Recession Sex Going Strong

The recession is not putting a damper on most Americans' sex lives.

man leaning over a woman and kissing her neck

We'd think that the recession would make people feel more stressed and less ... well ... horny. But that's not so, according to a new study.

Seventy-nine percent of people sexually active and willing to talk about their sex lives said their personal financial situation has NOT affected their frequency of sex, Consumer Reports magazine reports. Five percent are even having sex more often.

An informal poll around the office mainly found the opposite was true. The recession has made us feel anxious and worried about our budgets ... not exactly a turn-on. But one mom says she snuggles more and bonds with her hubby sexually because "it takes my mind off our financial woes ... plus, it's free entertainment!"

Is your sex life affected by the recession? Are you having sex more or less?

next: Momlogic Goes to Caylee's Memorial
Callista February 11, 2009, 3:15 AM

This article makes a good point… My man and I are skipping the Valentine’s Day gifts this year and opting for a day in, renting a movie and cooking dinner together. And having our own fun. ;)

bridgette February 11, 2009, 3:28 PM

well obviously. you need to relieve stress more than ever :)

downintheSouth February 12, 2009, 3:23 PM

My man and I are having more sex lately because we can’t afford to go out as much as we were. Things are SO exspensive! We like to watch movies are tv, cuddle up, and also cook at home together. Have those special moments more often have actually helped us bond more. I feel a lot more closer since we stopped going to bars or parties

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 5:18 PM

Honestly great entry to study on.!!! I’m really curious with this content. Looking ahead for more information.

Brigida Weasel January 24, 2011, 1:42 AM

that is what i’ve been trying to say all these years

Margarito Mackedanz March 29, 2011, 7:55 PM

I’m still learning from you, as I’m making my way to the top as well. I certainly liked reading all that is posted on your site.Keep the tips coming. I liked it

Lawrence Trube March 30, 2011, 7:01 AM

Great website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also

Malcolm Clemens April 6, 2011, 8:11 AM

Well I truly liked reading it. This information provided by you is very useful for correct planning.

Ivy Shinko April 10, 2011, 5:27 AM

Keep functioning ,impressive job!

varicella vaccine April 10, 2011, 8:13 AM

I’d have to examine with you here. Which isn’t one thing I normally do! I take pleasure in reading a post that can make individuals think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!