My Husband is Better Than Yours

Guest blogger mom-on-the-edge: Yes, we have our differences, we have our fights. Hell, we've been on the verge of divorce for the past year. But, my husband is better than yours and he's better for this reason: He could give two hoots about watching the Super Bowl. When I asked him who was playing he said the "Pittsburgh Pirates."

man washing dishes

So, while your husband was sucking back beers, burping the name of his favorite player and doing his own fancy version of a touchdown dance, my husband was doing the dishes. While all you sports widows out there took second place to the TV, we took our son for a nice, long walk.

Hail Super Bowl Sunday!

One hundred and forty million people watch, veritably all of our friends and neighbors, so my husband is stuck with me. It's a family day by default and I'll take it.

The only downside - I have no excuse to eat hot wings, nachos and pizza for dinner.

next: 'Baby Grace' Mom Found Guilty of Capital Murder
Anonymous February 3, 2009, 1:54 PM

My husband is better. I am sorry to tell you this. He’s not a sports fanatic and we don’t fight.

Anonymous February 3, 2009, 2:45 PM

sorry, my husband may be a sports fanatic, but he is still better than everyones (in my opinion). he is such a big help, he is amazing.

ame i. February 3, 2009, 4:23 PM

Lol!
I was widowed 5 years ago. My current husband has never been a father before but treats my daughters as his own, drives 90 miles each way to work because I don’t want to move back to “that” city, cooks like a pro and never denies anything I ask of him. We’ll call it a tie ;)

Anonymous February 3, 2009, 10:29 PM

With all due respect, isn’t this the same guy who talks to you like you’re worthless and won’t work to save your marriage?

I’d take the sports guy.

false February 4, 2009, 1:29 AM

Is this Nancy Beatie? We all know that Thomas was born a woman so you can’t compare “him” to our husbands. That would explain “his” lack of interest in watching football. lol

jw February 5, 2009, 6:35 PM

hmmm you have been on the verge of divorce for the past year and your husband would rather wash the dished than watch the biggest football game of the year…. hmmm I’m so sorry to this but I’m probably not the first so her goes… honey your husband is gay.

Forum maman March 5, 2011, 8:49 PM

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he actually purchased me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If potential, as you change into experience, would you mind updating your weblog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog publish!