Octuplets Mom Wants YOUR Money

It was only a matter of time ...

Nadya Suleman has started a family website asking for online donations.

The opening greeting says: "We thank you for the love and good wishes sent to us from around the world. The octuplets arrived on 1-26-09. They are all healthy and getting stronger by the day."

The website features pictures of each baby, along with their names and birth weights, in a section called "Meet the Octuplets."

Oddly, all photos on the site appear to be stills from Nadya's NBC interview. No original photos in sight so far.

nadya sulemans site

There is a place to leave a comment for Nadya herself. But these comments are not live, so you can't see what others are saying. (Maybe that's a good thing.)

Of course, the site offers visitors the option of donating funds via Pay Pal. No surprise there. It also gives Nadya's publicist's address in case people want to make cash/check donations or send items.

Nadya's financial situation is reportedly pretty dire. The mom of 14 children, has no job, no income and, according to the Los Angeles Times, owes $50,000 in student loans, not to mention the millions of dollars in medical bills that she racked up delivering her eight new babies. Ultimately it will be taxpayers paying to support her and her massive brood.

next: I'm Ready to Judge Casey Anthony
mike hilton February 11, 2009, 1:12 PM

Well for what i have read and seen, I live here and PA. and I would if i was your gov. I would go after the doctor and make him pay for the raising of those 14 kids. For I feel that he knew and she also knew what they were doing and need to face up and pay the bills. for I see he is realy the Father of those babies, they should make him pay child suport.

MarMar February 11, 2009, 1:24 PM

Since these photos are all stills from NBC - and are easily available on the internet for anyone - are we sure this is really her site and not a scam?

redmum February 11, 2009, 1:27 PM

Gather the villagers, we got us a witch hunt.

Jo February 11, 2009, 1:31 PM

I think Nadya needs to seek care for mental problem. Let the childern go to loving homes that a begging for childern. by here mental state she should not be rasing them.

Robert February 11, 2009, 1:56 PM

She should be sterilized. We don’t need stupid people breeding when they can’t even support themselves. The government should mandate that one of the conditions to receiving welfare or food stamps is immediate sterilization.

Donna H. February 11, 2009, 1:58 PM

Are you in the lest bit suprised? I’m sure not. Unfortunately, many businesses and individuals will fall as suckers to this Oh, So Obvious money making ploy. She probably saw the goodies the family from John & Kate Plus 8 were getting and figured she could do it too.

It’s such a shame for the kids… and I heard her say in one interview that she is contemplating trying again for a 3rd go around.

Sara February 11, 2009, 2:12 PM

I sure hope people do not offer her money. She did this herself. Unfortunately though, the kids will pay the price. I wish that the state would take the kids and put them up for adoption to parents that desperately want kids and are ready to handle them. There is no way she can handle 14 children, eight of them being babies! Not to mention a decision like she made shows she has mental competency issues. Poor kids. :(

Lisa February 11, 2009, 2:20 PM

If people wish to donate money…think again. Donate it to a charity for people who had had to face tragedies or problems that they did NOT create for themselves..unlike this nutjob of a woman. Noone told her to go out and reproduce like the energizer bunny.

Anonymous February 11, 2009, 2:20 PM

I sure won’t be sending her money. I hope no one else does. Who cares about her student loans? I owe them too. I am not going to bring innocent kids in the world to use as paychecks. She should be ashamed. I know there are idiots that will send her money.

marcy February 11, 2009, 2:26 PM

i totally agree with jo….there are so many families who go thru fertility issues and treatments and never even produce a single healthy live baby let alone 8!…..she does not deserve to raise them…..they should go to loving families who could raise them properly…but hey we live in a country where this can and did happen…..so let the rest of us foot the bill for her complete and utter stupidity?…..canada looks more and more better every day.

Mario February 11, 2009, 2:29 PM

I have a donation for this situation. I would like a qualified Attorney to get these children away form this nutjob and into a home where the parent(s) have the amount of commone sense to reaise a child in todays world. I believe there are other who would donate to that cause…All I can say is poor babies!

SesshoumarusGirl February 11, 2009, 2:45 PM

This “Mama” needs a psychologist, not paypal donations!

Sandy February 11, 2009, 2:46 PM

She has serious mental issues and should not receive a single penny from anybody. I don’t feel sorry for her, having 14 kids and no job or responsibilities. Seriously, wee all have our own money issues, she should not get a hand out because she made poor choices.

Anonymous February 11, 2009, 2:48 PM

I feel that if they decided to go ahead with having all these children then they should support them, themselves. Many of us are single moms with 2 to 3 children and are made to take care of our own responsibilities, so the same should go for this mother, and she isint a single mom. I feel anyone who donates money is just a fool. like grama used to say u had them u raise them. and dont ask for hand outs, we all work hard for our families and this one is no more special then anyone elses, she was just dumb about her decisions and now wants the world to pay her for those decisions, please thats pathetic take care of your own!!!

MEM February 11, 2009, 2:58 PM

It’s pretty sad that even her own mother talks about how she’s made really bad choices and that she’s lied! She said that she didn’t recieve welfare on the interview the other night but then this morning said she has gotten food stamps. Isn’t food stamps a form of welfare???

Anonymous February 11, 2009, 3:08 PM

I think that the reaction of the general public is sad. Yes, she did make the decision to have all of these children but we should not make these innocent souls pay for their mothers mistake. Who knows why she did this,but really who are we to stipulate? I know my tax money is going to help those kids, and honestly I would rather it keep those kids fed than know they are going without and are hungry.

Thomas Razo February 11, 2009, 3:09 PM

I live in California, and unlike Nadya, I HAVE A JOB! I will not donate a cent to this selfish person because as a tax paying citizen she is already going to get alot of my money against my wishes. California is so cash strapped people are getting IOU’s for their tax returns and now she wants us to donate her irresponsible self because “I love children and I had a bad childhood, just ask my parents WHOM I LIVE WITH AND HELP TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS.” Hey, I love BMW cars but I’m not getting one because I CAN’T AFFORD IT!

If you want money, go to the IV clinic of the sperm donor. They helped in this mess.

KP February 11, 2009, 3:09 PM

This entire story just makes me so mad, her children should be put up for adoption because she cannot take care of them.
I am very angry that she is able to get SSI, we have a daughter with aspergers(a form of autism) and we have never even considered taking SSI.
Next she will file for bankruptcy and get all of the octuplets on SSI and then she will be living the high life and taking other peoples money. THis is WRONG!!!

FA SUN February 11, 2009, 3:13 PM

DO NOT donate to the website. If anything, donate to CA, since it has been footing the bills for years, despite being broke.

Karen February 11, 2009, 3:26 PM

She had them - let her pay for them! I have no sympathy for her in the least - She’s already cost the taxpayers a fortune. As far as I am concerned, and from what I’ve read so far everyone else, it was her decision and it is her RESPONSIBILITY!!!!