Miley Cyrus, Phelps Nominated for 'Kid's Choice' Awards

Miley Cyrus and Michael Phelps are the hot nominations for the 22nd Annual Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.

mileynom270.jpg
Cyrus has the most noms, spanning the TV, movies and music categories. Beyoncé, Chris Brown and Rihanna are close behind with two nominations each.

Here's a look at other kid-tested nominees: Michael Phelps, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Anne Hathaway, Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Vanessa Hudgens, Alicia Keys, Daughtry, Katy Perry, Peyton Manning and, of course, the Jonas Brothers.

The award show, hosted by Dwayne "Don't Call Me the Rock" Johnson, will be telecast live from Los Angeles on March 28.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Hollywood's Biggest ... and Best!
Cristina Mathers February 6, 2009, 2:07 PM

while i don’t necessarily think he’s a smart kid for doing that, i think that he is still a better role model than someone like lindsay lohan. lots of people do bad things, things that we don’t want our kids to do. which has now stressed me out because my kids are only 3 and 1—how am i going to explain this kind of stuff to them? yikes!

Pamala February 6, 2009, 2:09 PM

Cool! Good for Phelps. Sorry but Pot Smoking doesn’t rank up there on things to get angry about for me. People like Britney Spears and so forth are nominated all the time and people don’t seem to mind that and frankly her behavior was far worse.

Jenny February 6, 2009, 2:10 PM

I personally think that the fact that Michael Phelps smoked pot shouldn’t take anything away from the fact that he is a human swimming machine. Everyone b*tching about him not being a good role model should put their attentions towards other public figures and celebrities that are the REAL problems. You know, the Hollywood starlets who are uber thin, can’t really sing, have no talent but are famous because of their money, their daddy, or their crotch flashing. Seriously folks, Mr. Phelps got high, big deal. It’s not like he was caught snorting coke off of a stripper in an IHOP bathroom.

Laura February 6, 2009, 2:15 PM

BOOOO!

Christina February 6, 2009, 2:28 PM

I would just like to know, who HASN’T smoked a little when young? Is it really that big of a deal? I don’t want my children to do it, but I’m not going to think that any accomplishments they have made should be taken away or ignored just for a little puff. He’s human and makes mistakes. Get over it.

Lori February 6, 2009, 2:50 PM

Yes, I would still nominate him! Besides the fact that he’s an Olympic Gold Medal winner and a phenomenal swimmer, he openly admitted he made a mistake. I think that sends a good message to our kids; if you screw up, tell the truth and admit you’ve done wrong. Tell. The. Truth.

Go Phelps!

Kristin February 6, 2009, 4:14 PM

If I was judged for the choices I’d made when I was younger NO ONE WOULD THINK I WAS A GOOD ROLE MODEL!!! But as I stand here today a wife, mother, sales & marketing professional, friend, daughter, sister, aunt and more, I think the not so brilliant choices of my youth played some role in making me into the person I am today! Life is a journey and we all experience “pot” holes along the way. If we picked apart every human being and ruled them out on being a role model for their flaws or mistakes, there would be NO role models left in the world.

Ishappy February 6, 2009, 7:55 PM

DAUGHTRY & MILEY CYRUS. YEAH

Oh and it’s hosted by William Batson YEAAAH.

miley cyrus tattoos November 18, 2010, 2:43 AM