Octuplets Mom Wants YOUR Money

It was only a matter of time ...

Nadya Suleman has started a family website asking for online donations.

The opening greeting says: "We thank you for the love and good wishes sent to us from around the world. The octuplets arrived on 1-26-09. They are all healthy and getting stronger by the day."

The website features pictures of each baby, along with their names and birth weights, in a section called "Meet the Octuplets."

Oddly, all photos on the site appear to be stills from Nadya's NBC interview. No original photos in sight so far.

nadya sulemans site

There is a place to leave a comment for Nadya herself. But these comments are not live, so you can't see what others are saying. (Maybe that's a good thing.)

Of course, the site offers visitors the option of donating funds via Pay Pal. No surprise there. It also gives Nadya's publicist's address in case people want to make cash/check donations or send items.

Nadya's financial situation is reportedly pretty dire. The mom of 14 children, has no job, no income and, according to the Los Angeles Times, owes $50,000 in student loans, not to mention the millions of dollars in medical bills that she racked up delivering her eight new babies. Ultimately it will be taxpayers paying to support her and her massive brood.

next: I'm Ready to Judge Casey Anthony
Kelsey February 11, 2009, 5:15 PM

Look at all of these people, willing to cast the first stone.

If you don’t have items or money for these people.. move on!

You credit the doctor and this woman’s neediness and womb for there existence. Since when can you create a human being!

God creates and allows. He is also a father to the fatherless, when all you can do is gawk.
She didn’t throw them in a trashbag did she?
Everyone should judge themselves. Cancel your cable for a month so you can send her some diapers… or find something productive to do.

Nicole February 11, 2009, 5:28 PM

Here was my biggest question after watching last nights interview…she keeps playing the “responsible parent” card and talking about how she’s finishing her education. Well A. you can’t pay for/finish your education when you’re living off the student loans. B. What good is an education gonna do you, no single income job she gets is going to be enough to even pay for childcare! This lady is OUT OF HER MIND!

Tami February 11, 2009, 5:33 PM

Give me a break with all the “God creates” stuff. God didn’t create this situation, Nadya Suleman did! You tell these poor 14 children years from now when they’re all screwed up by how they’ve had to grow up, that God was there as their father the whole time. I’m sure that will fill the grand canyon size hole in their lives. Not likely.

Michele February 11, 2009, 5:44 PM

I didn’t have a great childhood either. I don’t think there is anyone that can say they had a great one. I had student loans and I am also a single mother of three. Guess what? I went to school and had a full time job. Also my girls are now grown up and all are doing fine. They did wear hand me downs and we ate hot dogs and mac and cheese. I think this mother of 14 kids needs to get a job. If she has student loans she must have some education. Maybe not in mother hood. Go To Work and pay your own way. My daughter was a Marine and I have one that works at a great job at a bank and the youngest is in college paying her own way. Try it sometime

sally February 11, 2009, 5:46 PM

This woman had 6 children already.For heavens sake, why did she need more? what kind of a doctor did not perform a psychologocial assesment prior to transferring embryos? If a person has an autistic child and she is a single mother, why would a doctor do this procedure? Why would he not refuse treating her on that ground itself? the bigger sin is transferring 6 embryos at one time knowing fully well that embryos can double after they are transferred increasing the number. The problems with fallopian tubes have nothing to do with the utrus’s ability to handle the implantation. her problem was inability to get pregnant naturaly, but she was able to have succesful pregnancy once the embryos were directly implanted and already had a set of twins with this procedure. So why would the IVF doctor implant 6 embryos? especially on a single mom with a history of twins and autism? Also she was unable to pay for the procedure, so how did he shink she was going to able to support them in the future? The lady herself looks and thinks deranged and i am surprised that the doctor couldnt see through it. She has created a burden on the society living off of welfare and workman’s comp and now thinks she can get people’s support or entertainment money? People like this need to be in an asylum.

M Larsen February 11, 2009, 5:46 PM

Don’t tell me to cancel cable and send her diapers. She can have as many babies as she wants so long as she pays for them. But it looks as if she expects our taxes to go to her support. If she thought education was so important she would have finished school before she had more babies. I believe she never gave one thought about anything but having babies. I don’t believe she gave a thought to how they were going to be housed or fed or clothed. Her mother is taking care of her other 6. That woman is a saint for taking on 6 kids 7 and under in middle age. If Nadya had to take care of the 6 by herself she never would have had the next 8.

anonymous February 11, 2009, 5:50 PM

Although I may not agree with how this came to be(IVF of 6 frozen embryos), I am ashamed of Americans, especially those who call themselves Christians, who have forgotten that there are 14 real children involved in this media frenzy. These precious babies and their siblings are not guilty of anything and as a community, we should rally around them. I hope she does get help as the children should be able to remain together as a family. To split up these multiples would be devasting in the long run. Do you all really want them all put in a foster care system which is already overburdened and not always the healthiest of situations either?
Please remember the children regardless of how you feel about their mother.

jcast February 11, 2009, 5:55 PM

Unfortunately, this is a sad situation for everyone.. these poor innocent children were brought into this world by a woman who has no commen sense and thinks that she can get the luxuries of what others before her have gotten when they’ve had multiples.. but it doesnt work tht way when you are not equipped to take care of 14 children let alone herself! She is in desperate need of counseling, and my heart is saddened for these beautiful children who may end up getting separated from each other. i hope that they can at least keep some of them together.. how sad it would be to grow up through life not knowing that you have many other siblings.. i hope that they do not allow her to go at this again!

Star February 11, 2009, 6:10 PM

As far as I can tell just from listening to the things that she says she is very disillusioned about a lot of things. Unemployed yet she is going to support these children with student loans? She doesn’t see recieving food stamps as recieving welfare? Well she had to apply for it at the same place millions of other families do so I don’t know what else you would call it. I like how on the website no pictures of her first 6 kids. Are they not just as important as these 8? I have no sympathy for this woman. Who I do have sympathy for are all the many women out there who try and try and can’t have children and this one pops them out like puppies. I also feel for her parents, from what the mother is saying she knows her daughter has problems. But so far she has fooled enough people to get this far. I wish the media would quit broadcasting anything about her. Wonder what life will be like in 5, 10, 15 years for these children and this woman.

Ellen Lopes February 11, 2009, 6:26 PM

I say if you don’t want to donate anything, don’t ! If you do want to, then do so by all means. As in anything, it is your decision. However,to indicate that one should not donate based on someone else’s opinion, is ridiculous. Personally,just because she doesn’t fit into some preconceived “box”, everyone has something negative to say. No matter what your opinion, good God, have a little more kindness in your soul.

Audrey February 11, 2009, 6:46 PM

What didn’t this Dr. understand that this girl is not even 30yrs and decided to have these children. She’s looking for a payday. No job since 2003 and living on student loans…. everyone is trying to pay back their loans. She’s looking to depend on the people at her church and friends and family….why is she looking for the church people to support her.I’m sorry for these children but she needs to take care of them herself and the so call babies daddy. She’s not even 30YEARS OLD WITH 14 BABIES.

Anonymous February 11, 2009, 8:28 PM

whatever welfare (foodstamps) she was getting at the time she chose to get pregnant should be the maximum she ever receives. The doctor who implanted those 8 embryos should be brought up on ethics charges at the very least. I am a single mother myself. I received no welfare of any kind. Was it a struggle- yes. Did I wANT MORE THAN 2 CHILDREN -yes. Did I have more children - no. because I knew I could not afford more. we all have choices to make in life. She made the wrong one and now the children (all 14 of them) as well as the tax payer will be the ones to pay the price.

RD in CT February 11, 2009, 8:33 PM

Shockingly irresponsible behavior. As if 6 kids weren’t enough. Adopt the children to good families that can support raising them and not on the taxpayers dime. She should get her tubes tied.

twinmom February 11, 2009, 8:37 PM

I am a very conservative republican & I feel that our country is going to hell in a handbasket due to our welfare & social programs. Why aren’t you all mad at the ppl who are your next door neighbors that are “accidentally” getting pregnant & on welfare? They keep having more & more kids too just in a different way. You think she shouldn’t have kids because she has to pay for procedures to be a mother rather than get “accidentallly” get pregnant? Everywhere I look there are ppl having kids to get a check from the state. At least she loves her kids. The welfare system makes me sick but, I don’t see how she’s any different then even Jon & Kate who were also on welfare. The welfare system pisses me off & if everyone is tired of ppl “abusing” the system then maybe we should be electing the ppl to make the cuts that are neccesary to motivate ppl to stop having kids & get a job.

Anon February 11, 2009, 8:56 PM

The difference between a natural birth and IVF is huge. To liken her situation to someone who gets preganant down the road naturally is not even remotly logical. This woman was on welfare, had six kids she could not take care of; decided she wanted to add to that mess; had six more embryo’s implanted; and walla she now has 14 kids.

For those of you who think that everyone should stay out of her business. Remember one thing. SHE IS THE ONE THAT HAS POSTED A WEBSITE ASKING FOR MONEY She has put herself out there in the hopes of capital gain through the birth of these children. Therefore, she is the one that wants to be a celebrity. SHE IS GETTING WHAT SHE WANTS…. ATTENTION!!

She needs to be neutered and sent to a mental hospital.

linda February 11, 2009, 9:19 PM

If I had 17 CATS, the SPCA would remove them and I would be considered a “hoarder” and advised to seek treatment. And that is with CATS!! People…this lady is NOT going to be able to nurture these 14 children.

bfgair February 11, 2009, 9:30 PM

It is sad to watch those beautiful little children in the care of someone that only wants fame and has no idea of what she is doing to those sweet little souls. Those sweet little souls could make so many other childless couples so happy and the children would be so much better off than with a mother that has not the first clue of what she has done.
True love is always thinking of the others involved and not how to start her own tv talk show. WAKE UP THIS IS REALITY AND THOSE CHILDREN ARE SUFFERING

cccc February 11, 2009, 9:53 PM

This is just a start.. With unemployment rising at an exponential rate many single women will be having babies for money. They will simple go to the bar and have a one night stand. Now that the latest story has just advertised to the world how much she gets in food stamps and the $800 per month currently for each child in California which most likely will increase under this new stimulus bill we will see an increase. It is simply ironic that this is happening now. We will see an exponential increase in single mothers and quite honestly I will be joining them.. I don’t see how the new liberal government can possible stop it. How can they implement rules? How can they legally stop single women from getting pregnant? I think we are screwed.

scout February 11, 2009, 10:11 PM

Nadya Suleman is happily living off both State and Federal taxpayers with her 10 years worth of monthly Workers’ Compensation payments, her 3 children’s social security disability payments, her monthly food stamps and all her family’s covered medical bills (including the octuplet’s current birth and hospital stay and treatment).

Our taxes should go to honest and hard working people who’ve been hit by a major illness, accident or job loss, not to someone who’s made living off the system a way of life.

Sacramento Mom February 11, 2009, 10:13 PM

I am a stay home mom of a amazing girl. My hubby and I love spending all our time with her. Teaching her how to crawl, talk, use the potty etc. We just can’t understand how this women thinks she could really be a mom to all of this children. Children need a lot of your time and love. I just think this women needs some serious help emotionally. The governor should make sure that she gets no help with money or anything else. She should have really thought about what it takes to raise her children. Her parents are raising her children now. She is lost in happy land somewhere. I really feel for the children.