Octuplets Mom Hasn't Had Sex in 8 Years

But who needs to have sex to have 14 children? She certainly doesn't!

Nadya Suleman

Guest blogger Rachel Sarah: According to the British tabloid The Sun, octuplet mom Nadya Suleman says she hasn't had sex in eight years -- and won't think about dating until her youngest kids turn 18.

"I can't remember the last time I went on a date," Suleman told the "The Sun." "Boyfriends? I think I'd have to be extremely selfish. I cannot maintain a social life and be a mother."

The paper reported that Suleman, 33, met David Solomon, the man who donated sperm to her, in a nightclub.

He reportedly is the biological father of all 14 children, but they apparently never had a sexual relationship.

Do you care if Nadya ever has sex again? Does it really matter?

That's what I thought.

But you're reading this post because you're just as fascinated by Nadya Suleman as I am.

For the record, Dr. Leah and I predicted on Singlemommyhood last week that Nadya Suleman would pull out her virginity card. Indeed, she has.

"Whether Nadya did or didn't have sex in the past eight years, we'll never know," adds Dr. Leah Klungness, co-author of The Complete Single Mother.

"Honestly, here's the more intriguing question: Will she ever have sex again -- ever? Or go on a date? Or chat with a girlfriend? Will she ever separate herself from her children? Other needs -- like food, water, sleep -- will trump sexual desire. Likely, Nadya will always be exhausted. She'll eat mostly standing up while feeding her kids and perpetually snack on kid leftovers. So, how do you give 14 kids a chance at life when, as the sole parent, you're already absolutely certain that you'll never have any semblance of a life? That's the scary part."

Octuplets aside, the other real matter at hand here is: you don't have to have sex to have babies anymore.

Whether you're using a surrogate mother from India or getting seed from a donor, you don't have to procreate to get knocked up. The times are certainly changing.

We'd love to hear your thoughts about this one!

next: Goodyear Cutting Nearly 5,000 Jobs after 4Q Loss
K&C's mom February 18, 2009, 12:11 PM

Why is this news, the more attention she gets, the worse she’s going to get. Why do we care about her sex life?

jamesp February 18, 2009, 12:30 PM

LOL

I am ROFLMAO . Geeze, can you even afford the babysitter or even find one that will watch 14 children some of whom are special needs also? I don’t know of any 24 hour daycares in Whittier.

Benjamin Dover February 18, 2009, 12:30 PM

she is a certified wacked out batshit crazy nutjob. kids will be in foster car in a year. the sperm donor is a loser also.

Carolynn Rowe February 18, 2009, 4:43 PM

I admire her for allowing the Heavenly Father to use her body to bring down to this earth 14 spirits that are waiting their turn at the life the Father promised. So many are aborting children, denighing them the right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. My daughter is selfish and has aborted 2, that I know of. I would love to be able to do the same, I would be barefoot and pregnant for the rest of my life if I could. No greater gift could be given to the Father in Heaven than to offer your body to bring down his children to fulfill his plan of LIFE ETERNAL. It dosent matter how she got pregnant, only that she was willing. Only God could give such a desire to this Mom, to be a mom. Just think of the day they all are reunited in heaven. What do you think Jesus will say? “Welcome home thy good and faithful servent,thou hast been faithful over a few things, I shall make thee ruler over many.” I would gladly offer my service to this Mom, for she is the daughter of our HEAVENLY FATHER, and needs the support of all the SAINTS of these LATTERDAYS TO GUIDE AND PROTECT HER AND HER CHILDREN. If there be anyone without sin, let him cast the first stone. Today women are more worried about how their own bodies appear, and denigh themselves the joy of motherhood for fear of a stretch mark. I wish she were close to me, I would be there around the clock doing all I could to help in anyway I could, instead of critizing, how, when, who, where, or why. To know God,is to know the answers. There are still thousands waiting for their turn to come to this earth, but how many will make it? I say this in the name of JESUS CHRIST. AMEN

Carolynn Rowe February 18, 2009, 5:16 PM

P.S. Since my divorce in 1996, I am turned Off by so called “MEN”. I am a young 59 year old, straight, old fashioned, mother of 5.The eldest being 42, the youngest 34. I have not even been on a date in 13 years, let alone had any sex, I do not use anything else either! If I could have had my babies without putting up with a lying, cheating, abusive “husband”, I WOULD HAVE! Men are no longer as they once were, a code of honor ruled.

Susanne February 18, 2009, 6:32 PM

To Carolynn Rowe:

Good Grief, Woman! Surely the “Heavenly Father” had little to do with the birth of these 14 children. Had he wanted Nadya Suleman to have children at all, he would have made it possible for her to conceive naturally AFTER providing her with the mental and emotional health to form a successful relationship with a FATHER for any children.
She is in no way equipped to handle 14 children. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to notice that her state of mental health is scary.

The real tragedy is that with this mother these 14 children will never have the life that is their birthright!!

Bec Thomas February 18, 2009, 9:17 PM

I think all this does is show more of her mental illness. She doesn’t plan to date until her youngest are 18? That just goes to show how co-dependent she is toward her kids.

Nicole February 18, 2009, 9:33 PM

I think it is hilarious how she can’t afford to have a social life when she has children, but yet her parents are mostly raising her children and she is down getting pedicures and manicures while her newest brood is still in incubators. It must be nice to be able to afford luxuries like that when she is using American taxpayers to fund her foodstamps.

ladystar February 18, 2009, 9:43 PM

It is just as well that she has not been sexually active. How many more children would she have had by now? Apparently, this woman has some abnormalities that prevent her from accepting life as it was intended. Her ways of thinking are selfish, she does not want a Father for her babies, which is very unfair to the children. She has created a terrible hardship for her own parents, at a time when they should be able to relax and enjoy life. The practice of children from a sperm donor should be stopped. For those who can not conceive in the way nature intended, there are many orphans in need of loving parents.

lawr February 19, 2009, 6:43 AM

hy did she post her personal ad on a celebrities and wealthy website named “Billionairepal.com”.. Is she still a single?

Adele Bloom February 21, 2009, 12:11 PM

Funny how she drives a new model car and is letting her Mom go into foreclosure and having 14 kids.. I would be crazy and kick her butt out!

Brimmich February 21, 2009, 11:34 PM

It is a shame that semen does not differentiate between the responsible and the irresponsible parent. I am absolutely speechless at the seemingly total lack of meaning in procreation in this instance. As a father of four wonderful, responsible, and healthy children, I am totally at a lack of understanding here. Can someone please explain what has happened, what is happening, and what is going to happen with this family? Will society reward irresponsible parenting as it overlooks and rewards those who bilk billions of dollars from the elderly, and those who have worked hard all of their lives just so they can survive in retirement. Go figure!

Yaormuwl June 30, 2009, 2:59 AM