Octuplets: Don't Punish the Kids!

All children deserve a good life, even those born to seemingly plastic surgery-addicted, single, unemployed mothers.

octuplets-tax.gif

Momlogic's Andrea: As the story of the octuplets mom began to unfold, people went from curious to furious. How could she be so irresponsible, to have 14 children with no visible means of support? Why should we the taxpayers spend a dime to help her? Soon, outraged comments like this one flooded the Internet:

You bet I'm going to boycott ANY assistance for her. Look at what she's accomplished WITH assistance!

Nice. That'll show those tiny little babies, breathing though tubes in the hospital! You go, girl!

The sad truth is that those babies -- Josiah, McCai, Jeremiah, Nariyah, Jonah, Noah, Maliah and Isaiah -- are here now. And, in our civilized society, they must be cared for in one way or another.

I'm not saying we need to personally send money to Nadya Suleman -- but why on earth would you be pissed if someone else does?

If we turn our back on the octuplets because we find the actions of their mother reprehensible, should we also stop assisting the children born to drug addicts or alcoholics, too?

I'm not saying you shouldn't hate the mother of the octuplets. I too think that her having eight more children when she already had six she couldn't take care of is selfish and sick. It turns my stomach. But don't punish those little babies for their mother's stupidity. They didn't ask to be born. If someone wants to send them some money for formula or diapers, so be it.

next: Do It Five Different Ways This Valentine's Day
burnie February 24, 2009, 6:38 PM

god bless her,remember LOVE THY NEIGHBOR

starr February 24, 2009, 7:16 PM

some of you maybe not born again christian, that are writing in.before any mean talking people starting pointing fingers at the girl look at all these druggies that are on ssi,that we are supporting. i rather support her and these babies than people who are to lazy and did drugs so long all they do is expect free hand out. maybe God wanted all those babies TO LIVE… i think people needs to look at their own live and all the mess around them before pointing fingers…ever one of us has made mistakes, until u are perfect stop judging her….

Faye February 25, 2009, 7:57 PM

I think that the Suleman babies should receive as much assistance as necessary in order to get them placed in a stable home. I’m sure there are couples out there that would love to care for one are several of those innocent children.

Patricia Tidwell February 27, 2009, 5:57 PM

As someone who can’t have ANY children for medical reasons, I think it’s disgusting that she’s allowed to keep the eight when she already had six! All fourteen kids should be given to someone more responsible!

Megan February 27, 2009, 7:36 PM

I’m conflicked in both directions.. I don’t know weather to hate her or help her ya know?? 50/50.. she NEW she made a mistake & she has ALL THESE kids, 14 of them!! And what is she going to do? Ya that would be great sending her items instead of money so u know its going to the kids & not hher needs like plastic surgery but come on now. I annoyed with her choice & she’s struggling with the 6 she had before & she wanted ANOTHER BABY THAT TURNED OUT TO BE 8!?!?!? my god when u put 6 eggs in u r playing with god. u know the odds are slim but u know it can happen & it DID!! A single mom doesnt need octuplets!! ya i wish u do get help with these babies & raise them the best u can but come on i seriously think u don’t need to have anymore kids & need to get fixed at least. i dont mean to sya it in a rude way but i’m being straight forward. ::SHAKES MY HEAD:: i just don’t know about you. I wish u the best of luck in everything that comes your way with you & your 14 ikds & i pray that u can make it happenm & get the help u need for these kids & babies. MY GOD BLESS YOU!!

Moe February 27, 2009, 8:00 PM

Who holds the doctor a little responsible? He implanted the embyos, he knew from patient history her finanacial and family life situation. He probably has more than enough money to raise eight kids…maybe someone should make him carry some of the financial burden. He knew exactly what he was doing, as did she. He did what he did to up his practice. It all comes down to numbers for him that will produce more patients and more money for him. Let him pay for some of the care they’ll need. He’ll think twice about impregnating another potenital mom in a simialr situation. Don’t let the children suffer because two adults were selfishly only thinking of themselves.

cher February 27, 2009, 8:09 PM

All I have to say is that this woman already admitted to having these children because she was looking for love that she felt she did not receive in her life…Umm I had a 15 year old babysitter that wanted to have a baby to be loved. Its absurd and that should tell you something about this womans mental state!!! Hey maybe one of her 14 children will be artificially inseminated when they grow up because they did not get the love they deserved!!! As we all know, its the same as having an alcoholic as a parent, how many alcoholics chidren grow up and become users? Same as drugs? It is a sickness and I agree with either buying her diapers and formula or not giving anything at all. I believe that what comes around goes around, and no matter what is provided, if she isnt capable, which shes not, of caring for 14 babies properly, action will be taken against her. I do not see how it is humanly possible, nobody has enough arms for that many children and she will be changing diapers and feeding round the clock. If you take these children away, she is getting the easy way out, like being in prison vs the death penalty, let the stupid woman serve her life sentence…When she has no social life and is up to her neck in dirty diapers, maybe reality will slap her in her modified face!!!!Shes a loser…

mollie March 1, 2009, 3:23 PM

i think that the babies should not be put up for adoption they could get spread apart and never see each other wich would be bad but i would just see how things work out with octo-mom first

AnnMarie March 2, 2009, 8:59 AM

The only help she should receive is in the form of donations of material things formula blankets etc. no cash.
Octomom go to the salon and gets her nails done. I have 2 kids no govt. help I have to do my own nails.cannot afford a salon job.

Anonymous March 3, 2009, 2:16 PM

.. Oh and lets not forget that she’s planning on going back to school in September.. who’ll be taking care of all her kids then?
Current rates for daycare places far exceed her (student loan) income, especially with 2 of the 14 being special needs kids

Anonymous March 9, 2009, 4:33 PM

If you are not going to help or assit the mom in any way shape or form go on with your own life and shut the hell up. The children are here if you want to help then do so. I am sick of the nosey insensitive comments of people who are going to do nothing. Thank you

rali March 21, 2009, 9:56 PM

Love doesn’t keep a frazzled, sleep-deprived, frustrated and overwhelmed parent or other caregiver from lashing out in an abusive manner due to lack of sleep or feeling overwhelmed. Being monitored by CPS is not a sure way to prevent this, either. Those babies and their 6 sibs need for their mother and grandparents to have rest and financial and emotional support so that abuse and neglect never start in the first place. And as someone in another post pointed out, adoptive parents can and do abuse their children too. I’m not advocatng sending her money, but I do think that providing people to help her care for the babies and the other 6 is essential to the safety and well being of all of them, including the mom and grandparents.

Anonymous April 18, 2009, 8:52 PM

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!SHE MUST BE STUPID…KIDS R A BLESSING FROM GOD,BUT LOOK AT THE HOLE SITUATION.I HAVE 3 KIDS AND WORK FULL TIME AND I JUST GET BY..SO IMAGINE 14 KIDS NO JOB!!!!THOSES KIDS WILL SUFFER IN THE END!!!!!!SORRY NADIA WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFEE!!!!!LIFE SUCKS AND U JUST DUG A HLOE FOR THEM IN APPORTUNATIES……DO THE RIGHT THING…ITS BEST FOR THEM!!!!!!SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS…..

sorry for my righting im french….

Diane Levasseur June 3, 2009, 1:31 PM

YES THEY ARE HERE - VICTIMS OF AN INSANE MOTHER WHO IS PASSING ON HER DEFECTIVE GENES ON TO YET ANOTHER EIGHT BABIES. AS I SEE IT THERE IS AT LEAST A 50% CHANCE OF SOME OF THESE EIGHT BEING SEVERLY DISABLED -AUTISM.

SHE HAS TOO MUCH CHLORINE IN THE GENE POOL TO BE MAKING ANY MORE DISABLED CHILDREN REQUIRING TAXPAYER’S MONEY FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. YES, THEY ARE VICTIMS, HOWEVER, SHE NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE DIRTY DIAPERS. AS LONG AS EVERYONE ELSE IS SHOULDERING THE LOAD SHE WILL NEVER GET IT THROUGH HER THICK SKULL THE CONSEQUENCES. MAKE HER SUPPORT THEM!!!

Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 3:15 PM

Coming through the standpoint of a fellow member in the fashion marketplace, I actually appreciate your report.

Credit Card December 22, 2010, 5:08 PM

I like this blog, sharp design! is it a template?

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 1:32 PM

Good info. Good to read. I’ve got a single thing to make about tee shirts.

blinds direct January 23, 2011, 7:01 PM

Could you PM me and give me a few more facts about this, I am really fan of your site! recently subscribed to your feed. Would you be be open to swapping site roll Thanks once more for taking the time to put this online. I unquestionably liked every part of it.

Donovan Briston March 16, 2011, 12:27 PM

I’d be inclined to cut a deal with you here. Which is not something I typically do! I really like reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Lashawn Masood March 29, 2011, 7:50 PM

Keep working ,impressive job!