Octomom Finally Admits Mistake

Nadya Suleman opened up to Dr. Phil and said that implanting more embryos was a "mistake." At last!

Nadya Suleman, Dr. Phil

On the Dr. Phil show, octomom Nadya Suleman finally admitted that having eight more children when she could barely take care of the six she already had may not have been the best idea. "In hindsight, I don't know what I was thinking," she says.

But Nadya tried to convince Dr. Phil and America that she has a plan for her babies once they come home. "The plan is definitely underway," she says, adding that she intends to live on her student loans.

She also says she will rely on volunteers to help her take care of the babies.

View the CNN video.

Multiple Mania

It's Multiple Mania!

Are you happy Nadya finally admitted her mistake?

See Also:

next: Michelle Obama: My Marriage Isn't 'Perfect'
Lige February 27, 2009, 2:55 PM

Live on her student loans huh? I’m sure that the folks who run those programs will be extremely pleased to know that instead of using the funds to pay for school she will be applying those funds to pay to feed 15 mouths.

Two things: First, that’s illegal. If she does it she should be prosecuted for fraud.

Second, just take out a large life policy and have an “accident” so the world doesn’t have to put up with this crap for the next 100 years.

Jim February 27, 2009, 2:56 PM

“The plan is definitely underway,” she says, adding that she intends to live on her student loans………How does someone live on student loans? Are they not for school?

BE February 27, 2009, 2:56 PM

hmmm don’t student loans need to be paid back? Also you need to start paying on them if you’re not in school for 6 months. Seems to me there shouldn’t be any more loans so no income.

sam laine February 27, 2009, 2:57 PM

I’m looking for volunteers to pay my morgage.
Can anyone help me out? UNREAL!

HW February 27, 2009, 2:57 PM

Why hasn’t the doctor that implanted all of those embryos ever been questioned? Isn’t it ethically his/her responsibility to not implant so many embryos since she already had 6 children? Why didn’t the doctor suggest counselling or refuse the procedure?

sebowe February 27, 2009, 2:58 PM

Does she have a plan for the tax-payers’ dollars that will have paid over $1 million for the premature babies’ hospital stay when all is said and done?

Lisa Everling February 27, 2009, 3:01 PM

First of all its NOT ILLEGAL as long as She is enrolled in a legititimate school, the funds left over after all fees are pif are hers to spend as She wishes. Ignorance has no place in society. This woman has serious issues and her children should be taken from her and the physician should lose his license to practice medicine.

Sharon Patterson February 27, 2009, 3:03 PM

I don’t understand how the mother of 14 children could even think about using student loan money to take care of all those kids. She should be ashamed of her and the fact that she has way more children that she can afford to take care of us a DISGRACE. When I went to college and took out a loan, I was hounded after I started to work to pay the money back. There are people could use a student loan for an education not to take care of children that they DON’T need. She needs to have all 14 children taken away from her.

p February 27, 2009, 3:03 PM

Dr. Phil can now give her a house and $$$$ like she was hoping all along…this is so sad and sick, she wanted to use babies to be famous and rich. Well, why not?! We live in a world that rewards the rediculous!

Janice February 27, 2009, 3:03 PM

As far as I know, student loans are for the purpose of higher education. I worked for a state university, and it’s just possible that she could be forced to repay those loans if it’s known she’s no longer in school (at least 8 credit hours).

This woman obviously didn’t think anything through and still isn’t thinking straight. Unfortunately for those 8 tiny, helpless little human beings she so thoughtlessly brought into this world. She has absolutely no means by which to care for ANY of her children, and these babes will require unbelievable amounts of care for years to come.

jan February 27, 2009, 3:04 PM

her new name should be whacko-mom

PJ Drangmeister February 27, 2009, 3:05 PM

I think the doctor should be forced to pay for upkeep of these children!

Susan February 27, 2009, 3:08 PM

If she wants to have volunteers take care of her children, she should put them up for adoption and let families who really want them take care of them.

mary  February 27, 2009, 3:08 PM

I don’t really care that she “chose” to implant all of her embryos - the babies are here and it is a miracle. Let’s move forward folks (no matter how crazy the woman is or why she did it) and help those babies. I am fine with my tax dollars taking care of premature babies. Maybe that is my maternal instinct. Again, the babies are here. She and the babies need help.

Danielle February 27, 2009, 3:09 PM

I agree she shouldve made better choices on this situation, but it is what it is now! I’m so tired of everyone downing on her, its not fair. She’s the one thats going to stresses not us. Sadly enough this is only because she’s not married or in a relationship. I say give her the money to help her financially and let it be, she was going to end up with it anyways. Nobody said anything about any other multiple births, we thought it was cool and crazy, but because the others had husbands with part time jobs, we couldnt say much, they were handed money and everyone went on with their lives? Then we get updates as they get older….. help the girl out and lets move on

Ron February 27, 2009, 3:10 PM

This woman does have some form of parenting needs. I say that it seems she must have dependent people in her need.

marty February 27, 2009, 3:14 PM

where are all the pro choice protesters , put down your signs and help out with a check

Barb Wenger February 27, 2009, 3:14 PM

The bottom line is the children. They did not ask for this. Their needs are the same as any other infant. Too many children suffer because their parents have made mistakes. Children do not ask to be brought up in brken homes or poverty. They do not ask to be beaten or abandoned. They are innocent, yet they bear the pain of their parent’s mistakes. My heart goes out to these childrem. With all the negative views and pubplicity their mother has had, it is only a matter of time before their peers will relentless tease them. People do make mistakes. 86% of Americans claim to be Christians, where is the forgiveness in your heart?
The mother and the children need help. Where’s the humanity in turning America’s back?

sue February 27, 2009, 3:14 PM

To many married couples want child and can afford child, let them have them.

Deanna February 27, 2009, 3:15 PM

This girl is a moron. But somewhere she learned to mooch off the system and live off the government, which supports her through working taxpayers like myself. If she likes kids so much, she should have gotten a JOB in a daycare center rather than having a brood that she cannot take care of.