Octuplets Mom Wants YOUR Money

It was only a matter of time ...

Nadya Suleman has started a family website asking for online donations.

The opening greeting says: "We thank you for the love and good wishes sent to us from around the world. The octuplets arrived on 1-26-09. They are all healthy and getting stronger by the day."

The website features pictures of each baby, along with their names and birth weights, in a section called "Meet the Octuplets."

Oddly, all photos on the site appear to be stills from Nadya's NBC interview. No original photos in sight so far.

nadya sulemans site

There is a place to leave a comment for Nadya herself. But these comments are not live, so you can't see what others are saying. (Maybe that's a good thing.)

Of course, the site offers visitors the option of donating funds via Pay Pal. No surprise there. It also gives Nadya's publicist's address in case people want to make cash/check donations or send items.

Nadya's financial situation is reportedly pretty dire. The mom of 14 children, has no job, no income and, according to the Los Angeles Times, owes $50,000 in student loans, not to mention the millions of dollars in medical bills that she racked up delivering her eight new babies. Ultimately it will be taxpayers paying to support her and her massive brood.

next: I'm Ready to Judge Casey Anthony
Jaime February 12, 2009, 9:09 AM

I can’t believe that people would even donate to this woman. Whom, as it has already been said is sitting on welfare for her 6 other kids, collects unemployment and food stamps to pay for them all. Now she has had 8 more babies that we, as the tax payers will have to support. I am a married woman with 2 kids, my husband works his butt off to make ends meet, we have NO medical insurance and have to pay for all of our food and mecical cost’s out of pocket, b/c according to the government, we make ‘too much money’ to get assistance. So we are punished for TRYING to make money and still not have enough, yet this woman is out there getting IVF to have more kids..and the government rewards her with cash, food stamps and free medical. It amazes me! Im disgusted with this woman and I sympathize for her children! What a life they must have. So sad!

john f February 12, 2009, 9:19 AM

Though sad, I think it is time for the government to step in and find a financially capable home for the octuplets until Suleman finishes school and can support them herself. Additionaly, I think for any money made on selling the “rights” to the octuplets should be siezed and all birth bills paid and government monies reimbursed, then and only then could Suleman claim any .

Natalie February 12, 2009, 9:29 AM

I am sorry but I will not donate to help this family out. She put herself in this situation. I feel sorry for the people that live in California because they are going to have to pay for raising the 14 children. She couldn’t even afford to take care of the six children she had, so why did she have more. I believe she is simply using the system and I am not the only person that thinks that if you read online articles.

Maria February 12, 2009, 9:47 AM

I’m very dissappointed on how these little babies will be remembered. I do agree with on of the comments posted. If the doctor know her situation, WHY in the world he would still go through the in vitro. I too believe he might be the babies father and if he is or not, his negligence and poor judgement of allowing a woman he knew had 6 other children, single and unemployed, he should be put to pay some of these expenses. AND BUY THE WAY…… IF SHE IS UNEMPLOYED, HOW IN THE WORLD SHE PAID FOR ALL THOSE IN VITROS, Aren;t they like $6000.00 dollar for each one? HMMM makes You wonder.

BAM February 12, 2009, 10:12 AM

This woman has been abusing the system for a long time, receiving money from the government while she sits on her ass and collects a paycheck. I say “no more”. This symbolizes one of the major problems in our country. A person’s mere existence does not qualify them for a free handout, and that is exactly what this woman wants. She is preying on the heart strings of others to pay for her lazy lifestyle. I do not support socialism or communism, but in this extreme circumstance, I believe it is a moral and ethical imperitive to sterilize this woman so she can cause no further burden to the children she already has as well as the hard working, tax-paying citizens of the state of California. Please for the love of all that is good, DO NOT GIVE THIS WOMAN A DIME!!! We are already paying nearly 3 million alone just for the octuplets to be premature in the hospital NICU.

LMG February 12, 2009, 10:14 AM

All those babies should go up to adoption and the rest of the children need to go to other family until she gets it together. She needs serious therpy and get her life in order. This really puts a bad light on those that our trying to adopt or have children. When someone does something so inresponable like this.

juwe February 12, 2009, 10:34 AM

I agree with Mrs. Carson, if your not makening a donation to her website, then don’t worry about. Were all going to have to have to help with the medical bill for the babies with our taxes. It’s not the kids fault. There’snothing anyone can do or change, were not OBAMA! So everyone needs to stop bitching, you think anyone is going to listen? Just wish the best for the kids, rather it’s staying with her or they get put up for adoption…

Anonymous February 12, 2009, 10:46 AM

When the children grow up they will be stared at, and made fun of. People will mock their Mom, and their biological donor friend, that is in hiding now. What madness to have 14 children out of wed lock, and the Mom is college educated. No shame, no shame, how much time can a mom attend to 14 children and babies at one sitting.

Vick February 12, 2009, 11:31 AM

You all really need to take a step back and actually listen to what she has said. She’s worked her ASS off to get the money in the first place to ever even have one IVF. Yes, she has done too many. But she’s still being going to school, still plans on going back to work. What is she supposed to do? Hop right up after having 8 babies and go back to work??? It’s going to be 6 to 10 weeks probably before she can!!! It’s how it is for every mother! Also, is she was “wringing” the system, she’s be getting child care assistance, medicaid, wic, section 8 housing asistance, etc etc, but oh guess what, she’s only getting food stamps! Plus, SSI is created for those in need of it, what was she supposed to do when she got her back injury? Lay around and let her kids go hungry cause ya’ll feel that she isn’t intitled to that money? We ALL pay taxes when we work, so we are ALL entitled to receive it back when we’re in a pinch. So lets sit back and see if she keeps to her word before we all jump on her like mad, foaming, vicious animals! If she doesn’t keep to her word, then hey! There you go, have at, but right now, she’s gotta recover from the damned pregnancy!

J.Schaefer February 12, 2009, 11:49 AM

I’m a taxpayer of California and have lived my entire life accepting responsibility for my actions.

So too, my children, who are now grown and professionals, and tax payers.

I am appalled at this blatant disregard of a woman and a doctor and of the Social Services System/Health and WElfare, who would even DARE AT THIS POINT to support this woman and her illegitimate children/babies.

Ship her to Iran. Let her parents home country support them.

My State of California supports too many FREELOADERS as it is.

I’m damn angry about this.

GO AWAY, Sulemans.. ALL.

Cindy February 12, 2009, 11:50 AM

This entire situation is just sad and unfortunately it will be the children that pay the price. As the mother of an 18-month-old with Down Syndrome, I fully understand the time and commitment it takes to raise a child with special needs. This woman has 3 and rest assured, the preemie 8 will be faced with a multitude of developmental issues. There needs to be an intervention on behalf of these kids.

Anonymous February 12, 2009, 12:11 PM

i think she needs a mental ward i will not give her a penny.i would love to take the babies from here to raise.

ellen February 12, 2009, 12:45 PM

I agree with joe, there’s something wrong with the mother. She is using these children. This is a combination of BLACKMAIL and CHILD ABUSE! Like in other country they use children as props while begging on the street. if you ‘re not going to help, children will suffer, and at the same time child abuse - The plan is the first 6 kids will be assigned to take care of the younger ones, a clear picture of child labor! Please…this is not about “her decisions, or she made poor choices “…this is her plan to fool AMERICA.She is trying to be smart What?! she needs psychiatrist…no! she needs to be in jail ….America, please check the father too…

ellen February 12, 2009, 1:10 PM

Mrs Carson, nice yelling! You sound like you know what your talking about. are you sure you’re not part of this scam! You are the one who should leave us alone…if you dont know what’s going on!Don’t you know that these kids are saying thank you to us for representing them, we care about this children…if you don’t then SHUT UP! LEAVE US ALONE!

ellen February 12, 2009, 1:23 PM

kelsey, why is she going to throw it in the trash bag? that’s her properties…she need those(babies) to earn money. You don’t know what you’re talking about. How old are you?10 maybe? are you sure you are not related to the mother or to mrs carson? Wait maybe when the mother is done with her plan. She might ask help from you to open the bag…..Just wait ok…

katie b February 12, 2009, 1:31 PM

Well, I don’t want to see any child go without the basics, I also believe there are many families who could provide just that. Adoption would allow other families to raise these children as their own and aleviate the mother of the stress of providing for 14 children. I have two of my own and are stretched as it is.

ellen February 12, 2009, 1:31 PM

ellen LOPES (same as my beautiful name)are you the mother’s accountant?

ellen February 12, 2009, 1:44 PM

AMERICA! WAtch out! if you’re not going to donate…guess what’s going to happen next…she’s going to sell those babies like puppies…easy money yah?. SMART SMART SMART. Good BUSiness! I,might try it too…

Cathie February 12, 2009, 1:50 PM

She should be ashamed of herself. She is not thinking of the health and welfare of all those children. I also agree that the children should be placed for adoption and placed in good home for people that really want children and can give them the love and homelife that they deserve. The children did not ask to be put on this earth and they should be given a chance at a good life. She has already showed us that she can not provide this type of life because she does not think. Getting a lip and nose job to her is more important than her children. And another thing where is the father, the state should make him responsible or put him in jail for non support. Girl open your eyes!!!!

Berna February 12, 2009, 2:00 PM

I think her doctor is the sperm donator and the 2 of them cooked up this scheme to make lots of money and publicity. What they didn’t bank on was that so many people would be angry at the selfish way they used innocent babies for money. Those babies should be adopted as twins or triplets to loving families who would love them and financially provide for them. The babies would do better in life this way. How does the self centered mother think she will drive them all to their doctor appointments? How can she ever take them anywhere all together alone.