Gloria Allred Wants to Rescue the Octuplets!

Outspoken attorney Gloria Allred has announced HER plan to "provide for the medical and emotional needs" of Nadya Suleman's 14 children.

nadya suleman and gloria allred

Allred and the charity Angels in Waiting, founded by a local LA nurse at Kaiser, say they want to provide 24/7 medical care, physical therapy, occupational therapy and a home for the octomom and her brood of 14. They say their plan will provide for the medical needs of the newborns without "one dime from the taxpayers."

At a press conference today, the charity's founder Linda Conforti said "This is something where she can still be a mom. We're not trying to rip these children away. We're trying to give her a support system."

Allred says volunteer nurses and medical personnel would care for the babies morning, noon and night in eight-hour shifts. Conforti said it would take 14 trained professionals to provide the proper care for the tiny babies, while also helping out mom Nadya with her other six children, including those with special needs.

The offer from Angels in Waiting would keep the family together without use of taxpayer funds, Allred said. It would require, however, donations from the public.

Do you think this is a good idea?

See Also:

next: Candy Wrapper Trail Leads Police to Teen Burglary Suspects
D February 25, 2009, 12:24 PM

that’s right Gloria, just keep rewarding her for her selfishness. don’t make her take any responsibility.

how many families does Angels In Waiting turn down every year- or is it even a public charity? is it just a publicly funded (donations) staffing service to wait hand n foot on the Suleman family? if they are public, how may other mothers in need will not be receiving services, services they desperately need, bc of this self aggrandizing woman?

she stashed away money for IVF treatments and then claimed poverty when it came time to feed, clothe and care for her kids- then went out and had 8 more.

all 14 need help. their mother is a pathological liar who clearly cannot differentiate between reality and fantasy and is likely suffering from some bizarre form of Munchausen’s.

put the kids into FOSTER CARE, where they can receive everything they need while their mother gets her head and her life together- and shows she can provide a stable life for them before they are returned. create a reunification plan that is based on self reliance and demonstrable support systems. allow her appropriate visitation. and appoint a Guardian At Litem to review spending for any donations or revenue from interviews, books, etc for their care.

THAT is how to fix this situation. the children get the care they need, the mother gets the care she needs and the money is accounted for. don’t kid yourselves, we’re all going to be paying for it but I’d lie to at least see it happen responsibly.

ms February 26, 2009, 12:32 PM

I’m not the least bit happy about what this woman has chosen to do. My heart truly goes out to these children who did not have a choice to be brought into this world and have a mother like her. Yes, I do understand, that we are human and are allowed to make mistakes; however, something has to be said for what this woman chose to do. Many don’t consider it a “mistake”. She chose to pay money to allow science to mimic a process of nature. I don’t mean to offend anyone; however, when is enough going to be enough? When will people accept that sometimes, things are just not possible. I cringed when people say that this particular situation was a “blessing of God”. How does God / Religion get convoluted with Science? This woman, and many others, need to understand that if it’s not possible, do something more humane and contribute to society by adopt an American orphan.

ms February 26, 2009, 12:55 PM

I’m not the least bit happy about what this woman has chosen to do. My heart truly goes out to these children who did not have a choice to be brought into this world and have a mother like her. Yes, I do understand, that we are human and are allowed to make mistakes; however, something has to be said for what this woman chose to do. Many don’t consider it a “mistake”. She purposely did this to herself. She chose to pay money to allow science to mimic a process of nature. I don’t mean to offend anyone; however, when is enough going to be enough? When will people accept that sometimes, things are just not possible, for instance, like having children. I cringe when people say that this particular situation was a “blessing of God”. How does God / Religion get convoluted with Science? I’m sorry but a “blessing from God” is something that happens through a natural process, maybe something unexpected, NOT something you PAY to re-create and make happen for you. I feel that people are simply being selfish. I have known several woman that have done invitro, to no avail, and to see what they go through, JUST to have the experience of child-birth baffles me. One of them, in particular, had 10 miscarriages. That’s not fair, especially to the Life you created through Science, yet, your body rejected. There just has to be a limit to these situations. Seriously, there are so many beautiful children out there in this country that need loving homes. If you can’t go through the natural process of concieving and carrying a child, please consider adopting. This is what I feel, this woman should’ve done. I will always pray for these children that they are taken care of; however, I feel that this woman’s negative behavior and choices have been enabled, at first by her parents, and now by the public. I’m glad that Allred’s organization has volunteered to care for these children so that the taxpayers, like you or me, don’t have to. What surprises me still? That Nadya Suleman has NOT accepted this offer? For her to still think she can pick and choose what is in HER best interests instead of her children…that says a lot about her state of mind.

Harley February 27, 2009, 3:20 PM

If the babies had been black, Sharpton would have been there in 30 minutes. Octonuts should give this organization a chance - it may not come again. She is probably waiting until something better comes along.

Not responsible February 27, 2009, 4:40 PM

Aren’t taxpayers donations the same as “taxpayers funds”? Oh Gloria, I worry when I read things like this that you say.
Hint: It all comes from the same pocket.

serena February 27, 2009, 4:54 PM

All you softies:

Fine, I will not judge her decision if I don’t have to pay for it. As long as I do, through my tax dollars, I can lambast her stupidity and the unfairness of being rewarded for selfish, irresponsible behavior all I want. Can you imagine how much the million dollars that CA is going to have to pay form those premies could have paid for children that have no insurance because their parents lost their jobs? Wrong wrong wrong….

Mike February 27, 2009, 5:45 PM

It’s none of Gloria Allred’s business. It’s not her family. What does it take to shut her up!

i1i2guess February 27, 2009, 5:53 PM

Octuphycho ?

optimist February 27, 2009, 7:50 PM

Nadya refused Allred and Angels in Waiting because she wants a reality show. These children need a lot of attention and the reality of a show with all the lights and people bringing germs to the babies is unbelievable. Nadya deliberately implanted the 6 embryos because she wanted a show like Jon and Kate Plus 8.

Send an e-mail to TLC (The Learning Channel) that you will not watch a show with Nadya nor will you patronize any of the sponsors of such a show.

To give Nadya a show or to even send her any financial support will only serve to encourage other greedy unbalanced women to pull the same stunt.

To not fund Nadya would mean that the children might really have a chance. The State would take them away — ALL OF THEM — and place them in safe, loving homes where the mother’s first concern isn’t her nails or plastic surgery.

Nadya could not even pump milks to help the babies get a good start because she had breast implants several years ago with her disability checks and student loans.

Cut her off and give the children a fighting chance.

iris February 28, 2009, 11:44 AM

they should be made wards of the state as were the dionne quintuplets along with the medical supervision like dr defoe

Paul L. Baldwin February 28, 2009, 3:16 PM

A few years ago when my daughter was 14, she took our vehicle without our permission When my wife discovered the car missing, she knew my daughter had taken the car. My wife phoned me to give me the news. I instructed her to “tare” her behind apart. The next evening, we had the child abuse authority and police in my home. We are not abusers but if my daughter repeated this, she would have her behind whipped again and I dismissed the individuals off of my property. Now if the law allows Nadya to keep those eight precious babies along with six other children, I will file a class action lawsuit across the country for any parent that was innocently accused of harming their child by physical spanking. This woman is mentally ill and used this to get attention. So if any of you that desire to be included in this class action lawsuit, please get in touch with me. pbald3770@bellsouth.net

Cilla March 1, 2009, 11:17 AM

This reminds me of the doc taking over the Dionne quints in the 30’s “for their own good.” The parents lost them and the doc got rich and the kids were flawed for life. Allred wants those kids taken away from Nadya so this nonprofit client of hers will have full control. Thus giving Allred a meal ticket for life. I don’t blame Nadya - keep them girl, even if you do go on welfare. We’re bailing out less deserving people, after all.

Anonymous March 3, 2009, 7:12 PM

Personally, I wouldn’t want a house full of strangers living with me. I would only want people that I know I can trust. If you offer help it should be without conditions and because I turn you down, please don’t look for revenge like Allred is doing.

Tari March 4, 2009, 8:59 PM

First of all NO I don’t agree with this. No disrespect to the children, b/c they’ve done nothing wrong but damn is they mother a fkn shame! The woman now has 14 kids and NO job. And regardless of how much they say tax payers money won’t be spent on her I don’t believe it. Taking care of 14 kids off of “public donations” isn’t going to get anyone anywhere in today’s economy. These like this upset me, b/c here we are trying to do right and stuggling to make a way for our own families and then here this lazy broad comes.

DebInJaxFL March 10, 2009, 2:50 PM

At least she did not wait 31 days to report her child missing let her have her kids

upset March 11, 2009, 4:00 PM

if angels in waiting want to help the octuplets let them. Everyone needs help every once in awhile. Yes there are couples who want children, but nayda knew what she was doing. If you want a million children then have them but dont criticize Nayda for having 14 what about all those actors and actress who adopt from foreign countries? Whats wrong with adopting or fostering children in the USA. Leave Nayda alone and stop blaming her for something her doctor knew he was doing. If you want a dozen children then have a dozen children, yes go after the father for child support. Or least get the father of these 14 children support. Every child is a gods gift.

upset March 11, 2009, 4:01 PM

Kathy P March 19, 2009, 8:36 PM

This whole thing, from the Dr.who did an unethical practice on a woman he had to have known was not stable or even dealing with the real world at all. She had 6 children,two at least with disabilities,her parents were supporting her and the children she had physically,financially and emotionally.The parents begged him not to do this implant and he threw the welfare of the children at home,parents and last but not least,the eight embryos aka children.I could not agree more with what someone else said about this turning into a media frenzy all about Natya! She feels she is entitled to have her nails done,a new home,which by the way,who paid for(she sure couldn’t get a loan). These children,all of them need more than they will ever get from this woman,she could not care for one child as self center,childlike as she is.She lives in this Peter Pan world and does not face the real world at all. The new house,child care providers for six months, is just the tip of the iceberg, give these 14 children to families while they are little so they have a chance in this big,real world. She can go get her 15 minutes of fame some other way. I am not a heartless person, I believe everyone deserves a chance but she had hers and she failed. Bless those precious children with real families please!!!

Anonymous March 24, 2009, 12:54 AM

I think the babies should be put up for adoption. There are many great families who would love to have a child and can’t. Each child would benefit from a smaller home environment and receive the attention they deserve. With 14 children, she will almost have an elementary classroom full of kids. There is no way any of these children will get the attention from their parent they deserve. Their mom truly has no problem solving/higher level thinking skills or she would not have gone back for even one more child. The children she has with disabilities are going to need much support as they go through life as it is.

GotMultiples March 24, 2009, 2:19 AM

I’ve got more multiple babies than most and the recent pay reduction equivalent to what I made 17 years ago.

My kids could use as much help as hers as we are loosing our house while I’ve paid taxes all my life. And here she is mooching from my own taxes.

I’m so sick of people doing things the wrong way to take advantage of our social systems and then being rewarded. While the rest of us that work hard and pay our way end up paying theirs also.

Where’s my families help after I’ve been a productive part of society for over 30 years, have good credit but with the pay reduction are using it up every month.

There needs to be a line drawn in order to change things. I say draw it with her.