Octuplets Mom's Publicist Lashes Out

A publicist for octuplets mom Nadya Suleman, the mother of eight plus six, is vigilant about protecting her client's interests.

octuplets and hand holding money bag

Last Friday the mother of newborn octuplets did what any single, unemployed mom of six who just gave birth to octuplets would do -- she hired a publicist.

And that publicist is pissed.

Joann Killeen, the spokesperson for Suleman, told momlogic she's fed up with people jumping to conclusions about her client. "They don't know the situation. They don't know her, yet they feel the right to criticize."

"The truth is," says Killeen, "No mother says to herself, 'I want eight babies at once.'"

Indeed, moms in particular have been railing against the 32-year-old for her "unconventional" family planning practices, voicing their opinions on message boards and blogs. "Thank God there's no Internet available for patients in the hospital," says Killeen, "I know what people are writing about her -- but she doesn't. My job is to protect my client."

The public outcry has reportedly made donations to Nadya and her enormous clan almost non-existent. Makers of diapers, formula and other products are keeping their distance from a story with this much controversy. Killeen says all of this is just conjecture. "Just because I don't have a truck backed up to my office with donations doesn't mean anything. What do they need diapers for at this point? The babies are still in the hospital, they won't be out for 10 to 12 weeks."

Do you think the California octuplets deserve donations or financial assistance?

\

pissed February 6, 2009, 5:20 AM

Even though I can’t imagine why she would have wanted anymore since she had 6 already I am pretty sure that she wasn’t implanted with 8 embryos. It was probably at most 4 and they doubled up. I have 7 children of my own and it is hard to find enough time in the day to spend quality time with each of them but I do it. Their father and I take care of them and provide for them. What makes me really angry is the other people on here that are worried about paying for these AMERICAN babies….but I guess none of you have a problem paying for all the FOREIGNERS AND THEIR CHILDREN that receive medical assistance,food,and cash assistance. If you are going to have to pay for someone shouldn’t it be your fellow americans instead of some illegal foreigners?? Granted she was very irresponsible for the decision she made knowing that there were very high possibilities that she would end up with multiples. She makes me mad but I would rather help her then someone who came to our country just for free stuff and treat everyone that was born and raised here like they are better. I am sick of seeing our people in OUR country living in tents,starving and dying because they can’t get any medical help while we take care of people that don’t belong here!

Sandy February 6, 2009, 5:40 AM

Yes, have compassion for these kids: In the form of adopting them out — all fourteen of them. Then toss this idiot mother/breeder/Iraqi in a sinkhole.

Amazed February 6, 2009, 11:18 AM

The Publisist says that: “The truth is,” says Killeen, “No mother says to herself, ‘I want eight babies at once.’”

But this woman did, she had 8 by choice. That’s how many embrio’s (sp) were viable, and decided to have all of them……She’s pathalogical…. or she did this as a way to get money. Is there any way to find out how much NBC pay’d her for the interview???

Amazing……and what has the world done?? Sensationalized all of this.

Super Pissed February 6, 2009, 12:27 PM

Do not blame the majority of public opinion for this irresponsible woman not getting the free diapers, food and other things you had mentioned. Society frowns upon people who act irresponsibly in this way for good reason. We end up paying for it. Have you noticed the state of the economy today? This was the wrong thing to do any way you look at it. I cannot think of a situation where this would be justified. This was not something that she had no control over. This did not happen by accident. If so, I would be among many who would be more than happy to donate what I could to help with the obvious burden of raising six newborns. I cannot believe that anyone would be supportive of this. It really boggles the mind. Does the publicist think we are all a bunch of uneducated retards that can’t tell what the difference is between what is morally right and wrong unless someone else tells us what is? Ethics? Don’t even go there.

rb February 6, 2009, 12:44 PM

Who are you to decide how many children is too many? Who are you to decide who is qualified to bear children and who isnt? Do we live in China or the United States of America? We have freedom in the United States to make decisions other people may see as odd. This woman decided not to abort the extra children, and people who believe in right to life, should be supportive of her decision.

Brig it February 6, 2009, 1:57 PM

I am a tax payer who pays for people who can’t pay their way in society sometimes because of their own irresponsibility and piss poor lack of good judgment. I am a person who has firsthand seen children suffer for an individual’s selfishness. That is who I am. I have every damn right to complain and voice my opinion about this. I don’t care if you agree with my opinion or not. When I read something in the news and I feel strongly enough about it, in this case I am obviously outraged, I am going to do a little venting. Oh and by the way, educate yourself a little before commenting. She already had six children she could barely afford to take care of. By all means let’s have more. Are you kidding me? Oh that’s right. Her parents can help raise them. Silly me. I saw her father on the news today. He looks overjoyed.

IVF MOMMY February 6, 2009, 4:21 PM

First off, this woman has already stated that she is NOT on welfare and refuses to accept welfare. She is collecting disability for a legitt injury she suffered at a previous employment. Everyone is so quick to judge but who are we to say she should have aborted some of these precious children. If she wants to have 50 children than so be it, as long as she vows to care for them as she claims to already, then let her. I don’t believe she should be punished for her choice to reproduce more than others choose to. Hey if I could afford and thought I could properly care for all 14 kids I would do it too!

Chymberly February 6, 2009, 11:51 PM

Chymberly Bender has sent you a story.
Vote for it now on Yahoo! Buzz.
Message:
How did she afford to have vitro when she already had six children? Now she has a total of fourteen children who is paying for them? Our we the hard working citizens who have to pay for women that have to many children and can’t afford to take care of them? I guest we have another walfare mother I wonder how much she gets a month? I bet more than the hard working person who has to work two jobs just to make ends meat.

I hate these women who think they deserve everything for nothing. I always say only have as many as you can afford without help from the state or any other agency. You know damn well she is going to make a book deal and make as much money as she can, why do you think she is giving all of these interviews? I’t money!!!!!

This is why I don’t believe in women having vitro it these types who just have kids for attention. Not the ones who truly want a child who can’t have one.

Laura February 7, 2009, 12:28 AM

Hey Joann, Why dont you help Nadya support this clan? Since you believe in her and her story so much. Since she’s so fascinating and amazing.. Not!

I say boycott any company that supports or helps this train wreck!

ellen jades February 7, 2009, 4:54 AM

Mom logical Joann was not hired by nadya, Joan wenta mbulance chasign after her

ellen jades February 7, 2009, 4:55 AM

The PR company went to Suleman for a pice of the pie, not Suleman to the Pr agent. serafch

katy February 7, 2009, 5:15 AM

This publicist isn’t doing a very good job. I don’t think there is one thing this woman can do to win public support, other than allowing other families to adopt them!

Anonymous February 7, 2009, 1:20 PM

She is such a smart A…, let her figure out how to get all the diapers, milk and everything else…not from me and I hope not from anyone else. She purposefully brought all those kids into her disgraceful existence…no job, no husband because…she’s lonely. Get a dog. I think the kids should be removed from her and adopted out to responsible parents.

anonymous February 7, 2009, 2:06 PM

Let her fertility doctor pay her expenses. That will teach him/her not to do something this stupid and immoral, and will relieve the california tax payer. The issue is responsibility. This mother is not mentally healthy enough to make proper decisions. But her doctor should be.

Anonymous February 7, 2009, 3:29 PM

It’s her babies and let her, her family and publicist support them. We have enough deadbeats that we are taking care off. We do not need her problems draining the system. The woman has problems. She needs to be an example, GIVE HER NOTHING. Who is footing the hospital bills?

AB February 7, 2009, 9:13 PM

I do NOT you think the California octuplets deserve donations or financial assistance WHATSOEVER….These children should be removed from her care as he is obviosly mentally unstable…

Mom of 1!! February 7, 2009, 9:42 PM

Ok so she had 6 embryos implanted with each of her pregnancies where only 1 survived each time…so she wanted another and did the same thing again…and ended up with 8…all have the same biological father…this is to some extent irresponsible…but if she was raising 6 without welfare then she has every right to want and have another…so she ended up with 8…its a medical miracle..she didnt say…oh I hope these 6 embryos produce 8 babies…geez. We should be celebrating that all these babies survived…no parent can deal with the loss of a child. So no support from the larger company who have billions from many parents purchasing their products will only result in poor care of these babies…they are babies..innocent babies…they deserve clean diapers and formula…lets look past her actions and the personal opinions toward what happened….these babies need care and support from more than just their mother who obviously cant care for them all alone. There are many people out there on welfare and thats because without it, those kids would not have a chance. Sure some people abuse it…some people are just morons…but without it…the kids wouldnt eat. Look at what welfare does..it provides food and healthcare to KIDS!!! Im a single mom and Im not on welfare..I went to college…I support my own…and I have no intentions of getting married in this lifetime..does that mean I dont deserve another child if I want one? Its the parents that should be punished..not these kids…but in this case…a woman…an intelligent person…seeked to have another baby and ended up with eight…who says kids need the traditional “mother” and “father” in their life…most families are not this way any longer…Im a single mom of 1 and her father is no longer living…so does that make me a horrible person being a single mom? Ok end rant.

Gabrielle February 7, 2009, 10:29 PM

I think that the best thing that could happen to these children would be to take them away from the mother. She has no job, plans to go back to school while caring for 14 children! People with 1 or 2 would have a hard time with that.

One thing i don’t understand is how did she pay for all of the fertility treatments? I couldn’t afford 1 let alone 5,6 or 7. Maybe the doctor is the father of all these kids.

I feel bad for the babies and her other 6.

patrickm February 7, 2009, 11:22 PM

I think it is terrible that she is not an illegal immigrant, then everything would be fine. We could gladly take her in no questions asked.

sheela February 8, 2009, 12:37 AM

She has a publicist??? I’m gonna puke.
She had an autistic child already and five more besides and then add eight to that…..they are her cash cows plain and simple. She knew exactly what she was doing, knew she would have a nice litter to exploit and then won the multiple birth jackpot of all time. I hope all of her children have a nice healthy, good life, they deserve no less but she personally makes my skin crawl.