Octomom Finally Admits Mistake

Nadya Suleman opened up to Dr. Phil and said that implanting more embryos was a "mistake." At last!

Nadya Suleman, Dr. Phil

On the Dr. Phil show, octomom Nadya Suleman finally admitted that having eight more children when she could barely take care of the six she already had may not have been the best idea. "In hindsight, I don't know what I was thinking," she says.

But Nadya tried to convince Dr. Phil and America that she has a plan for her babies once they come home. "The plan is definitely underway," she says, adding that she intends to live on her student loans.

She also says she will rely on volunteers to help her take care of the babies.

View the CNN video.

Multiple Mania

It's Multiple Mania!

Are you happy Nadya finally admitted her mistake?

See Also:

next: Michelle Obama: My Marriage Isn't 'Perfect'
Amber February 27, 2009, 3:58 PM

I agree the children need help. However, I would not contribute to any fund that is controlled by the mother. She has shown how irresponsible she is. Show the public that someone responsible will administer the money and I’ll contribute.

Joseph February 27, 2009, 3:58 PM

Stop ripping on her! She is only doing what she knows best. Obviously some of you thinking otherwise, have to say mean things. Maybe you feel better now, eh? Though, I doubt it. It was a LOT of work raising 2 children just over a year apart in age, especially those first few years. And both of us parents having to work to pay ALL the bills. In this wonderful state of California, where everything is over-priced, I can NOT even imagine in my most horrid nightmares, what the next few years will be like for that single mother, and her family. I do wish them all the best!

~Joseph

sennmiller February 27, 2009, 3:59 PM

If you can’t take care of six children, what makes you think you can ruin eight more little lives! Maybe she should give them to a more loving family. One that is suitable to raise them. Very selfish of her!!!!!!

summer February 27, 2009, 4:00 PM

well she may not get her student loans if they read this, they are not given to you to raise your kids, what a freaking moron. and what if nobody volunteers to care for the kids, she can’t expect other ppl to take care of her kids, if she can’t do it her self, put them up for adoption.

Anna February 27, 2009, 4:00 PM

right on Kathy..

Renne February 27, 2009, 4:00 PM

Wait until she can’t care for the kids and then remove them and adopt them out…together if necessary. She obviously can’t care for them, and since this birth was deliberately planned, we can only surmise that she is abusive…forcing those kids to live in bad living conditions. As for removing them “making a mess out of them”. She’s already been far more effective at that than removing the children can be.

Annette DeCuir' February 27, 2009, 4:00 PM

First of all, is no one considering the fact that this woman PAID to have these eggs implanted! This tells me that what she did was deliberate to generate the fame and fortune that would follow her for having these babies. On that note, yes I feel for the children but not enough to dig in my pocket and take from MY kids, whom I take care of, and give to this money-hungry woman!

ezmeralda February 27, 2009, 4:01 PM

At least she is an american citizen. We take care of illegal babies, why not some of our own. Everyone just needs to leave her alone and mind their business unless they are going to help her and her children. No one has the right to judge her.

Beth February 27, 2009, 4:01 PM

To be perfectly honest, I think she is ridiculous, she is using those children to get rich quick.. Those poor baby’s and the her other 6 children, I think they shou;d all be taken away from her and given to the families of people who cannot get pregnant and want children. Think about it people everytime she shows up on TV she is making some kind of money!!! I don’t think our money shou;d be paying for people like her to live, what about us who work hard and still can’t make ends meet and cannot afford health care for our children. Who is going to help us, we cannot get medicaid, even if er only make 2000 a month that doesn’t pay for anything these days!!! She disgusts me, she does not deserve any of those children!!!! The children deserve better!!!!

Josh February 27, 2009, 4:01 PM

If there was such a thing as god we wouldn’t have people like her around.

Dallas February 27, 2009, 4:02 PM

Nadya, Michael. Michael, Nadya. These two should meet! They have so much in common….they can discuss plastic surgeries and having children they both don’t have a clue how to raise normally!
Two examples of IVF run amuck…

Debbie February 27, 2009, 4:02 PM

Wow? I can’t believe what I’ve been reading. Make her get sterilized? Forcibly take her children from her? Look, I don’t like what she did either, but when the government starts telling you how many kids you can have based on your income, we might as well live in a communist state. If you have a problem with her and her kids, then you must have a problem with all of the other “welfare moms” out there who have more than one child, too. Keep in mind that whatever you want the government to do to her will come back on everyone else who needs help.

Distressed in Texas February 27, 2009, 4:03 PM

Any one that has 14 children and no place for them to grow up in and how to feed them, has to have some sort of mental problem, not to have thought of this before hand. The whole family must have mental problems. This woman has never given any thought about how she would manage 14 children. This is a real problem wanting to live off the government and whatever people will give her. She has a real mental problem.

Give me a Break! February 27, 2009, 4:03 PM

She admits that she made a mistake? Duh! She doesn’t seem capable of making a decision at all! The doctor who did this insemination should loose his license and be imprisoned! Now that her ‘mistakes’ are born, who is going to take care of them. Why can’t we sterilize people like this who hardly know what day it is?

PB February 27, 2009, 4:03 PM

Once again people like Sue thought we should just give away babies like they are the lottery .I think with supervised help the mother of the only Octuplets thats survived(all Eight) has our counrties treasure please everyone get off your high horses and leave her to raise them. I am sure in your family tree someone gets assistance from our goverment.Even you blueblood thinkers.If you can’t have children dont seek out this woman she has enough to worry about.Maybe give her advise like the Dugger Family has on raising 18 children and counting?

Antonia February 27, 2009, 4:04 PM

She is mentally ill and so is her doctor. I had cancer and I was told that I can’t have any kids. Do you know how this whole thing makes people like me feel? She’s disgusting.

ash February 27, 2009, 4:04 PM

She wasn’t thinking. She also didn’t realize that those frozen embryos weren’t alive until she had them implanted. But now they are alive and they are a problem. I can’t see this turning out well. For the welfare of those eight children, she should give them up for adoption, although that probably won’t happen since she says she loves all her kids.

Tamara February 27, 2009, 4:05 PM

Hello! For those who feel people should back off of her, you are totally wrong. When she had the first set of babies, she had the money to take care of them. She then used the money she could have used to take care of them to pay for the oppurtunity to have more. Why whine about not having money, when she had it and foolishly used it to get pregnant again. Why? Well, I will tell you, she is a scam artist and wants more money. We shouldn’t back off from her, she should have those kids taken off of her. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Please, anybody can have children, but it takes a real parent to raise them and provide for them. If she knew she couldnt take care of the first set, why get pregnant again.

Paul February 27, 2009, 4:06 PM

Leave this woman alone? She is the one out their pimping her kids to the world. Why not tell her to shut her mouth? I am a christian and I see some comments about compassion and throwing the first stone. Let me say that when I stand before whatever God you believe in, I will stand proudly and say that I never pimped my child, stole money from the government, or stole money from my fellow citizens. This woman has done all those, and I feel very confident in judging her. This woman is a a liar, who has changed her story every time its gets a negative comment. She is sick because she had the kids to fulfill a need inside her. Place these children in adoptive homes. Come on people! Do you also respond to those email messages about people giving away money in Africa? We need to stop asking others to do our thinking. Open your eyes, use your brains, that is what GOD would want.

Sherry February 27, 2009, 4:07 PM

It becomes your business when it comes out of your pocket, as in welfare, and when they grow up in poverty and become criminals. She made her bed now she has to deal with it. Which in this a case maybe public scrutiny.