World's Most Pierced Woman: 6,005 and Counting

FOX: The world's most pierced woman, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, has added to her collection with a 6,005th piercing, the U.K.'s Telegraph reported.

piercedwoman270.jpg
Elaine Davidson, of Edinburgh, Scotland, made the Guinness World Record official in 2000 when she had a mere 462 piercings -- 192 of which were in her face.

Nine years later, the Brazilian-born nurse has thousands of piercings including more than 1,500 that she says are "internal."

Surprisingly, Davidson says she doesn't like getting pierced.

"To break the record you have to get to a high level," she told the Telegraph. "I wanted to break the record. My family [doesn't] even like tattoos or piercings. But I am happy. I decided to change myself and be me."

Excessive piercing can be dangerous, according to medical experts. In addition to the risk of infection in and around the area of the piercings, people who are well-pierced are considered at high risk for blood-borne diseases such as hepatitis and HIV, which can be spread by reusing needles.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Working Mom's "Quality Time" Breakdown
Traci February 26, 2009, 1:40 PM

I’m all for self expression but *vomit*

LARRY February 26, 2009, 2:09 PM

SO DAM NASTY U ARE

vickie garrett February 26, 2009, 3:01 PM

go for it

robin February 26, 2009, 3:28 PM

I feel that if someone wants to self-express that is great, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
I love it when people are comfortable with themselves to express it & damn to small minded people.

Barb February 26, 2009, 4:36 PM

You’ve got to be kidding. Not only ouch, but totally gross. At where she’s at, how can she have any type of relationship with a significant other???? I think she needs some major phycological assistance, or maybe it’s way too late. Gives me the chills. - Barbara

Danielle  February 26, 2009, 5:58 PM

It’s funny how some people don’t care about the way they look. I thinks she looks horrible.

john February 26, 2009, 6:16 PM

I think this is not only gross but it is destroying God’s temple!

El Tee February 26, 2009, 9:04 PM

World full of sick people. Lord help us

Lollilumps February 27, 2009, 10:38 PM

How can you tell what she looks like… you cant see her face….

jill February 28, 2009, 1:42 AM

She was an average looking woman before all of the piercing and tattooing. She seems to be a very friendly person as well. This is a serious problem because not only does she have all of these external tattoos, she has about 500 INTERNAL tattoos in her private area. Why would one do that except for the pain? I would bet that she will have a horrendous, painful life ahead of her as she she ages. There are lots of people who do these things, as well as other horrid things to themselves. It seems to me that they are good people who could be diverting that energy into positive causes. These are not evil, weird people.

jill February 28, 2009, 1:44 AM

Correction - I mean that she ahs 500 PIERCINGS (not tattos) in her private area. I also mean that she was a pleasant looking person with a friendly face before all of this work was done to her.

Norma Jenkins February 28, 2009, 2:50 AM

People like this are so needy and this is a way of getting attention. I feel sadness for them and hope they can find the love and attention they so desperately need.

Jill (the other one) March 4, 2009, 5:45 PM

Um, ew.
And am I the only one thinking of the trouble she’d get into at airport security? I hope the Guinness people have been able to go to her, because I don’t think she’ll be able to fly to meet them. She’d break the metal detector.

Tnuuhrev June 27, 2009, 1:42 PM