Tori Spelling's Weight Is None of Your Business!

She talks to momlogic about her fashion show debut, her jewelry line, and her daughter's first trip to NYC.

Tori Spelling

In an exclusive backstage interview, Tori Spelling invited momlogic along as she was fitted for a frilly Betsey Johnson dress she'll wear in the Heart Truth Red Dress Fashion show to kick off New York's Fashion Week. Looking stylish and very slim, Tori tells momlogic that she feels healthy and great -- and, really, it's nobody's business anyway.

"You just got to do what's right for you," she says. "Don't let people judge your weight. That's something they shouldn't be talking about. They should just say how great you look! Never talk about a woman's weight or age. It's true; it's disrespectful to a lady."

And this lady is a virgin -- a fashion show virgin, that is. Tori admits this is the first time she'll be strutting her stuff on the runway -- and she's ready. "I can do the model walk ... I've studied that model walk," she says. "You've kind of got to pick up the feet. It's not natural walking. You kind of prance like horses ... but beautiful horse prances!"

By taking part in the Heart Truth show, Tori will be prancing for a purpose. "I was so excited when they asked me to be involved, just because it's such an important cause," she says. "Heart disease is the number-one killer of women. Although personally I've never had to deal with it in my family, I'm a woman and we have to support each other and be there for each other. It's such a great cause."

She plans on taking in a few more fashion shows while in town, but the busy mom of two admits that she's most excited about a very special shopping excursion. "I have my kids here," she says. "It's Stella's first trip to New York, so we definitely want to get in some kid stuff. We're going to go to FAO Schwartz -- got to take them there! -- and just do things that they can do with me. And then I am going to see a couple of shows."

Not content to sit on the fashion sidelines any longer, Tori is actually also taking a turn as a designer. But forget precious gems and serious stones -- her HSN line of jewelry is incredibly affordable as well as fun. Tori told us why. "I remember when I was little, my mom wore a lot of diamonds and I was always really embarrassed by them," she recalls. "She was like, 'Just wait until you grow up, you're going to love the diamonds.' But now that I'm a grown-up, I still don't really like the diamonds! I like costume jewelry. It's fun."

Life for this fashionista has certainly changed since she became a mom. Tori admits that she still changes outfits a few times a day -- but now, it has nothing to do with the paparazzi. "I do find that you usually can't get through your day without having some sort of spit-up or pee or poo or something on you," she laughs. "So you know, a lot of outfit changes. I used to do outfit changes for TV and for shows, and now I do outfit changes for child!"

Now that's a fashion faux pas we can all relate to.

next: An Econo-Friendly Valentine's Day
Jill (the other one) February 14, 2009, 3:37 AM

She’s got a point, but … If Tori Spelling doesn’t want people to talk about her weight or her body, she probably shouldn’t pose in a bikini for a gossip magazine and give them an interview about her post-baby weight loss. I’m just saying.

B February 14, 2009, 8:04 AM

I just don’t understand people anymore. Why would anyone want to make vicious, unneccessary, un-asked for comments about a persons weight gain? No, little girl, posing in a swim suit is not justification for being mean spirited. Grow up, learn to be a lady, oh yeah, and learn how to comment on our problems here in the USA.

Karine February 14, 2009, 8:16 AM

Amazing to see what an ego maniac with a inferiority complex has to say. She would not know what a Lady is if you sat her on one for a month… I am so tired of these superficial types pretending to be something they already are … Phony and superficial

liz February 14, 2009, 8:23 AM

Finally!! A celebrity who’s not will to make soemthing that’s none of our business, none of our business.

Buck February 14, 2009, 9:12 AM

Well,

As a man let me “weigh” in on this. I for one happen to like “healthy” ladies, not some “stick”. A lady can be a BBW and still be healthy. Besides if a gal has a few extra pounds, there’s just that MORE to “love” on, hehehehehe. ;-)

annie February 14, 2009, 9:41 AM

she’s not exactly the prettiest woman in tinsel town and the weight loss makes her look worse

OmniVixen February 14, 2009, 9:47 AM

JMO I think that the only reason most people are hateful & ugly towards skinny star’s is because they have no true happiness in their own lives or your fat & jealous. Who cares if she is skinny & who cares if she thinks she is beautiful. She is getting paid because somebody thinks she is beautiful & she may have a past but last time I looked so does everyone out there. Nobody is perfect & I am sorry but unless your without sin don’t be so judgemental. Get a life! Our world has bigger problems then a bunch of haters being all upset over some SKINNY star.

Julie February 14, 2009, 10:11 AM

I don’t care about her weight one way or another but it is the first time I have heard Tori and lady in the same sentence. A lady doesn’t do the things she has done to other women.

e February 14, 2009, 10:50 AM

You go Torri, Weight is no ones business and there are to many critics out there pointing fingers at women and deciding whos fat and whos not.
Fat people have feelings too. And the ones that are way to Skinny. They too have feelings.
Maybe we should start following the photographers around and put them in magazine of who’s hot, who’s not. See how they like having their bodies displayed across the nation.
Anorexia and Obesety are diseases just like alcohol and drug addictions.
To get help for Obesety its called elective and most insurance companies won’t cover it.

JBaer February 14, 2009, 11:21 AM

When will the media slam male celebrities for being too fat or too skinny?

Kelly February 14, 2009, 11:39 AM

Tory Spelling is a joke, she needs to have a reality check. That is one unattractive girl. Yuck! She acts like she was special being invited to do the fashion show. There were alot of has beens in the show. The people that put the show on couldn’t get any A listers to even consider showing up for there cause. Cause A listers are to busy.

david February 14, 2009, 12:13 PM

tori spelling should post nude photos and videos of herself online

cdawg February 14, 2009, 12:21 PM

Let me keep this short and to the point: “Crackhead”

basketpam February 14, 2009, 12:39 PM

Sounds like a woman who has her feet on the ground and has developed a great deal of common sense. I’m glad she basically told the reporters, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! More celebrities should do that. Yes, it is RUDE to talk about a woman’s weight (or her entire appearance in my opinion) or her age. Whatever happened to go old fashion manners? So I say well done Tori, well done!

pam February 14, 2009, 12:51 PM

She’s described as looking very slim, but to me she looks dangerously skinny. As a mom of daughters, I’d keep an eye on her health if she were mine. Even grown daughters need mom’s love. These days being a celebrity means catty remarks about your weight and too many young women are developing eating disorders. All the best to her.

Vicki February 14, 2009, 1:07 PM

Making remarks about a lady’s weight is incredibly disrespectful. People without weight problems think their remarks are so funny. Let he who is perfect make the first comment

shari February 14, 2009, 1:32 PM

This is ridiculous. No, people shouldn’t ridicule others about anything, but celebrities provoke gossip. They count on those tabloids that they profess to loath to keep their names viable. And no one is more disrespectful toward others than the Hollywood community. They insult our intelligence, morals and sanity every day of our lives. They have a terrible influence on society and set the worst of examples. This is just another non-newsworthy item in the news to put her name in the papers, play on our sympathies and promote GOSSIP. It looks as though it has worked.

Denise February 14, 2009, 3:20 PM

I think she looks great!

Darlene February 14, 2009, 11:05 PM

It is so sad the pressure society puts on people to be skinny. It is even worse when your in the spotlight. No wonder why so many people are straving themselves to be beautiful. I think she looks sickly, but that is my opinion. What is important is she thinks she looks good, and I hope she is healthy. I have recently gained some weight and even though I am a size 8/10. I had a man tell me I was fat. I feel that I need to be a size 6. These girls are under a lot of pressure to be skinny. Although I don’t think she looks healthy, I truly appreciate her standing up for herself and saying, this is my choice and it is no one business - it is disrepectful to ask a lady weight and age. I get asked those questions all the time and I feel the same way. Thank you Tori

lauren  June 4, 2009, 6:41 PM

Tori spelling is not ok, she does not look great. I am the mother of a child with an eating disorder. I feel sorry for all these young women.Look at the tabloids and at all the emaciated girls, they are all feeding off each other. The pressure is so intense now that they are all so dangerously thin, they think this is the norm of what they should look like. When people are naturally thin you cannot count every rib on their back, as you can with tori spelling. Tori spelling can go into sudden cardiac arrest due to low pottasium levels and die.unless she goes to the Dr. and gets these levels checked she will have no way of knowing they are low. We had to rush my daughter immediately to emergency after her weekly Drs. appointment determined her levels were deathly low.She had to go on an i.v. potassium drip. She was 5”6 and 108 lbs.Much heavier than Tori.Dean if you love Little Mama get her help, she could suddenly JUST DIE!lAUREN