Is 13-Year-Old Father Victim of a Scam?

Family friend says yes, according to new reports.

13 year old father

Underage father Alfie Patten is reportedly the victim of a scam to make as much money as possible off his story.

The Daily Mail reports that young mom Chantelle Stedman was told by her mother to say that 13-year-old Alfie was the baby's father so that they could cash in on their incredible story.

39-year-old Clive Sim, who says he is a close friend of Chantelle's parents, claims that the schoolgirl was ordered to keep quiet about sleeping with other boys so that the so-called "teenage dad" story could be sold to newspapers for thousands of dollars.

Sim, who says he's known Chantelle's parents for years, says: "Penny [the mother] told Chantelle to keep quiet about other boys because they wouldn't get any money. They know that Alfie being the dad makes a better story. I think there's a big scam going on here."

The sensational claims come as UK bookmakers have begun taking bets on who the father of week-old baby Maisie Roxanne really is. Alfie is still the odds-on favorite.

It has been suggested that there are may be up to six potential fathers. Chantelle, 15, is said to be distraught at the allegations, and still proclaims that Alfie is the only boy she slept with. Alfie, for his part, says he wants to take a paternity test to prove that he is the child's father.

Both Alfie and Chantelle's parents are believed to have netted thousands of dollars in media deals so far, but Sim claims that Alfie is being 'exploited' by the families to make as much money as possible.

"It's all pretty sordid," he told the Mirror. "Alfie may not be an angel and nor is Chantelle. But at the end of the day they are only children and it is the adults around them making bad decisions based on money, not their welfare."

Sim also says Chantelle's mother told him she once walked in on her young daughter having sex.

Both Richard Goodsell, 16, and 14-year-old Tyler Barker who live close to the Stedmans in Eastbourne, East Sussex, have claimed paternity.

Goodsell says he had sex at least three times with Chantelle around the time she became pregnant. "I know I could be the father," he said. "Everyone thinks I am. My friends all tell me that baby has my eyes -- even my mum thinks so."

Meanwhile, Barker says: "I slept with Chantelle about nine months ago and I'm really worried I could be the father. I hope it's not me. All my mates have been teasing me about it but this isn't funny, it's serious."

Do you think Alfie is the victim of a scam?

next: Married People: Kiss More!
R February 18, 2009, 2:08 PM

Yep.

Susie Christiansen February 18, 2009, 3:02 PM

This whole thing is a scam!This kind of crap makes me mad.I doubt that Alfie has hit puberty yet.I think the parents should be charged with child abuse for planning this scam.The girl doesn’t even know who the father is.Nice family,great morals.Anything for money.I feel sorry for the baby.Who will take care of it when Mommy wants to go out for sex again and again?

Kelli February 18, 2009, 4:47 PM

I think he is a victim. Their parents are terrible and should be thrown in jail. Who is going to take care of that baby?

Christi M R February 18, 2009, 4:54 PM

The sad think is here are these kids parents trying to make money off of children having children its just sad. The other thing that bothers me is girls like her dont even care they dont think about a life that can come out of having sexs with every guy she can get her hands on. But what really makes me mad are girls her age having babies when their are married couples like me and my husband that are trying to have children and can feed and take care of them. I just never understood that.

mercaties February 18, 2009, 6:32 PM

I don’t believe that this young woman truly knows who the father of her baby is. How sad. But the fact that she was fifteen and having sex with multiple partners especially a very very young looking thirteen year old boy is very sad. I showed the picture of this young boy to my two nieces who are fifteen and sixteen and asked them if they would date him. They both started cracking up and said are you kidding he looks like a six year old. So, I really think that this young woman needs some serious professional help. There do seem to be a-lot of conflicting reports about her parents though.

Bec Thomas February 18, 2009, 9:04 PM

I think we’ll just have to wait and see what the tests say. People are selling the rumors also and are just as likely to lie to make a financial gain as the expense of these kids.

Sarah February 19, 2009, 2:19 AM

This is just such a sad cycle that will keep repeating itself over and over again through these families until some morals and decent beliefs are instilled in these people. This poor little baby is the victim in all of this. All it wants is somebody to love it with all their being and at the moment it is just a pawn in a money making arrangement.

Millaa February 19, 2009, 2:37 AM

Somebody just call 1-866-545-MAURY already. Bring the kids over to the US and let Maury get in the mix. “When it comes to 1 week old Maisie, Alfie you are NOT the father.”

Diego El Garte February 19, 2009, 8:02 AM

A 13 year old boy becomes a father? What in the world does this poor boy family is doing? You were raising money out of your boy’s future? Where thou art decency and the morals? Do not be a god making your boys life. Let him free from this malicious deceit. World wide financial crisis affecting families such as this one, to create a story and creating scams.

hina February 19, 2009, 9:50 AM

eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkhhhhhhhhhhhh
discusting
my God
i’ve 12 years old brother….
i’ll hv to take care of him

SoMe1 February 19, 2009, 3:02 PM

GROSS!!!HE LOOKS NINE WAT DOES THE MOM SEE IN HIM?WOW DISCUSTIN

Alyssa February 22, 2009, 12:52 PM

this is horrible
if that was me i would be crying and sooo scared and would never want to be shown to the public like this.
i feel so bad for the dad mom and both of there parents

Anonymous February 27, 2009, 11:17 AM

this is the end of the warld now every 13 year old boy and 15 year old girl will do like them jest to have money

Mary…

Yiibzcij June 23, 2009, 12:36 PM

8YCq6W comment2 ,

Anonymous March 7, 2010, 10:47 AM

Lol I am a 13 year old boy and that kid is pathetic and at lest 7 years old and the 15 year old girl is a ho.this story is fake!!!

Jesus March 7, 2010, 10:49 AM

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 11:05 AM

Great site! Good reading. There’s one point to make about shirts.

Jon Edlin March 25, 2011, 5:00 AM

Great article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is really the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thx :)

Oswaldo Halwood March 30, 2011, 6:55 AM

Of course, what a fantastic site and instructive posts, I will bookmark your site.All the Best!

remote control helicopters April 7, 2011, 7:07 PM

Well written! It would be superb when you followed up on this topic. Regards!