Octuplets Mom's Publicist Lashes Out

A publicist for octuplets mom Nadya Suleman, the mother of eight plus six, is vigilant about protecting her client's interests.

octuplets and hand holding money bag

Last Friday the mother of newborn octuplets did what any single, unemployed mom of six who just gave birth to octuplets would do -- she hired a publicist.

And that publicist is pissed.

Joann Killeen, the spokesperson for Suleman, told momlogic she's fed up with people jumping to conclusions about her client. "They don't know the situation. They don't know her, yet they feel the right to criticize."

"The truth is," says Killeen, "No mother says to herself, 'I want eight babies at once.'"

Indeed, moms in particular have been railing against the 32-year-old for her "unconventional" family planning practices, voicing their opinions on message boards and blogs. "Thank God there's no Internet available for patients in the hospital," says Killeen, "I know what people are writing about her -- but she doesn't. My job is to protect my client."

The public outcry has reportedly made donations to Nadya and her enormous clan almost non-existent. Makers of diapers, formula and other products are keeping their distance from a story with this much controversy. Killeen says all of this is just conjecture. "Just because I don't have a truck backed up to my office with donations doesn't mean anything. What do they need diapers for at this point? The babies are still in the hospital, they won't be out for 10 to 12 weeks."

Do you think the California octuplets deserve donations or financial assistance?

\

sheela February 8, 2009, 12:54 AM

AND why is this woman claiming loneliness? She had six babies that would surely fill her needs if she was lonely for children. That just does not make sense.
Now she will be fulfilled? What if she is still lonely in a couple of years?

scout February 8, 2009, 2:37 AM

Nadya Suleman went on workers compensation disability back in 1999 (at age 23) due to a work-related back injury and collected $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008. She told a workers’ compensation Judge in 2001 that she spent most of the day in bed and had been unable to care for her first child. For the past 10 years though she’s been receiving disability payments and is unable to work (or even get out of bed), she’s been able to endure several IVF treatments and have 14 children.

This woman has been living off the system for most of her adult life and will continue to do so at taxpayer’s expense.

Lynn February 8, 2009, 10:37 PM

First of all she had the same amount of eggs implanted everytime,,,nothing new there, secondly who says she is recieving welfare now. I live in PA, when a child reaches school age, the mother does not recieve welfare benefits. So what do they do in PA? Well yes, they have a baby every 4 to 5 yrs. and we help pay for them. I havent seen one article where she has asked anybody in here for help of any kind. Why don’t you all just calm down and wait for the full story to come out before you sterotype her!!

Anonymous February 9, 2009, 11:49 AM

yes, she should receive help and donations!

Renee February 9, 2009, 4:30 PM

Pissed off? Wow… 14 children and sponging off of her parents AND expecting these senior citizens to care for her brood…and her publicist is pissed off? Unemployed, un married (that part ain’t so bad) and homeless, yes, homeless, that is her parent’s home… not her’s. F the publicist… and F this wacko breeding machine. I’m so sorry for these poor children having to call this tragedy “mommy”.

AJ February 10, 2009, 3:49 AM

HOLY CRAP! This woman actually has a PUBLICIST??? How is she paying for that?

mom of six February 10, 2009, 4:17 AM

hey Nene, how can you foot the bill if you are not working? It sounds like you should be spending your time on something more productive than blogging about a woman your “not” supporting.

Deb February 10, 2009, 4:46 AM

I will NOT give this mother ONE dime….These children need to be adopted out by LOVING parents who actually are NOT mentally ill. Once in foster care, I would be willing to help foster parents or adoptive parents. It is NOT these babies fault. But this mother should get NOTHING….If Pampers or Enfamil give this mother anything….I hope everyone boycotts them along with TV shows and movies…do NOT waste your time

lgb February 10, 2009, 10:16 AM

If we are going to start critizing Nada, why not look at the Gosselins. This family too had multiples with out a means to support them. They lived off welfare for years and lied on how they concieved the sextuplets. Just check out the blogs about them. Kate Gosselins is a psycho. No one has questioned this woman. She constantly puts her kids in harm. Most recently she had the kids on a school day do multiple interviews for response to the octuplets birth. During the interviews you could see the kids were tired and hungry. Yet this woman kept the kids doing the interviews for several media outlets. Does anyone question this. I am not condoning Nada but I am just saying we should look at the Gosselins too!!!! Just check out the Reading Eagle newspaper.

Katie February 10, 2009, 1:16 PM

You are ‘protecting’ your client? Why does she need protection. If she needs protection then perhaps its time for her to admit she messed up in a HUGE way. Someone who feels confident in their decisions does not need protection… their belief in their decisions would be protection enough.
Who is protecting the single mothers out there working 3 jobs just to not make ends meet, not qualify for ANY programs? Let me know when it’s time to PROTECT the rest of us!!

Bill Johnson February 10, 2009, 1:54 PM

Ms. Suleman is a psychologically and emotionally unstable, conniving welfare mom. No publicist spin or PR can spin that fact. She is unemployed with no realistic employment prospects in the near future; she collects disability for a “bad back,” yet chooses to subject herself to the rigors and stress of pregnancies and deliveries? She collects foodstamps, federal disability funds for 3 kids, has exploited her parents’ generosity and resources, etc. etc. California taxpayers and taxpayers nationwide are paying to enable Suleman’s irresponsibility and selfishness. She knows how to game the system; that much is certain.

Disgusted February 10, 2009, 3:45 PM

I also will absolutely will ANY Company that provides her with free stuff. I hope the publicist goes out of business. This firm is out for publicity and money. This woman is crazy and most selfish person I have ever heard of. I feel so sorry for Nadya’s mother. What a burden to put on your family. You say you grew up in a dysfuncational family, yet you are having that same family raise your litter. Besides Wallstreet, I haven’t been so angry at anything ever. Because of this mentally unbalanced woman and her selfish choice, taxpayers will suffer, her kids will suffer (physicallay and mentally) her family and friends suffer. All I can say about the doctor that did this is I hope your medical license is tken away. This is a really really sad situation that could have been avoided. Poor kids!

Peter February 10, 2009, 4:07 PM

Knowingly or not, this deranged or diabolically motivated woman and /or her
fertility doctor need to be investigated by appropriate authorities
to determine their roles and reasons for knowingly participating in such a
questionably risky and inhumane birth.
Further, they should be prevented for
medical, legal, moral,ethical reasons
from having the chance to repeat the
process together or with someone else. The burden to the public in these situations cannot be ignored. Such irresponsibility on both their parts in the perspective of the larger picture of family, duty, and human relationships requires a followup.

Anonymous February 10, 2009, 6:57 PM

the only thing she should be given is a surgery to get her tubes tied.im tired of literally paying for other peoples stupidity

kallie  February 10, 2009, 7:06 PM

Absolutely NOT! This woman can’t even take care of the kids she has, take these babies away from her.

your dont need it February 10, 2009, 8:39 PM

Get rid of the publisist..where did she get the money for that???
this is bullshit, social services better take them litter away.

PEOPLE CALL SOCIAL SERVICES ON HER DAILY AND SEE IF THEY DO SOMETHING.
pEOPLE CALL ON OTHERS ALL THE TIME, LETS DO IT…GET THIS RESOLVED
REPORT HER..I AM GOING TO.. DAILY UNTIL HER LITTER IS GONE

jacek February 10, 2009, 11:07 PM

If the state of california and the Fed are going to support this maniac. She should have to pick up trash along highways along with her kids when they are able to walk. Its not right. Two income family and I’m scared of not being able to provide for my kids.

g February 10, 2009, 11:21 PM

Those who have not made bad decisions cast the first stone. The babies should not be punished. They deserve support and I wld be happy to donate money for the innocent angels.

ROXY February 11, 2009, 8:52 AM

God bless all these pretty babies and the mother. People! they are already here. And I’m pretty sure this lady is not knocking you stingy people’s door and asking for your stinky money. If I could see her I would do whatever I could for this mother. One or 2 or 8 it’s same mother is a mother and baby is a baby. You people have no right to be so harsh. World is always big enough for people who knows how to love not for the people like you guys.
God bless you guys.
Be healthy and happy. don’t pay attention for what people say. simply they are just jealous because they can not be in your place. Don’t give away any baby. You’ll regret later. Nomatter what keep them together and love them. There is no better place then mother’s home in this world.

Melissa February 11, 2009, 11:44 AM

I have a question: When a COUPLE wants to do invitro, they have to qualify for it. Fill out applications, show check stubs, prove they are married,and can provide a good home to the child. Why is it that a single woman, with no job and no way tro EARN an income due to “disablities” wa even APPROVED to hae the procedure done? Even if it was just ONE baby. The government PAYS for women to be on birth control to KEEP from having to pay for children the parents can’t take care of. Why on earth would the doctor who performed the procedure have done it in the first place? He KNEW the mother didn’t work. He knew she shouldn’t have even gotten pregnant to begn with due to injuries. He KNEW there was no father. Why burden tax payers with some thing this outrageous just to give a selfish woman what she wants? I was always taught that you can’t always get evrything you want. If this woman wanted more children so badly, why didn’t she just adopt some children that arean’t wanted at all? WHY???? Because she would have never gotten approval. SO why is it that she was abole to have this procedure done in the first place? I blame the doctor for going through with it. He was just looking for a paycheck. In my opinion, they are all selfish. I don’t belive that she should get full assisstance for these babies. I think she needs to find an office job and WORK to take care of them. Welfare is set up for accidental pregnancies that are unplanned. This was PLANNED. She knew exactly what she was doing and knew it would cost money for that many babies. She should have been prepared BEFORE the invitro even occured. It enrages me to know that someone who can’t even take care of themself was APPROVED to have this procedure done, regardless of how many babies it was.