Sarah Palin's Sportin' Hooker Boots

Is she going to a politican luncheon wearing these hooker boots??

Sarah Palin

Our friends at Talking Shopping called out Governor Sarah Palin for wearing these knee-high patent leather boots to a political luncheon. Umm ... no offense, but if Sarah Palin wants to be taken more seriously, she may consider staying away from the "Pretty Woman" look and go a little more conservative.

We're all about the patent leather boots with jeans around the house or grocery shopping, but to a political luncheon -- coupled with teased hair and a face full of make-up? Not so much.

next: Newborn-Sized Toddler Baffles Doctors
Anon February 3, 2009, 3:21 PM

A little judgemental of you don’t you think? Let her wear what she wants - she looks fine!

Dionne February 3, 2009, 3:28 PM

The boots don’t seem to go with the suit though. The boots in itself are fine. But why is she wearing boots like that with a suit.

Notalib February 3, 2009, 3:33 PM

You just have to laugh at the loony left. They have no problem with these boots until their PDS kicks in they they are distasteful, once again showing how shallow they really are.

Snarky Leftists R silly February 3, 2009, 3:59 PM

Women that write articles like this make me think they are chunky- unattractive women that only wish they could look as good as Sarah Palin.

jackie February 3, 2009, 4:11 PM

i agree, if she wants to be taken seriously, she should classy it up and get rid of the tan and sprayed on face contouring. the boots are a bit much

Anonymous February 3, 2009, 4:44 PM

I agree. This is not about liking or disliking Palin. The boots are just not working with the outfit.

Brenda February 3, 2009, 4:58 PM

Just goes to show you that the Republican money bought her great makeup, hair and clothes. Without that bundle she looks like a hooker. Hopefully she is using her money to ‘study up’ a bit.

wayenough February 3, 2009, 5:22 PM

The boots are fine. Hardly “hooker” and lots of women wear them, including Condi Rice to the Wiesbaden Airforce Base in Feb 2005. Talk about Matrix!

Her hair and make up haven’t undergone a major change so why throw it into the mix. I am no SP fan, but this woman can no longer walk down the street without drawing lunatic/fringe criticism. When she opens her mouth she asks for it (sometimes)but leave her alone for how she dresses and looks.

Lo February 3, 2009, 5:55 PM

really?
and we wonder why women get held down. cause other women can’t STFU about STYLE?!!? She’s a Governor. Say something like look, she’s going to work! policy talks! not oh hooker boots.

successful attractive female February 3, 2009, 8:43 PM

Most of SP’s success is directly attributted to her good looks. If she were short and dumpy and looked like Leslie Neilson, there’s no way this woman would have had a career in politics. Her problem though is that she’s still stuck in beauty queen mode with all the trendy clothes and corsages. No one where I work would take her seriously if she came to a board meeting dressed like that. Time to start dressing like a professional…

Kristi F February 3, 2009, 9:09 PM

Are you kidding me??? I used to read this site because it had mom-centered articles… Since when does someone’s choice of footwear necessitate an article. This site is getting to be one step ahead of the gossip rags. Why do we have to be so judgmental all the time? I’m sure that the same judges have never made any sort of perceived fashion faux pas themselves.

SJ Reidhead February 3, 2009, 9:43 PM

I noticed no one compared the black boots Jill Biden wore to the Inauguration to “hooker boots”.

Double standard?

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

tammy in KY February 4, 2009, 1:04 AM

SJ Reidhead, I was thinking the same thing about Jill Biden…I think Sarah wore a similar style to a presidential campaign event before and didn’t get this kind of backlash. I think for a woman in her mid-40s with 4 kids and 2 grand kids she looks pretty good. Looks do matter when your job is to represent and work with the public. Her taste is a bit out of touch with whats mainstream, but she’s already proven to be a fashion influence. How many of you went out and bought the same eyeglasses and got a similar hairstyle?

SJ Reidhead February 4, 2009, 1:46 AM

i wondered the same thing myself!

Nathan February 4, 2009, 6:15 AM

Sara is such an amazing woman I’m sure this sort of hate isn’t bothering her.

Nathan in WI

Richard February 4, 2009, 11:49 AM

SJ Reidhead, Sarah Palin is the Gov. of and Alaska and was a V.P. candidate while Jill Biden is the wife of the V.P. If you want to compare Jill to someone then her republican equal would be Todd not Sarah Palin. And for that matter who looked more like a V.P. candidate Senator Joe Biden or Gov. Sarah Palin?

Kitty February 4, 2009, 2:50 PM

Clearly Mom Logic knows nothing about fashion. I don’t care what she wears anyway. Mom Logic is way off course with this and other stories. Aren’t you supposed to be about Moms and Families?

Mark in MD February 4, 2009, 7:10 PM

Wow. Were Sarah Pallin a Democrat, that would be denounced by the Left in unison as a sexist comment. Oh, but I forget. Dems are allowed to treat women like trash. Right Sen. Kennedy? President Clinton? Hmmm?

Andrea February 4, 2009, 7:20 PM

I am a mom, I wear boots with or without a suit. They keep your legs warm. I am not a hooker.

Jennifer in VA February 4, 2009, 7:23 PM

I agree with Mark in MD. I just found a picture of Michelle Obama wearing the same boots with some trench coat looking thing. Would you call them hooker boots on her? I doubt you would.