Gloria Allred Wants to Rescue the Octuplets!

Outspoken attorney Gloria Allred has announced HER plan to "provide for the medical and emotional needs" of Nadya Suleman's 14 children.

nadya suleman and gloria allred

Allred and the charity Angels in Waiting, founded by a local LA nurse at Kaiser, say they want to provide 24/7 medical care, physical therapy, occupational therapy and a home for the octomom and her brood of 14. They say their plan will provide for the medical needs of the newborns without "one dime from the taxpayers."

At a press conference today, the charity's founder Linda Conforti said "This is something where she can still be a mom. We're not trying to rip these children away. We're trying to give her a support system."

Allred says volunteer nurses and medical personnel would care for the babies morning, noon and night in eight-hour shifts. Conforti said it would take 14 trained professionals to provide the proper care for the tiny babies, while also helping out mom Nadya with her other six children, including those with special needs.

The offer from Angels in Waiting would keep the family together without use of taxpayer funds, Allred said. It would require, however, donations from the public.

Do you think this is a good idea?

See Also:

next: Candy Wrapper Trail Leads Police to Teen Burglary Suspects
cindy February 19, 2009, 7:14 PM

i think the best thing for the children is for them to be adopted out. that is the BEST interest of the children. this woman is sick, can not take care of them. even if she was super rich, she is not capeable of this task, she has proven it with her actions, it’s all about HER not about the kids. any parent of a special needs child, much less 3 (plus 3 others) would NEVER think of bringing another child into the world. Not to mention, no father, no job, no house.
The best interst of the children is to be adopted by loving, responsible families.

chris February 19, 2009, 8:30 PM

A father who abandons 14 children would be sued for child support. The fertility clinic that committed this farce should be required to establish a trust to care for these children rather.

Anonymous February 19, 2009, 9:24 PM

first off i thank this women needs mental help and i not trying to b funny.i also thank that the focus should b on ALL CHILDERN,, AND IT A SHAME THAT A DOCTOR KNOWING THE INFO THAT HE DID AND STILL HELPING HER HE SHOULD B MADE TO HELP TAKE CARE OF THE BABIES

Bec Thomas February 19, 2009, 10:04 PM

Well it did get her alot of publicity and that was probably more the point than anything.

SalG February 19, 2009, 11:04 PM

I can’t imagine her not filing for SSI (welfare). These low birth-weight babies are just about automatically qualified. The standard payment amount is $674 a month for each child.
8 x $674 = $5392/month

Brittany February 19, 2009, 11:18 PM

I am on board with the fact that almost everyone needs some form of help at one point or another, but she PURPOSELY had 14 kids without any means to support them. This wasn’t one of those “OMG the stick turned blue” it was, “implant me and lets get some babies made!” I feel by giving her hand outs is rewarding her for acting irresponsibly. Being a mother is more then just popping the kids out.

susie February 19, 2009, 11:24 PM

Why would anyone donate $1 to someone who had no business having 8 more children to begin with. Why don’t we have everyone donate a dollar to the neighbor next door so that they don’t lose their home. Hello, she put herself in this situation and needs to take care of it herself without the states help or my dollar. I am sure there are 8 couples who would love to adopt a child.
Frustrated tax payer.

Dany February 20, 2009, 12:27 AM

Having 14 children might in some people’s book constitute mental instability, but there are families with that many and more. And yes, a mother can love all her children and give them all the time and attention they need. She had 6 already, the State didn’t come after her then and they won’t now. She is obviously a good mother, otherwise CPS would have been involved. Public opinion doesn’t count, thank goodness. Unless she is abusive or neglectful taking her children away is wrong and not the answer. Unless you have a large family don’t presume you know what your are talking about.

Dany February 20, 2009, 12:47 AM

Leaving your kids with someone to go get your nails done doesn’t make you a bad mother. Being on welfare with no job and several kids and still getting your nails done “doesn’t make you a bad mother”. It might make you seem irresponsible for paying to get them done. However, leaving the kids in someone elses care doesn’t mean your are a bad parent. Every parent needs a break, even those on welfare. Do any of you know how many women get their nails done while living on welfare? A lot! They do it to make themselves feel and look better, not to be selfish. Unless you have been on welfare you can’t possible know what you are talkiing about.

brian February 20, 2009, 1:05 AM

Nadya should be put in a mental institution and neutered. she has no grip on reality. She had six children and couldn’t take care of them, so she purposely had eight more. No one should give her a dime, unless she puts these kids up for adoption. My tax payments should not go to helping her keep her children. I feel sorry for the children and her parents, but I do not have any sympathy for Nadya.
Any magazine or newspaper or television show which pays her one dime loses me as a viewer.

Eddie February 20, 2009, 3:20 AM

Wake up, people. Nadya Suleman isn’t sick, she’s slick. She found an easy way to become rich and famous, with the movie, television and book deals being offered to her. Of course Gloria Allred is sticking her nose in, she knows a good thing when she sees it. Who would read a book about her, or watch a film or TV movie about her is beyond me, but hey, Joe the Plumber got a book deal too. It’s a pity they’re both not illegal aliens whcih would make it even more offensive. No wonder the culture in this country has sunk to an all-time low. America should be ashamed of itself. Bush and his cronies didn’t just steal our nation’s credibility and financial independence and stability, it’s hyporcritical anything but true Christian ideals have also stolen America’s collective brain.

JJ February 20, 2009, 9:48 AM

Well it is about time, someone came to her rescue.. Along time ago Iwas going to hire Gloria…She rocks..She is from my hometown , Philadelphia..THe city of “BROTHERLY LOVE”..

Why is no one going after the father to pay support, he donated the sperm.?Why is no one going after the millions of illegals who have kid, after kid at the taxpayers expense. ??They are not getting death threats.We quietly pay their delivery hospital bills, er visits etc…
God Bless Nadya and Gloria.

Gloria Delgadillo February 20, 2009, 10:37 AM

Kudos to Ms Alred and the RN at Kaiser. Even though the mother ismentally incompetent to say the least, those children should be cared for and the Fool that inceminated the mother should be made to pay for it. I don’t think that he will provide a penney so please let me know where to send a donation.

Rita  February 20, 2009, 11:16 AM

This is insanity. Octomom is shopping for expensive real estate while everyone else is worrying about her financial status. Let her pay her own upkeep for the litter of kids she now has! Forgo your nail appointment and get some help for your mother who has bee footing your bills for God knows how long. I am all for the state taking her kids. It’s paying anyway!

SesshoumarusGirl February 20, 2009, 11:50 AM

Gloria was on Fox News this morning: There is more to this than “Gloria helping out” Apparently she filed a complaiont with CPS of LA county against Nadya and then made this offer.

I think if Nadya refuses this help …you’ll see Gloria try to get those kids taken away. No doubt.

Andrea February 20, 2009, 12:38 PM

Why is this lady targeting the octuplets? I think she is an embiitered woman, who is jealous and wants to have an ‘eye’ in the home so she can find fault with the mother and rip these babies away from her. No way in hell would I let this lady near my babies,or children if I was the mother. I seen children that are up for adoption now, only because there families can no longer care for them financially anymore because of Hurricane Katrina. It’s discusting. Why doesn’t she help them.

You know how many beautiful kids, are out there from families like this one, with multiple kids.You know how many children across the country need homes, support all the time. Where was she then. This ladies motives are not pure. No way in HELL would I trust this woman with my kids.
Good for the mother.
If I lived where Nadya lived I’d voluteer to help her or donate to her. I wish her the best.

Kat February 20, 2009, 1:13 PM

If you read the article, so far there has been no response back from Nadya. That’s because she doesn’t want their help. Why?…because she wants the money and the mansion. That has been her goal all along(money). So if she doesn’t accept then with Allred’s help you can be sure CPS will be stepping in.

Anonymous February 20, 2009, 1:30 PM

Did it ever occur to any one that the mother of the octuplets may not be done with having more children? AFTER ALL, she is only 33 years old. Her needs seem to be far greater than any of us can seem to imagine. We appear to be concerned about the needs of her children but are we really? Just think if the pattern persist in two years or less, there may be another two,six,or eight.

Angellync February 20, 2009, 1:44 PM

Halo, Thank you for stepping out in faith for the highest good of all.

I am the Producer and Host of TWO ANGEL TV Programs.

Calling All Angels HOTLINE is a LIVE ONE HOUR call in program out of UNDIANA! Tv Angels Talk “Soul Relationships airs ON LINE Weekly Around the World!!!

Please let me know how I can through AAGCS, best support you and network.

AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR KINDNESS!

Divine Love & HOly Kisses,
Sandra Lynch
AngelsAtGodCentralSTation,Inc.

torang  February 20, 2009, 2:00 PM

I am so glad to see some people stand up for Nadia. I was beginning to think what a mean horrible nation this is. It is no picnic to be pregnant with this many. She did it to her self? Don’t we all? I had twins many years ago and Yes I did that to myself. A pregnancy I wanted so bad; but it was hard and I sure didn’t need mean people picking on my flesh and bones. Every one who has been extremely negative should remember they are unhappy people for many other reasons and jealousy is a big factor here. Every one knows someone who came from big families and the husbands were at war or on the farm.
This is public lynching. We might as well stone her to death; because to me this is what everyone is doing with their words.