a lighter to try and force a miscarriage) Maybe it’s not as extreme as my situation but maybe there is something in Nadya’s past that has left her a.) untrusting in the matter of marriage and b.) having an overwhelming desire to have a family of her own that has nothing to do with any selfish motives. If she’s supporting them on her own, it’s really no one’s concern but hers. Regardless of your beliefs, judgement comes from the Almighty, whatever you call Him or Her, if at all.

theherbalkitty February 9, 2009, 3:24 PM

(con’t) past that has left her with a.) untrusting of marriage (and men in general) and/or b.) an overwhelming desire to have a family of her own that has nothing to do with any selfishness. Regardless of your beliefs, judgement is for the Almighty, whatever you perceive Him or Her to be, or not!

anon February 9, 2009, 5:59 PM

What a difference in these comments compared to the ones that didnt involve seeing the children first. Again, someone here called her children a “brood”, and again…these children are not dogs!! They are children who are surviving the odds. God Bless them.

Angie February 9, 2009, 6:20 PM

May God bless them all and guide their way.

Angry Red February 9, 2009, 6:23 PM

Are you kidding me? She’s rec’d Gov’t assistance for the first 6 amtg. to $160K. She’s not on assistance? Who paid for that French manicure? She’s just havin’ them ‘cause she can. Shame on the whole charade!

J.G. February 9, 2009, 9:33 PM

Stupid people shouldn’t be allowed to reproduce!

Chrissy February 9, 2009, 11:26 PM

Seriously, she’s your hero?
She once lied in this interview.
“During the interview with Curry, Suleman said, “I’m not receiving help from the government. I’m not trying to expect anything from anybody. [I] just wanted to do it on my own. Any resources that someone would really, really want to help us, I will accept, I would embrace.”
Well I guess recieving disability, food stramps and SSDI for three of her children, isn’t government help.
We already know that she has one child with austism. What are the disability for the other two? We don’t know becasue she won’t. Exactly how repsonsible is she for having more children after having three with disability? Who will be providing these three children with the additonal time, attention, theraphy etc that they need? Certainly not a single parent with ELEVEN other children. No spouse, no income.
NOT a responsibile parent.
Further:
“It is estimated the cost of delivering the infants and caring for them until they are healthy enough to leave the hospital at $1.5 million to $3 million.”
Who is picking up that tab?
Can’t be governemnt because Ms. Sulman stated that she isn’t getting government help. An I have a bridge to sell you . .
Finally, who’s paying for her college courses?
How many of us would love to have government to take of us so we can stay home with our kids, pay for our hospital bills, medical costs and for sporadic college classes?
If your “hero” is a lying, irresponsible, sceming (rememebr she hired a publicist a few days after giving birth and before she left the hospital and tried to sell her story for $2 million) parent, they you need professional help too.

smarty February 9, 2009, 11:31 PM

This Human sow knows what she wants and got it. she is definitely pro-life.

out4fun2 February 10, 2009, 12:37 AM

She spoke convincingly.

L February 10, 2009, 1:35 AM

Smarty, your comments say much more about you than the mother in question

L February 10, 2009, 2:30 AM

In my experience the gut level response of hatred for someone who indulges her maternal instincts to the hilt has plenty to do with the hater’s personal choices in terms of their own reproductive behavior. It is very natural for every woman to love babies. They turn our knees to jello, and melt our hearts. I can’t think of any experience that tops holding your newborn for the very first time. Yet, some of us persuade ourselves when we get “inconveniently” pregnant, or we are persuaded by our fun-loving partners who don’t want to bear responsibility for an unplanned child, that our only option is abortion. And we cave in and go directly against our feminine instincts, and destroy the life growing within us. I have found that the most hateful people in terms of their behavior to such as this mother are those who have aborted, and have never gotten honest about just how traumatic that experience was for them. And often the hale and hearty laddies who enjoys all the pleasures of “free” sex, while they have no heart for the girlfriends they have gotten pregnant. Yeah, those ruddy-faced studs in their mega-trucks who invariably drive by a line of pro-lifers cursing and shouting aggressively, and waving their middle fingers.
No matter how much she wants to deny it, the woman who has aborted has lost a child. She needs to get counseling, and support, to mourn that loss honestly, instead of hatefully taking it out on people who disagree with the procedure.
As for the beer-swilling, irresponsible studs: you’re one poor excuse for the definition of “man.”

D February 10, 2009, 7:59 AM

I hope that the state steps in and takes these and the other children away from this woman. i think that she lied, she wants the money. these kids are not going to have a good life style with this selfish woman. the grandma cannot put anymore stress on herself. i looked at the photos of inside the house and i would hope that someone steps in before these babies go into the house with their low immune system!!!

Anne February 10, 2009, 9:50 AM

overwhelmed..that is the least of her problems…!!!

Clarissa February 10, 2009, 5:14 PM

I don’t think we should have to pay for more children of her’s. Cut her off. This was stupid and so is the Doctor that did it!!!

Nicole February 10, 2009, 5:15 PM

There are people out there that you’ve heard of as being hoarders of animals. Can’t someone be a hoarder of children? Seems as though the Lord gave her wonderful children before these. I’m wondering too how she could afford invetro with being unemployed and receiving disability. I’m on disability right now and NOT receiving nearly as much money to EVEN think about invetro. My disability was caused by a virus from one of my students. So it’s been out of my control to get back to work as promptly as I would like to due to complications caused by the virus. But, I’m thinking about how to pay our own bills with having a second income from my husband. I’m having problems even paying the medical bills due to the district I was employed with filling my position and now having to pay COBRA to cover my growing bills due to the continued illness.

Here we’ve been unable to have children and going through the first steps of seeing what is wrong and to have the HSG done. Personally, I’ve decided to not have invetro due to the cost. Being a school teacher, one isn’t paid enough to have this done. We are a modest couple and just trying to survive in today’s economy. Due to this we’ve thought about state adoption being that we won’t be able to afford invetro.

One would always like to have a genetic child. But one has to be satisfied too with what the Lord has presented to them.

Jules February 10, 2009, 6:36 PM

OMG, give this woman a break. We have many women that are on drugs, have their children, and live in far worse homes than what these pictures show. Plus receive government help. What is the big fuss anyway. Is it her faught that God blessed her with eight blessing. There is a reason why this has happen to her and her family. She did not know that they would all conceive. So would we be brodcasting her life if she only had one? I don’t think so. For her mother to say things that would tear her family apart is so heartless. I pray for her and may god bless her abundantly, he wouldn’t give you a blessing like this if you couldn’t handle it