My 8-Year-Old Showed Me His Penis

He wanted me and my husband to see how long it was. But I didn't know what to say!

Mom smiling

DudesMommy: Yesterday, my 8-year-old son called me and my husband into the bathroom to show us how long his penis was. Gulp!

He was really proud of his "mini-boner" and wanted us both to see.

I instantly looked away. I wasn't exactly sure WHAT to say.

My husband goes, "That's good-sized, buddy!" and I'm sure would have high-fived him if my son hadn't been going number two at the time.

After a few seconds, it deflated and my son said, "Darn, I lost it!" I took that as my exit cue, and my husband and I had a good chuckle in the kitchen.

I was happy THAT was over.

A few minutes later, I heard my son shriek: "Mommy! Daddy! Come here! It's back ... and it's BIGGER this time!"

Oh, boy. Being the mom of a son is one wild ride!

Do your boys like to show you their penises, or am I the only one?

next: Freestyle Motocross Rider Jeremy Lusk Dies
ashley February 11, 2009, 7:20 AM

My 6 year old thinks its funny that he gets “morning wood”. His uncle taught him that phrase. And yesterday he realized he had a hole in the crotch of his pajama pants and said “Look Mommy, my dingers hangin out!” I just laugh it off. I had 2 younger brothers so I heard it all. My son’t fave thing to do is show me how long his poop’s are. Now that’s disgusting!!

Red Rocket February 11, 2009, 8:11 AM

If you think this is cute now, wait until he’s 30 and doing this at elementary school playgrounds!

Gwynne February 11, 2009, 10:41 AM

My son used to be the same way. He’s 11 now, and thankfully doesn’t like to show it off anymore. LOL

Angie February 11, 2009, 11:00 AM

My son is 9 and he doesn’t like to show his off as he likes his privacy in that area but boy does he like to talk about it and he cannot keep his hands off of it. He constantly walks around with his hands down his pants and when he’s lying in bed his hands automatically go down there, lol.

anonymous February 11, 2009, 11:52 AM

Jack Green & Red Rocket, you guys need to get some help. Perhaps your problem is that you’re reading mom blogs in the middle of the day instead of earning money for your families?

GROW UP! Not everyone is as preverted as you. Thank GOD!

Bec Thomas February 11, 2009, 7:07 PM

I’m feeling glad I haven’t had the boys do this one to me!

anonymous February 12, 2009, 9:22 PM

This is all perfectly normal. The boys are simply looking for reassurance and if told that it is normal and that they are no different than anyone else, they will soon forget it …

nicci February 13, 2009, 12:14 AM

my son did the same when he was i just told him its something he should keep to himself in a nice calm vice and it hasnt happened since

Lolli February 18, 2009, 3:37 PM

I agree—totally normal in these circumstances! Now, if he was saying “Look what happens when I…”and showing Mom and Dad something inappropriate, there would be cause to worry. But, the fact is, it’s a natural thing, and little boys are just curious.

Thomas March 24, 2009, 3:59 PM

Hey its just a boy thing, like a new toy. boys also will sometimes when in garden get peckers out and see who can pee furthest. So dont worry to much it will pass

Anonymous March 18, 2010, 3:58 PM

soon he going to have his hands in a womans pants

Dj August 19, 2010, 11:29 PM

I no a kid who’s 13 and always walks up 2 girls & just puls I out sum laf sum dnt

Cindy Apple  September 1, 2010, 11:21 AM

Anonymous on March 18, 2010 say the follow remarks

Anonymous March 18, 2010, 3:58 PM

soon he going to have his hands in a womans pants

This remark came from a sicko women how is a sex predator, molester and pedophiles. Because this women of this remark would put her hands in a boy pants. You just a sicko pervert who needs consoling.

There was nothing wrong in what the 8 year old boy did with his parents. Yes he is proud in what he has. If girls have that attitude he had they would not do the gross nasty things they do with their self.

Anonymous December 27, 2010, 1:05 PM

Hey well I think u should have looked at it and said, it’s normal.

Robin Johnson  January 29, 2011, 6:50 AM

It total normal for children and teens to show their body parts to their parents.

It very important you as parents take real part in what going on. See when your child what you to be involve in what going on show a very strong open door when they need to talk.

Itr important for him or her to share how they feel and what they thinking about.

You not a pervert and it normal for a mom or dad to see their child gentiles.

See he has a very good feeling of his self and that is good. Let him be naked around the home as much as he what to and iat nothing wrong is his sister or brother see him.

Just be sure other girls and women do not get involve with him like you do. Some females think that his mom does it means we can do it. The answer is no. This is a family business. Not the lady or girl next door or his aunt, grandmother or female baby sitter.

Robin Johnson  January 29, 2011, 7:01 AM

A comment to you sicko women who post on this article. Some of you are so immature and need to grow up. Your comment show nasty remarks and off the wall remarks about boys in general.

Have son is just as wonderful as having girls. When some one put a comment on a article and make off the wall remarks show they have gender issues. They all show they are perverts and have done sexually things with children.

I am very proud of the boy what he did. The openness he has with his parents. If all children could do that just think. There would not be 80% of the problems we have.

Honesty and tell it like it is. We mothers are the one who pushes children into sex. It cause back the way we act. We mothers are not prefect. We have some many issues. Let us work on our issues and children will be better. We all know we talk about sex a lot, we like to discussed other people children gentiles. We women like to talk trash about each other. We women also know we like to see boys naked. We have sexually feeling to boys who are preteen and early teens.

How real are the people who post a comment?

Poop February 6, 2011, 2:34 PM

my lil cozion shod me his to i have told to quit but he don’t he whant me to toch it and he want to toch mine to his hand is always on it to.when I’m almost asleep he get on me when it gets hard and humps me

Poop February 6, 2011, 2:41 PM

By the way I’m a boy to and when he hips me it gets hard and we both have hardons I kind of like we he humps me it telly fills good for both of us is the somthing wrough with us

AConcernedOnlooker February 23, 2011, 6:49 PM

Wow some of you are really childish 70% of commenters on this page must be some really bored kids with nothing better to do… if you’re going to spend your time online atleast go find some online game to play

chay francis March 27, 2011, 4:53 PM