Octuplets Mom Wants YOUR Money

It was only a matter of time ...

Nadya Suleman has started a family website asking for online donations.

The opening greeting says: "We thank you for the love and good wishes sent to us from around the world. The octuplets arrived on 1-26-09. They are all healthy and getting stronger by the day."

The website features pictures of each baby, along with their names and birth weights, in a section called "Meet the Octuplets."

Oddly, all photos on the site appear to be stills from Nadya's NBC interview. No original photos in sight so far.

nadya sulemans site

There is a place to leave a comment for Nadya herself. But these comments are not live, so you can't see what others are saying. (Maybe that's a good thing.)

Of course, the site offers visitors the option of donating funds via Pay Pal. No surprise there. It also gives Nadya's publicist's address in case people want to make cash/check donations or send items.

Nadya's financial situation is reportedly pretty dire. The mom of 14 children, has no job, no income and, according to the Los Angeles Times, owes $50,000 in student loans, not to mention the millions of dollars in medical bills that she racked up delivering her eight new babies. Ultimately it will be taxpayers paying to support her and her massive brood.

next: I'm Ready to Judge Casey Anthony
Anonymous February 11, 2009, 10:15 PM

I think the Dr who performed this needs to have a little punishment for his actions in this. Maybe for all the couples out there that really want children and can not afford invetro themselves…maybe he should do some free will donations of this for his part in this mess. I do feel for the children, they are the innocient ones. They deserve to have a normal life which does not look possible in this situation. They will never get the proper love and attention they deserve with 14 children. Being the mother of 2 children there are times that I feel I do not give one child as much attention as the other working full time. Best of luck to her in figuring out the working full time and taking care of 14 children all at the same time. For the sake of the children I hope there is a psyciatric evaluation in the future for this mother.

Non Breeder February 11, 2009, 10:24 PM

This disgusts me. How dare this idiot continue to have children when she already has 3 on the government payroll? This woman should have been spayed rather than implanted!

Deisy February 11, 2009, 10:24 PM

despite her obvious mental problems which have caused her to use children for money i’d like to know how in the world she was able to pay for the procedure to get pregnant in the first place. i have worked in the fertility business and the desperate and wonderful people that want children have to spend thousands of dollars on a long shot. all i’m saying is she should be able to pay to raise kids if she managed to pay to make them.

Anonymous February 11, 2009, 10:28 PM

It is time that we now focus on the children and not her. If she needs the help we should give it to her.

amanda February 11, 2009, 10:43 PM

i agree she made an irrational decision and i agree that nobody should make a monetary donation, the state of california already is, however i do believe that if the children can not be fed or provided for child protective services should already be involved and going back to school should not be an option at all, she has enough schooling to get a decent job though she will still need public assistance to make ends meet even if she gets a good job, she irresponsibly brought life into this world that she can not afford, but the good Lord did ultimately give their lives to her, now she has some serious decisons to make…..and if she doesn’t make them soon, the state of california really should make the decisions…

Snickers February 11, 2009, 10:46 PM

I am outraged by how irresponsible this women is and how reckless she could be with these 8 innocent babies lives and futures. If she is feeding the first 6 with food stamps what chance do any of them have to go to college, or even play little league for that matter. She could not afford 8 uniforms for them. Then she sets up a website for donations, I would not give her a penny. She is a bottom feeder!

James Bond February 11, 2009, 11:01 PM

Nobody has said this,but I have to.
OCTOPUSSY!
There,let us milk this story for all the LULZ that it can be milked for!
OCTOPUSSY!

Darleena February 11, 2009, 11:18 PM

I woild love to leave those kids alone! Totally alone! I do NOT want ONE DIME of my hard earned money to go to those kids! I would prefer the money I earned go to MY family! I would be more than happy to take care of my own, and I do! But I do NOT want to take care of others!! At least others like HER!

Keesha February 11, 2009, 11:23 PM

I am curious if she has no job who paid for the invitro fertilization? They should be the one to help her care for her tribe!!!!!

rp February 11, 2009, 11:24 PM

MAYBE GOD WILL GET NAYDIA MENTAL MENTAL!

Kristin February 11, 2009, 11:51 PM

All I can think is…the poor kids. They are the ones who are going to suffer.

cheryl February 11, 2009, 11:56 PM

I live here in California, too, and no one is giving me money to support my children. You had them, you support them. BTW, disability and food stamps are welfare, you stupid woman!!!

BlueyedAngel February 12, 2009, 12:35 AM

I just heard on the news. That she gets 2300.00 a mth from the government. She gets about 500.00 in food stamps (the family does have to eat), and she gets 600.00 a piece for the 3 children who have disabilities. Didn’t she just say, that she received nothing and was looking for nothing? I knew that was a crock. I feel her and the Dr. planned this to get rich quick. I hope the medical assoc. is looking into his practice. I bet there is something there to be found. This whole situation is so sad. Her Mother said that she (herself) is tired and wishes that Nadya would come home and take care of her own children. She doesn’t understand what is going on in her daughter’s head. Oh, btw…I also heard (not sure if true) that they are thinking about going to the sperm donor for child support (since she says she knows who he is). Hmmmm…maybe, I am wrong here, but, I didn’t know they told you the sperm donors name. Does anyone know the answer to that question? Thank you…

Samantha February 12, 2009, 1:37 AM

This makes me sick she is selfish there are people out there that can’t have kids or try to have kids and pay all the money for in vitro and all that still have to pay for their hospital bills that aren’t on Welfare. Because medical and food stamps are still considered welfare. She should have stopped having kids after the 7 she already has. She should put these kids up for adoption for people that can’t have kids

Anonymous February 12, 2009, 5:12 AM

We had problems already with irresponsible people having babies on welfare. Providing this woman with money, tv shows and donations only encourages more selfish irresponsible people to run out and do the same thing. Nadya’s mother stated in an interview that she was not aware that her daughter was receiving disability payments, because her daughter was not giving her any money to help out. For all the parents out there, please let this be a lesson, don’t spoil your children. I believe Nadya has no respect for her parents or anyone else because she is too caught up on what she wants. Signs of spoiling. Also, in an early interview with one of her neighbors, her neighbor stated that Nadya said that her financial situation was good with her 6 other children because “she’s getting paid to have them.” The main point is, she shouldn’t have gone in to have IVF for even 1 more child, when she couldn’t afford the ones she already has. And why are people so upset with what she did? Because people like myself, 38 years-old, have not had 1 child yet because with 2 incomes we can barely afford the cost of living for 2 of us, let alone bringing a child into the world. We try to be responsible and do the right thing, then you have people like Nadya who take more of our tax paying money for her selfish wants. We have the right to be mad, we’re paying for her to raise those children!

yess1954 February 12, 2009, 5:13 AM

It would seem to me that the best case scenario at this point would be to have a Social Worker assigned to this case who can help find a job for the mother and educational day care for the children and babies while Mom works for a living. She might even be supplied with a home helper, but the initial need is for the mom to get a job. If she has student loans, then she must have gone to college, so she is probably able to get a well paying job. The fact that she knows who the father is, and refuses to allow him to contribute financially to the upkeep of his own children is selfish. The state must take her to court and force her to accept child support from him or have her SSI suspended, until she conforms.

This is truly a sad case of the mad doctor and the wild client producing an anomaly of a social situation that is being dumped onto the grandparents and society. What the doctor did is criminal behavior, endangeriing the life of the mother, and the mental health and welfare of all the children involved. He needs to contribute to the child support of these children as well.

From what I read already, there at the house is food on the walls and clothing deposited everywhere…if a social worker were to walk into this house, how would she/he react to this situation? Could he/she say that this is an appropriate environment for the children to live in? If the mother wanted to be around children so much, then she should have become a teacher or a pediatric nurse. But to have a classroom sized family, well, that speaks volumes for her development of responsibility. She needs to be kept to the same standards that all other parents are kept to, before their children are taken away.

And what is this I hear now, that she is living in a hotel!!! Someone needs to check this situation out and soon!!!

isabel February 12, 2009, 8:46 AM

she is already receiving ssi benefits for disabled chidren from the state she lives in, its supposed to be for food, clothing and shelter, for the children. the newborns will probably be receiving benefits each of them as well because they were born premature, the maximum the federal government pays for those benefits is $674.00 per month per person. plus medicaid, unfortunately we tax payers are already paying this bills, and their support. she will get all this state aid plus food stamps. Isn’t the State of California in crisis. she should be investigated or the children removed and given to families who will handle their benefits properly.

Mr.Z February 12, 2009, 8:50 AM

Ummmm, arnt responsible parents supposed to make sure they are finacially stable before having kids? Let alone 14!!!! She had 6 to begin with! Awwww not getting all the free public support you figured you would get?

anna February 12, 2009, 8:51 AM

I think she is sick in the head and should have all her children removed from her,she is a sorry excuse for a mother she just want’s checks,checks,checks. I hope that all 8 of those babies get taken away from her that would answer alot of prayers. I hope people don’t give her a dime, make her suffer for the poor choice she made.

Nancy February 12, 2009, 9:01 AM

While I think her having this many children on purpose as a single woman with no funds to raise them is beyond stupid some of these responses are nearly as stupid. It would be very dangereous to force sterilization on anyone, that was done before in this Country with tragic results as was forced lobotomies. It would also be dangerous to just take away a persons children based on thier stupidity. I think the children should be monitored by child welfare to make sure she is able to meet thier needs, she should be offered visiting nurses and other services that anyone with very premature babies gets (I had preemie twins years ago.