Octuplets' Mother in Market for Million-Dollar Home

FOX: Nadya Suleman, the California mother caught in a media frenzy after giving birth to octuplets, reportedly is looking to buy a home listed for more than a million dollars -- news that follows on the heels of reports that her current home is facing foreclosure.

nadmillion270.jpg
The latest report comes from TMZ, which cited an unnamed source at Century 21 as saying Suleman has shown interest in buying a $1.24 million home in Whittier, Calif. The house has four bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms and a pool.

Property records show the house where Suleman lives is under the threat of foreclosure.

Los Angeles County property records show a notice of mortgage default was recorded Feb. 9 against the Whittier home owned by Angela Suleman, the mother of Nadya Suleman.

Nadya Suleman has lived in the home with the six children she already had before giving birth to the octuplets.

The default notice shows Angela Suleman is $23,225 behind in her mortgage payments, and the three-bedroom house could be sold at auction beginning May 5.

Angela Suleman's phone has been disconnected and she could not be immediately reached for comment.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: More About the Dalton School
Amber February 20, 2009, 11:13 AM

Maybe it’s the “poor” person in me but if I was looking to get a million dollar home it would have more than 4 bedrooms! I only have 3 kids and I’m looking at 4 bedroom houses and they don’t cost anywhere near a million. A few are slightly under 200k.

SesshoumarusGirl February 20, 2009, 11:13 AM

Yeah, sure! I’d like to know how the hell she intends to PAY for the house?

chris February 20, 2009, 11:24 AM

Beside all the REAL reasons why this is crazy…I want to know why anyone with that many kids that you couldn’t possibly watch all the time would buy a house with a pool. stupid, stupid, stupid!

Violet February 20, 2009, 11:53 AM

Um…obviously even if she got enough money from her webscheme, i mean website to buy the house…is she forgetting property taxes, insurance, utility bills, maintenance costs??? owning even a small house like mine, the costs of homeownership never stop.

Amber February 20, 2009, 12:02 PM

I just read a story somewhere else that says she made 1.2mil off her Today Show interview. Both sources listed at celeb blogs so I wouldn’t say they are reliable. They just state that from her 1.2mil interview she bought a 1.24mil house.

Dee February 20, 2009, 12:14 PM

Wow Chris that is a GREAT point. Wow. Why in the world would you get a pool. It’s an accident waiting to happen.

D February 20, 2009, 4:10 PM

I sure hope she paid the IRS there fair share of whatever she got from her interview or she will be going to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 and the kids will go to foster care or get adopted out. Which let’s face it wouldn’t they be better off.

lisa February 20, 2009, 4:42 PM

This crazy woman makes me sick!

Sandy February 20, 2009, 5:33 PM

I think this woman is not all there mentally. Anyone who will need alot of help with those kids, and is thinking about spending over a million on a house, is nuts. I guess it will be up to us to support and care for those kids while she sun bathes. I would like to see those kids put up for adoption so they can get the care they need. I don’t understand why the state of California has not cut her aid off if she can buy that expensive house

Vicki February 20, 2009, 10:23 PM

Are you kidding me??? The house she’s living in is being foreclosed on; the family has already lost two other houses; she has NO income other than SSI payments for three of her kids; and she’s looking at a $1M house? How exactly is she planning to pay for it? Does she think ANYONE will finance it for her? The woman just gets more delusional all the time.

Qkuecket June 25, 2009, 4:50 PM