Rihanna and Chris Brown Back Together

chris_brown_rihanna270.jpg

People: Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

The pair have reunited almost three weeks after Brown, 19, allegedly battered the "Umbrella" singer on Feb. 8, a source tells PEOPLE.

"They're together again. They care for each other," says the source. The on-again couple are currently spending time together at one of Sean "Diddy" Combs's homes, on Miami Beach's Star Island.

Adds the source: "While Chris is reflective and saddened about what happened, he is really happy to be with the woman he loves."

In its latest issue, PEOPLE reports that Brown called Rihanna on her 21st birthday one week ago. "He called to wish her happy birthday," a source told the magazine. "They've reached out to each other. It's been mutual."

Brown was booked by LAPD for making criminal threats but the case has not yet been presented to the District Attorney, who will ultimately determine which charges, if any, will be prosecuted.

next: Working Moms: Don't Feel Guilty!
Amy February 28, 2009, 4:46 PM

If he really did do what they say he did, I’m going to be so disappointed in her decision to stay with him…I realize that it’s not my place to say and it’s not an easy thing to go through, it’s just so sad to know that this could be such a positive role model for teenager girls and really any woman to see her walk away and be brave and strong and not let a man do this to her. It’s just really to bad. I thought she would take a stand even if it meant quietly not getting back together with him. That would be better than nothing atleast. If those pictures that were leaked were in deed Rhianna and a result of Chris’s actions and she stays with him, I will be truly sad for her and for the lesson lost on our youth that this is not ok and you don’t have to take this and you should respect yourself enough to never let a man treat you this way….

Jahmal February 28, 2009, 5:04 PM

I support Rihannas decision. I am actually a fan. Rihanna doesn’t have to be a role model for young women everywhere. She is human! She loves Chris, Chris loves her. I don’t think she should leave him to SATISFY the media,her fans or society. I’m sure she made him agree to getting help.

Bec Thomas February 28, 2009, 5:56 PM

This is rather typical of batter wife syndrome. Sad for sure but not terribly surprising, hopefully the next time he beats her she’ll get out.

Nicole March 1, 2009, 1:12 AM

I completely agree with Jahmal. She needs to make decisions for her, not because she’s a role model. I think it’s sad that she is going back to him but maybe that should tell us there’s more to the story. NOT at all saying she got what she deserved or anything like that, but maybe she had a little more of a hand in things than we know. It is what it is, they are young and in love…we have all been there. Love is blind and makes stupid decisions. I wish them the best and if they are back together I hope they can get past this and be stronger.

G March 1, 2009, 8:42 AM

Umm… am I missing something? Since when is beating the crap out of someone loving them?

coffee March 4, 2009, 7:46 PM

stuff like Rihanna and Chris Brown getting back together this makes me wonder what’s going on behind the scenes

Amy March 5, 2009, 1:46 PM

Rhianna IS a role model like or it not, however regardless of whether she is thinking of the millions of young people who look up to her and want to be like her, she should really do this for herself. “They” are not in love. She is in love, he is control. If he loved her he wouldn’t hurt her and that’s that. He BEAT her. He’s a jerk and she’s not being good to herself. Don’t say they are in love and it was just a mistake. She should be strong for herself. She has to love herself more than him. The saying couldn’t be more true in this case. You can’t love someone else if you don’t love yourself. She must not love herself. I feel so sad for her.

Trina March 11, 2009, 4:06 PM

I completely agree with Amy. She cannot CHOOSE to be or not be a role model, she IS one, and she IS setting an example whether she wants to or not. No matter how this incident turns out, no matter how you spin it, to say that Chris Brown and Rihanna don’t set examples for young people is completely asinine. The bottom line is (because some people, based on these comments, seem to be missing it) Chris Brown assulted Rihanna physically and verbally, and the Kid’s Choice Awards’ failure to act instantly on this incident, as well as Rihanna’s choice to continue a relationship with him, suggest to impressionable people that such disgusting behavior is excusible. Kids obviously look up to these people, seeing as they were both nominated for the KCA, so why are some people acting like their actions don’t have an effect on their fans?

Ida March 19, 2009, 4:02 PM

It’s easy to set back an judge people and tell them what they should & shouldn’t do. Taking him (Chris)back is a big mistakes some say. People in love do what’s best for them. I commend Rhianna for doing what she wants to do and not listening to everyone telling her how she should feel. I think what Chris did was wrong and he needs help (counseling), but what happen to forgiveness. Plus, if you demand someone stay away from the one they love, they sneak around (more dangerous), at least Chris knows now that the world is watching him and we all know where Rhianna is. She won’t have to lie to be with him.

raydera April 1, 2009, 8:55 AM

i think that if somebody was to hi me i would not go back to them sorry chris but i still love you

biggest fan April 17, 2009, 7:55 PM

I believe that no woman deserves to be hit, but I can’t believe that chris would do anything like that I just pray that u 2 can get along and no charges are fully forced towards chris. to chris GOOD LUCK!!! Ri. pain will heal,tragidy last 4ever,