twitter facebook stumble upon rss

Teenager Burned Trying to Kill Head Lice with Gas

sign up for the momlogic newsletter Tweet This

Associated Press: Police say a teenager who soaked her hair in gasoline to try to kill head lice was severely burned when the gas fumes ignited and set her head ablaze.

liceburn270.jpg
Eighteen-year-old Jessica Brooks was in serious condition Thursday at the burn unit at University Hospital in Louisville, Ky. She was burned Sunday night at her apartment in Evansville, Ind.

Police said Brooks was in her bathroom letting her hair soak in gasoline just before a pilot light from a water heater ignited the gas fumes and her hair.

Investigator Richard Howard said Brooks suffered second- and third-degree burns over more than half of her body.

Brooks was taking high school night classes in hopes of graduating this year.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.


next: Tommy Hilfiger and Wife Expecting a Baby
2 comments so far | Post a comment now
jw  February 26, 2009, 8:34 PM

This poor girl… I pray that she can make a full and speedy recovery.

Ju February 26, 2009, 10:20 PM

She had such beautiful hair, too. I hope she gets well soon.


Back to top >>
advertisement