Motherhood Fail? Liquid Cereal!

Check out a product that takes the phase "breakfast on the go" to the extreme.

cerealinacan.jpg

Kids bugging you for breakfast in the morning? Tell 'em to pop open a can of  "Liquid Breakfast" and get off your back.

This bizarre food/drink item claims to be "a combination of real cereal and fat-free milk blended into a satisfying beverage." In case you're interested, it comes in four flavors: Fruit, Apple & Cinnamon, Peanut Butter and Chocolate.

According to reports, Liquid Cereal has "the consistency of the product literally feels like finely ground cereal that is smooth, not mushy."  Mmm, breakfast never tasted so darn refreshing.

Would you feel like a major mom failure if you served this to your kid?

Related Stories:

next: Don't Tell My Co-Workers About My Sex Life
ashley February 13, 2009, 7:28 AM

I wake up every morning and make eggs or oatmeal for my family, so yeah, I’d have to be sick or something to give this to my kids. It sounds gross.

Anon February 13, 2009, 9:14 AM

I am actually thankful my child is a picky eater, because the way my mornings run sometimes, I would be sorely tempted to try this product. And I feel ashamed of myself for even admitting THAT.

melissa February 13, 2009, 12:16 PM

no, i would not be a “failure” if i gave my child this product. HOWEVER, i gagged while reading the description so i would never buy it…. gross!

Elizabeth February 13, 2009, 12:56 PM

seriously. has americans gotten so dang lazy that they can’t make breakfast? and also, what kinds of yucky things do they add to this- “natural” yeah right.

Just Me February 13, 2009, 4:13 PM

Opening a box of cereal and carton of milk and pouring them into a bowl is too much? I feel sorry for the children who’s parents would actually buy this crap.

Foodie February 16, 2009, 10:14 AM

I don’t think this is even made anymore. I’m a food industry journalist and received product samples of this stuff a few years ago (was too grossed out to try it) … haven’t seen hide nor hair of it since, until now.

MotherProof.com February 20, 2009, 1:03 PM

I’m all for convenient/healthy food on the go… but that’s just nasty!

Kristen February 23, 2009, 8:34 PM

This is just as bad as those disgusting sugar filled go-gurts that people feed their children, what is wrong with american’s today, no wonder everyone is so FAT.
Eat organic and fresh!!

Selfish Mom July 28, 2009, 8:53 PM

I don’t think I’d feel like a failure, but I’d be pretty disgusted with my kids if they liked it - it sounds gross!

One of my son’s responsibilities each morning is making breakfast for himself and (if she’s awake) his little sister. He can handle toast, bagels, cereal, frozen waffles, etc. They’re covered. They wouldn’t starve without me.

chase July 28, 2009, 9:51 PM

Um, no. Don’t degrade teaching kids how to fix a bowl of cereal to the relevance of “stick-shift or manual”. Just… no. That goes double for cereal straws. >:(

Pete August 3, 2009, 2:34 PM

Does anyone have any cans of Liquid Cereal saved? I’d be willing to buy them. I’m a freelance writer and would like to write a piece about this product. Thanks!

Pete August 3, 2009, 2:36 PM

jordan August 12, 2009, 9:34 AM

i am a kid and i would eat it just for the originality of it

Hannah November 1, 2009, 12:55 AM

I’m only thirteen: And heck yes, I’d try it.
The description alone sounded absolutely gut-wrenching, but I’d still drink it.

Derek January 4, 2010, 4:18 PM

I don’t see what’s so bad about it.. You should probably feel like a failed mom if you feed your kids “fruit”, “apple cinnamon”, “chocolate”, or “peanut butter” cereal anyway, with the ridiculous amounts of sugar in them..

Ash January 28, 2010, 9:42 AM

Your not a failure of a mom if you serve this. Then again I didn’t check the nutritional content of the cereal… beverage.

hypotheek August 8, 2010, 4:48 PM

Hypotheek informatie, hypotheek aanvragen of afsluiten? Hypotheekrentes bekijken. Hypotheek aanbieders vergelijken, hypotheek vormen, bijkomende kosten,

hypotheek August 8, 2010, 10:40 PM

Hoeveel kan ik lenen? (hypotheek). Wat worden mijn maandlasten? (hypotheek) … Hoeveel hypotheek heb ik nodig? Hoe hoog is de boete die ik nu zou moeten

Middleton27Myra October 20, 2010, 12:51 AM

When you are in a not good position and have no cash to get out from that point, you would require to take the loan. Just because it will help you for sure. I get car loan every single year and feel fine just because of that.

ClementsALLYSON31 October 24, 2010, 9:34 PM

No matter they think around professional essays, I do notcare! I have well-tried it at first and enjoyed it! Progressive research papers support team is so quick! If you never did you should. These stuff are fun and joy is nice!