Octuplets Mom Wants YOUR Money

It was only a matter of time ...

Nadya Suleman has started a family website asking for online donations.

The opening greeting says: "We thank you for the love and good wishes sent to us from around the world. The octuplets arrived on 1-26-09. They are all healthy and getting stronger by the day."

The website features pictures of each baby, along with their names and birth weights, in a section called "Meet the Octuplets."

Oddly, all photos on the site appear to be stills from Nadya's NBC interview. No original photos in sight so far.

nadya sulemans site

There is a place to leave a comment for Nadya herself. But these comments are not live, so you can't see what others are saying. (Maybe that's a good thing.)

Of course, the site offers visitors the option of donating funds via Pay Pal. No surprise there. It also gives Nadya's publicist's address in case people want to make cash/check donations or send items.

Nadya's financial situation is reportedly pretty dire. The mom of 14 children, has no job, no income and, according to the Los Angeles Times, owes $50,000 in student loans, not to mention the millions of dollars in medical bills that she racked up delivering her eight new babies. Ultimately it will be taxpayers paying to support her and her massive brood.

next: I'm Ready to Judge Casey Anthony
ellen February 12, 2009, 2:06 PM

juwe, this is the reason why we need bitching sometimes to educate the mother you , mrs carson and kelsey. you all sound like you dont know what’s going on around you…ang still acting like smart people. Dont be part of this bitching then…go to sleep and donate.

Virginia February 12, 2009, 2:07 PM

I feel sorry for the kids and their mother’s selfishness. The Dr. who implanted these embryos should shoulder the entire expense this woman has incured, if it wasn’t for him she wouldn’t have had 8 more children.

Anonymous February 12, 2009, 3:18 PM

The only way I will believe that this woman is not insane, is if she gives all these babies up for adoption. People like her drain our system and think it’s OK.

texascowgirl February 12, 2009, 3:53 PM

I agree that the doc that did treatments should have to pay child support on those babies. isn’t there a screening process with these things.?

??? February 12, 2009, 4:13 PM

Wow this is so messed up. WHy in the heck would anyone go thru with this. Can we say she is CRAZY and unstable. The state of california Child Protective Services needs to get involved and investagate the mother and her living situation. No family of 14 can live in a 3 bedroom house and the womans parents. And how is the hell is she going to pay for those NICU bills? Oh wait all of us hard working people will. What ashame that are tax money is going to go to that instead of the failing school systems, where the money should go. THINK ABOUT IT. If you want to donate then donate the the your local schools.

neenee February 12, 2009, 4:52 PM

its a damn shame having all those damn children and then can’t support them by yourself and where’s the father figure?i think you crazy!!!!you better show them all the love you can give because yall will always be rich with love but poor because of your selfish acts. all those damn children

anonoymus February 12, 2009, 5:31 PM

I agree with most of you. I am a single well educated female medical professional with no children who payes outrageous taxes for those who decide to sit at home and collect welfare. How dare she conceive and give birth to this many children. How dare that doctor provide and unemployed mother of six with six more embryos. He or she took an oath” to do no harm”. I would constitute this as “harm” This women has serious mental issues that need to be addressed. She is not in touch with reality. The children she cannot support on her own ,government assistance, should be removed by Children and Youth and placed in loving homes where the parents can afford to provide for them financially and emmotionally. Most important that they are Mentally healthy.

Cindi February 12, 2009, 6:00 PM

I am a 48 year old mother of two grown daughters. I don’t understand. I have worked my whole life and paid my taxes every year. I have never gotten help from the government, or asked my parents for anything. And when I retire, I will still have to take care of myself. What happened to this country. Everyone seems to think the government owes them something. THE GOVERNMENT DOESN’T HAVE ANY MONEY THAT WE DIDN’T GIVE THEM. ANY HANDOUTS ARE COMING FROM HER CHILDREN.WHAT AN IDIOT.

AM February 12, 2009, 6:08 PM

I agree, and have no sympathy for her, only for the innocent babies. I had student loans (finally paid off - yay!) and briefly went on assistance for a year when I was on medical leave and for most “normal” people, it’s not something you feel you need to brag about. Life happened, but I got back on my own two feet and things are better. People like her suck when there are people who truly need temporary help. She strikes me as someone who just wants attention and everyone else to pay for it…like honest taxpayers and her babies.

Pam February 12, 2009, 6:20 PM

Nadya, you’ve got to be ashame asking people donations for your 8 babies. The 6 you have you cannot even afford more so with these 8 .Hey!!!if you cannot afford raising them give them to child services. You have six without father and now eight without father again…What are you doing with htese children. You are very selfish…..raing children on WELFARE….SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony carranza February 12, 2009, 6:30 PM

what did you think was going to be peoples reaccion to this, I know, youre thouh that you where going to get a lot of money and a big car and lots of supplys to help raise this children, what you din’t count on was the media bringing the real story to the public, you are “INSANE” , YOU ALREADY HAD SIX KIDS, WHAT MAKE YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN MANAGE EVEN ONE MORE RESPONSABLY.

susie February 12, 2009, 6:39 PM

We have enough problems and now we have to pay for these 8 innocent children. I feel for them. Why on earth would this doctor have allowed this? Bottom line-she wanted them now she should support them. Not us taxpayers who will be issued IOU’s. This story has scam written all over it.

Trey February 12, 2009, 7:20 PM

What a nut job this woman should be locked up in an asylum and never let out Im in the Marine Corps with a wife and child. Even though I have a guaranteed job right now Im not stupid enough to go out and reproduce with the economy the way it is raising a child right now is hard enough but fourteen you have got some issues. Woman what where you thinking you did you think Americans would just stand by and cheer you on and shell out money for your kids with out putting up a fight. Hell I can understand the first pair of mistakes but to keep going after that you are truely incosiderate not only to America for funding your insanity but incosiderate for those children to put them in this world to be raised as a joke in society and not to mention a burdon. So do us all a favor give all fourteen up for adoption maybe Brad and Anjelina will help at least they could provide a future for them hell I remember after every Price is Right Bob Barker would Announce to have your pets spade or nutered maybe we should start making service announcements for people like you. Truely the government has to start doing something with these people who just has kids for more Wel-fare and governmaent support I say we just start taking there kids away put them in Orphanages and the Parents in same sex Segregation Camps hell Guantanamo is available lets send them there.

Anonymous February 12, 2009, 10:15 PM

I agree why would i donate ,she wasn’t honest from the beginning and maybe if she wouldnt of lied people wouldnt be so upset . There is a difference between loving kids and just having them for attention and my opinion that is why she did it .we all our in debt why would we bail someone out who new exactly what she was doing .

tj February 12, 2009, 10:18 PM

She needs mental help. I feel sorry for these 14 children. This doctor needs to pay to raise these children, not our government. She needs to get her tubes tied. I don’t feel abit sorry for her, what an idiot!

kevem February 12, 2009, 10:20 PM

This is what I defend. The right for some idiot doctor to not use his noggin and allow someone who can’t even take care of her kids to have more kids. are you kidding me? 14 kids is absolutely rediculous, and why do they have biblical names whne they werent even born the natural way. are you kidding me. Someoone please pray for her and the stupid doctor. As a member of the armed forces of this great country, I make more than my dad does and he has been doing it for years, there were 3 of us boys for my mom and dad, and we barely got by at times. this is the most absurd story quite possibly ever.

Anonymous February 12, 2009, 10:25 PM

This is to Kelsey who says we all should drop something to support her and her kids .I love kids and I have 2 of my own I sure am not going to drop something that we barely have to struggle more to help a women who gets more money a month than my husband and I and I m sure a lot of people would agree .She new what she was doing she has to suffer the consequences of what shes done .Dont get me wrong I dont want those kids to suffer by no means but im not going to support a mothers bad habit because she wanted the attention thats like giving a drug or alcohol abuser what they really want .

Spanky February 12, 2009, 10:26 PM

I have been saying also that
the MD should pay for the medical
bills and child support!!!!

Jo Ann, mother of 5 February 13, 2009, 12:30 AM

You are a disgrace to motherhood!!! The best time in your new babies lives will be now when they are properly taken care of by competent people. You should be charged with child abuse!!!! Your children will not grow up to love you, sad but true!

C February 13, 2009, 1:06 AM

HOW DOES SHE THINK SHE IS GOING TO PROVIDE COLLEGE EDUCATIONS FOR THE ONES THAT AREN’t MENTALLY HANDICAPPED???? OH THATS RIGHT…SHE WON’T!!!! I GUARANTEE MOST OF THESE KIDS WILL BE IN THERAPY OR JAIL 18 YRS FROM NOW…..MARK MY WORDS…SAD BUT TRUE!!!